• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

Got a pink and a purple f'n Roach in the mail today. Prolly gonna hafta wait until the weekend to throw one.

Threw mine on my lunch break today. Exact same stability as the Ti Ledgestone run:
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20181211_140921_resized.jpg
    20181211_140921_resized.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 178
Threw mine on my lunch break today. Exact same stability as the Ti Ledgestone run:
attachment.php

Umm, I'm hoping for nicely stable, like true 0 hst and mild/moderate fade. I wanna kick the P Envy out and the Big Z Roach I have is a little touchy with much wind. I bag a JB for US putter stuff.

So do tell, what is your stability assessment?

I really hope they don't take the Predator out of production. The flight is unique and great. I think it feels really good BH (better than similar options in its class) but took me forever to like it FH.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

As a near 17yr BH dominant player I loathe the way the Predator feels. I'd be thrilled to see a replacement that's more comfortable...says the guy that finally switched from Banshees to Firebirds.

To each their own!

Umm, I'm hoping for nicely stable, like true 0 hst and mild/moderate fade. I wanna kick the P Envy out and the Big Z Roach I have is a little touchy with much wind. I bag a JB for US putter stuff.

So do tell, what is your stability assessment?

Sorry, but unless you wanna start adding a pinch of hyzer to your putter throws (that's what I do), i don't think these are going to be replacing your Envy. I can lay into an Envy like a mid, and with a flat release, it'll hold. Maybe you have better form with a putter though...

I don't use the Roach for that. I mostly do 1steps or standstills out to 200 or so.

Sorry, but unless you wanna start adding a pinch of hyzer to your putter throws (that's what I do), i don't think these are going to be replacing your Envy. I can lay into an Envy like a mid, and with a flat release, it'll hold. Maybe you have better form with a putter though...

I don't use the Roach for that. I mostly do 1steps or standstills out to 200 or so.

So pretty similar stability to Big Z? Oh well, the hell with mold minimization anyway.

Or, ya know, add a hint of hyzer to your release:|

Cue release angle debate:popcorn:

Yeah, yeah......Envy can take a pretty good rip, even into a bit of headwind and especially the Proton I've been throwing, and they can go far. Roaches I've thrown are more finesse, like FHowl said.

Buying discs is frustrating. . .bought a PREDATOR for testing, really liked it so i orderd 3 more, same weight and color. . and the new ones looks nothing like the first one :(

The first one was nice and flat. . the 3 new ones all have a big dome. . BIG difference

I like to have 3-5 discs of the same mould for practise . . but to find 3-5 that looks, feels and flies the same is HARD!! ( same for every brand )

Buying discs is frustrating. . .bought a PREDATOR for testing, really liked it so i orderd 3 more, same weight and color. . and the new ones looks nothing like the first one :(

The first one was nice and flat. . the 3 new ones all have a big dome. . BIG difference

I like to have 3-5 discs of the same mould for practise . . but to find 3-5 that looks, feels and flies the same is HARD!! ( same for every brand )

I'm a Machete man myself (haven't seen any variations in the mold yet), but when I use to throw Preds I never came across any domey ones. Sites like http://www.discbaron.com/Discraft-Predator-s/3228.htm
list the profile (domey, flat, puddle top, etc) Looks like they have 5 flatties if you are still looking... OTB discs is another one that has that detail.
Also, most sites are happy to tell you about the profiles. Just shoot them an email.

I've got an ESP pred that's got a major pop top dome to it. Pretty stable, but nothing in comparison to my Z-FLX machete.
I agree the pred and machete are not even close. The machete is closer to a nuke os

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Haven't been on DGCR in years, but I thought I should check in while taking a break from Facebook. I'm thinking about trying an APX for upshots and I putt with Magnets. Does anyone use both, or too similar to bag both?

I gotta say, the Roach is what the Roach is....a straight flyer with a floaty glide. Not much difference between the Ti and Big Z so I can't really justify having more than one as a thrower. The Envy stays.

Haven't been on DGCR in years, but I thought I should check in while taking a break from Facebook. I'm thinking about trying an APX for upshots and I putt with Magnets. Does anyone use both, or too similar to bag both?

Do you not like the feel of Magnets for upshots?

Probably not a bad choice. I putt with a Soft Magnet, but use a more stable Challenger for short approach shots......currently a Crystal Chally. I like to have my short approach to have some dependable fade or finish.

There is not a range of options available with the Challenger, between plastic options and the SS/OS model additions.

So I have had the same set bag for the last 2-3 years or so, but my disc golf roots have always been Discraft.

Reaper, Xpress, Wasp, Buzzz, and Challenger was my first serious bag set up back in 2007 and while I have wandered away from the fold a bit, a few Discraft staples have stuck around. Now days a lot of the old molds I recognize and had a connection with are gone, and new ones have emerged.

The Vulture and Undertaker in particular have caught my eye, so I was curious: Given my long established driver lineup (River, Eagle, Pred, Trespass, Force) is there a distinct advantage to also carrying a speed 9 that may be similar to my Eagles? Or should I just save the money?

So I have had the same set bag for the last 2-3 years or so, but my disc golf roots have always been Discraft.

Reaper, Xpress, Wasp, Buzzz, and Challenger was my first serious bag set up back in 2007 and while I have wandered away from the fold a bit, a few Discraft staples have stuck around. Now days a lot of the old molds I recognize and had a connection with are gone, and new ones have emerged.

The Vulture and Undertaker in particular have caught my eye, so I was curious: Given my long established driver lineup (River, Eagle, Pred, Trespass, Force) is there a distinct advantage to also carrying a speed 9 that may be similar to my Eagles? Or should I just save the money?

Undertaker is more of a speed 8. (I think the pdga approved list rounded up). If you were planning on inserting a disc into your current lineup, I don't think either disc will fill a need....but doesn't hurt to try them out, and just resell or trade them. Trying new plastic is fun.

That's what I suspected looking at the numbers, but sometimes numbers aren't entirely accurate so I figured it would be worth asking those who have thrown either mold.

The Undertaker still interests me enough to try out sometime, though. Appreciate the insight.

The Undertaker still interests me enough to try out sometime, though. Appreciate the insight.

Its a fantastic mold. I like EagleXs, they used to be my primary fairway driver. I don't think you need an Undertaker and an Eagle in your bag. My Undertakers (First Run Z for overstable, X for general use, and D for relatively understable out of the box) have kicked Eagles out of the bag for now.

Undertakers a long fairway drivers or short distance drivers. They get a decent amount of love on this board... but still not enough!