• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Crappiest Thing to Ever Happen to You on the Course?

At the course where we had our weekly leagues last summer, my wife decided to push the stroller around while I played. As we were finishing up our round and everyone was headed back to the cars to tally up the scores and switch out bag tags, some freaking hood rats decided to get into a fight. All of the other hood rats were surrounding the fight taking pics and video's of it. That lead me to believe that it was just some a couple of idiots fighting, and that was it. Needless to say my wife was terrified that they were all going to start shooting because they were hood rats, and went into panic because she had our baby. All of the hood rats scattered when they heard the sirens coming, so no one was caught. Now my wife won't even set foot on that course. Thank you ghetto idiots for pushing my wife even farther away from disc golf. I'd like beat every one of those hood rats senseless now.... luck for them I'm not much of a fighter, lol :)

This on freaked me out and basically chased me away from Widefield Disc Golf course forever.

I was out playing with my wife and her friends, and we had the kids out playing. It was early spring last year, so the weather was a little cold and there weren't too many people out. The kids were throwing from the shorts, and me, my buddy and my wife's friends husband were throwing the longs. We got to hole 4, and the oldest girl in the group (14) just started screaming.

We come running and she's like sobbing, pointing at this thing on the ground. We get the kids away and go in for a look, and it looked like a little fetus. It was covered in viscous fluid, and we didn't want to touch it (obviously). We cordoned off the area and called the cops.

They showed up and it turns out it wasn't a REAL fetus, but like a training one or something from Planned Parenthood or whatever. it was foam, but it looked disturbingly real. The two oldest children knew what it was, but the worst part was explaining to three kids under the age of ten what it was. I tried to deflect it, but it was no use.

Worst...round...ever.

What. The. Hell.

In October I was playing Endicott with just me and my leashed dog.
There was a dude and his chow mix in the fairway on 13.
I left Murray on the bag hook and walk up to talk to the guy and let the dog sniff me.
After a few cordial words the dog suddenly bust through the break on his retractable leash and bites me square in the testicles. He said he was sorry and split. It was a nervous drive home.
Three punctures, only one was bad. I was lucky.

:eek: jeeeezuuus
that is the luckiest and unluckiest thing I've heard in a while, glad to hear it wasn't any worse.

At the course where we had our weekly leagues last summer, my wife decided to push the stroller around while I played. As we were finishing up our round and everyone was headed back to the cars to tally up the scores and switch out bag tags, some freaking hood rats decided to get into a fight. All of the other hood rats were surrounding the fight taking pics and video's of it. That lead me to believe that it was just some a couple of idiots fighting, and that was it. Needless to say my wife was terrified that they were all going to start shooting because they were hood rats, and went into panic because she had our baby. All of the hood rats scattered when they heard the sirens coming, so no one was caught. Now my wife won't even set foot on that course. Thank you ghetto idiots for pushing my wife even farther away from disc golf. I'd like beat every one of those hood rats senseless now.... luck for them I'm not much of a fighter, lol :)

Maybe you shouldn't disc in the hood.

Me and my buddy Doug were playing a casual round at Miller Park in Grinnell Iowa. There is a playground there that rarely gets used, but that day there was a family reunion or something at the park, so the playground was busy. We were being as careful as we could, but the basket for hole 3 is right in front of the playground (60-70ft or so). My drive hit a branch about 100ft out, so no danger there. We watched close as Doug set up his drive, and all seemed clear, but as soon as he let his drive go, some kid came busting out of the playground area, running directly at his disc, and of course, this is Doug's best drive of the round, and it is gliding for days. Drills the kid right in the shin (maybe 3 or 4 years old) and he collapses to the ground bawling his eyes out. Luckily the kid's dad came out and was really cool about the whole thing. Could have been a lot worse, but we both felt terrible the rest of the round for hitting a little kid.

This is how courses get pulled. Why the heck would you be throwing anywhere near a used playground. Agreed you are lucky the kid's dad was cool. I am hoping lesson learned is to just skip such holes. :doh:

It was my first year of playing disc golf back where i grew up in Grand Rapids Mi. I was playing a round with a group of friends on the old blue layout at Brewer. If anyone has played there you would understand the back up that always happens when playing that 9 holes.

Well get up to hole 4 down hill shot and three groups of four are all tied up because of a couple that were playing slow. The two start getting mad at each other because shes 300 lbs and wants to go home and does not want to walk up another hill to get to the car. 12 People are screaming at them to move on and let people play.

Well I had the tee pad and was told to just throw my shot. flick it down hill to the basket and what happens? I hit the Elephant square in the side. You have never seen so many drunk golfer run down the hill to protect a disc.

The rest of the day i was all happy about what happened. Bad thing is that was my favorite disc and it never did fly right again. :(

The crappiest thing ever is you threw on a twosome and nailed a girl?? WTF. Sounds like you are the crappiest thing to have happened on the course. It is not OK to hit anyone with a disc, even if they are slow. :wall:

stepped in dog **** twice, and got hit directly in the sternum off a 300 ft meakhook drive from another teepad. All in the same day. I left after hole 16 :thmbdown:

This thread makes me realize I've never really had anything "bad" happen to me on the disc golf course. Had a huge black bear amble up a fairway towards us at Highbridge, but that's about it. Everything else has been gravy.

Tough luck. I have lost a brand new disc on the first throw before. That was upsetting. If we're involving people in our stories, I start to think about the group of three that prompted me to play through during a solo round. They threw on me anyway and one dude nearly took my head off with his drive. Man, that burned my biscuits!

:thmbdown:

I got stuck playing in a group with an ex coke and meth head. Now I don't know if most of you have seen what drugs do long term to people, but they turn bi-polar, and for the most part are condescending aholes, that for some reason think that because they hit rock bottom and now have the capability to show you how to live your life the right way. Lol. Totally ruined my rounds. Don't do drugs, or you could become really annoying to the rest of society.

Great post. This is the worst and probably my hugest pet peeve. I was at a local 9'er and was playing single behind 2 guys who definitely fit the bill. They were also chuckers (in their mid-40's) and asked me for some tips. We play a few times around then someone tees off behind us. Keep in mind this is a small park with most holes around 200 feet. The tees are also not well spaced out from the baskets. On this particular hole the next tee is 30 feet left of the basket right on the Hyzer line.

So this tweeker makes a big deal about standing right there and not moving and the guy throws a drive headed right towards our group. Since we all watched him tee off there's really no need for a "fore" and he's only about 180 feet away as it is. I hear the tweeker mumble "he better not get near me or theres gonna be trouble"... I'm thinking WTF. So we start walking down our Fairway which is parallel to this guys and the tweeker says "Watch where the F you are throwing" quite rudely.

So the dude who threw who is about 15 years younger and 7 inches taller then this guy immediately throws his bag down and says "F You" and gets ready to fight. The tweeker starts backtracking on his words as quickly as he can "...well I just mean we need a 'fore' when you throw at us"

I went and picked up my disc and immediately left. This particular course is famous for its chuckers - I think I've been back 3x in the 3 years following that incident.

My mom was Blowing up my phone during a Del Sol doubles tournament in Charlotte about two years ago. I finally picked up the phone like 5 holes in and she told me one of my Best friends had died. That sucked pretty hard.

1. Washington park Indianapolis. Threw a pro boss on hole 12, ob left in road. As soon as it landed a kid on a bike picked it up and road off into the sunset. Didn't even have time to say anything. Bad neighborhood so just kind of laughed it off.
2. Lemon lake silver course not sure what hole. Left a disc a hole behind. Went back to get it. Was in a thorn bush, as I was getting out of bush I tripped on a stump. Needless to say the thorn bush wrapped around my leg and I ended up just ripping the bush off my leg. When I got up with my buddies my leg from the knee down looked and felt like I got attacked by a badger. Bled for an. Hour
3. Playing around and soft tossing a classic roc about 30 feet in a buddies yard his 4 year old daughter runs in front of him and smacked her in the forehead. It swelled up real quick. Looked like hasim Rahman after the holyfield fight. Horrible feeling.
4. Getting stung twice by yellow jackets. Those little guys hurt.

I've been very lucky compared to some of these stories.. sheesh! It's very hard for me to have a bad time playing disc golf... even when caught in nasty storms out on the course and getting bit by swarms of ants, stung by wasps, etc, etc.. My worst experience in DG isn't for any other reason than one particular disc that I lost a couple years ago.

Losing my first ever ace disc on a hole that I would have never expected to lose a disc and to this day find it baffling. This wasn't just any disc.. it just so happened to be a super gummy, beat to hell FR proto-star pink star destroyer 171g.

I made a few subsequent 45 minute trips to the course after work, spending hours just searching for this one disc. I was braving peak lightning storm season just to search for it and on one such trip, I got caught in a lightning storm and gave up searching and I remember raising my hands in the air in the pouring rain (like in the movie Shawshank Redemption, lol) and cursing the disc golf gods for stealing my disc! After that, I spoke to the other regulars at the course and placed a $200 bounty on the disc and to this day it still never turned up; going on 2 years ago now. Who knows, it might still be out there somewhere.

That disc was so beat in, it was nearly impossible to tell what kind of disc it was. top and bottom stamp/markings were all pretty much gone.. Only legible thing was my name/number and the notes I made regarding my first ever ace. It looked very ragged out, but it flew so nicely.. yet to find a destroyer that flies anything like that one.

I'm not a disc collector and at the time, I had no idea they were worth anything more than other star destroyers so I was shocked when I started trying to shop for exact replacements. I can't believe how rare and hoarded these discs had become as I couldn't find anything similar for under $60-80 on ebay. I'm not paying that kind of money unless it's THE one I lost with my ace writing on it or is damn near exact in color/weight etc... I wouldn't be buying to collect, but for THROWING!! I'll never understand what good a disc does sitting in a plastic bag tucked away in a bin that would take up space somewhere in my house and give my wife one more thing to complain about (based on what I've seen of my friends that collect discs).

I'd honestly rather get that disc back more than I'd like to hit a big tourney/league ace pot (I've hit 12 aces and not one for money yet).

I find a lot of discs that are unreturnable and usually give them away. I've scored about 10 discs in 2 years that, after throwing, have found a place in one bag or another... at least part time.

My first trip to Murrietta early last year, I found a new yellow Groove on hole one (yipee), no ink, and after asking around, ended up leaving it on tee pad 1 for whoever wanted that lemon.

My second trip there a couple of months later, I spotted a vague red circle of light shining half on the ground and half on a tree trunk next to the raveen and realized that there as a disc perfectly flat, head high, resting in one of the branches. The sun was directly overhead and if it weren't for that light, it was near invisible with leaves on all sides of it. I pulled out a red, 1st run CE Leo 9/10 with no ink.

I could only hope that it was lost at least a day or more prior and no one would claim it. I started asking around and no one responded in the positive except a group of guys half-joking around that couldn't identify even the color, much less the run. One hour and fifteen groups asked later, I head to my car after a decent round of play and the score of a lifetime disc.

As I'm putting my bag in my trunk, along comes a guy my age and asks if I'm the one asking around about a lost disc and I say yes. He gives me such a knowing smile that I didn't even have to ask him to describe what he lost. I asked when he lost it and he said the prior weekend but he's been coming back every day asking around... I just missed him on the course that day. I hand him the disc, he kisses it, gets in his car, and drives off.

Wow.

I got a fairly good one for this thread. Really the only bad thing that has ever happened to me on the course.

I vacation every year for the USDGC's. I go down for 8 to 9 days. so I go play warm up rounds at Winthrop and then usually donate to the purse threw the Monday qualifier. so at this point it is wed. and I have had enough of playing the monster that is Winthrop Gold. My buddies usually come down mid week to watch the tournament as well so they were due in the next day. all of my friends are either volunteering/working the USDGC's or playing in it which left me solo for the day. around 2 in the afternoon on a beautiful Wednesday afternoon I decided to get a round in at Boyd Hill just a few blocks down from Winthrop. I show up and a few people are on the course on various holes. So I get my round started. Boyd hill is fairly open for the most part but there are 3 or 4 holes in the back of the park that are wooded. I had thrown my drive on the last wooded hole and was walking down the fairway. I listen to music threw headphones when I play so I was a little oblivious to what was going on. all of a sudden I hear a commotion behind me. the next thing I know i was face down on the ground and 2 dudes are holding me there. one guy pulls out a knife puts it to the back of my neck. I immediately tell him that my wallet is in my bag and my I-pod is in my back pocket. which was basically everything I had of value in my possession. his response was "your talking to loud man, your talking to loud" so I whisper my wallet is in my bag my I-pod is in my back pocket. after what seemed like a lot longer than it probably was and the other kid had a chance to find my wallet and discover that there was no money in it they jump up and bolt down the fairway, through the park and into the neighborhood at the top of the hill adjacent to the park. I take off after them really not thinking about anything other than seeing red. I didn't really come out of my rage until I was in some stranger's back yard in the middle of the ghetto. I wised up made my way back to my bag collected my things and started back to my car.

I made a call to the police while making my way to my car and they met me in the parking lot by the time I arrived at the parking lot which was only about 500 yards from the hole I was playing. so they got there fast. apparently unbeknownst to me the Projects are on one side of the park and the ghetto is on the other side. so hood rats are traversing the park quite often and the cops patrol the area regularly. Chasing after the muggers actually did me some good. I got a really good look at the dudes. the dude with the knife to my neck had afro puffs for a hair cut and was wearing faded jeans and a white ghetto gown. so I am giving my statement to the cops and they send out the description of the guys. while I am still in the process of talking with the cops the call comes over the radio....white shirt black I-pod....yeah we got him. so the cops put me in a car we drive 2 blocks down the road and come around a corner and there is the entire Rock Hill Police force in a cul-de-sac with Mr. afro Puff in cuffs. the cop asks me to identify him and it was most def. the purp. The policeman who has him in cuffs holds up the knife this jacka$$ jacked me with. it was a novelty knife complete with chrome blade, hand guard with spikes and curved blade. looked like something out of an 80's sci-fi movie. I was wondering why the thing was not cutting me when he was sticking it into my neck.

Willie got 3 years for the robbery. I think he got out 2 years ago. I keep my eye out for him every year when I am in Rock Hill.

I will expound on it next week but it is time to clock out and go play Buckhorn. have a good weekend dudes.

Willie got 3 years for the robbery. I think he got out 2 years ago. I keep my eye out for him every year when I am in Rock Hill.

Best part of the story LMAO. One of the reasons I also rarely wear headphones when I am in unfamiliar surroundings.

technically didn't happen to me, but this was my worst 'on the course experience':

A few years ago I was playing a round alone, with my dog. At the time she was about 3 or 4 years old. As I'm walking up the fairway on the farthest hole from the parking lot, I hear a yelp come from the sumacs off of the fairway. My dog comes hobbling onto the fairway so I start looking at her thinking she stepped on something. I can't see anything on her legs or paws, but then i see it. An 8" gash along her stomach, skin hanging open, but no blood. I ended up carrying my 50 lb black lab about a kilometre back to my car,then straight to the animal ER. She got stitches and the overnight bill was over $500. The vet said she was lucky it was only her skin/fat that was cut; another 1/4" deep and she wouldn't have made it back to the car.

Moral of the story - be very careful in Sumac's; deer eat the nummy ends off the branches and turn them into razor sharp spears.

I got a fairly good one for this thread. Really the only bad thing that has ever happened to me on the course.

I vacation every year for the USDGC's. I go down for 8 to 9 days. so I go play warm up rounds at Winthrop and then usually donate to the purse threw the Monday qualifier. so at this point it is wed. and I have had enough of playing the monster that is Winthrop Gold. My buddies usually come down mid week to watch the tournament as well so they were due in the next day. all of my friends are either volunteering/working the USDGC's or playing in it which left me solo for the day. around 2 in the afternoon on a beautiful Wednesday afternoon I decided to get a round in at Boyd Hill just a few blocks down from Winthrop. I show up and a few people are on the course on various holes. So I get my round started. Boyd hill is fairly open for the most part but there are 3 or 4 holes in the back of the park that are wooded. I had thrown my drive on the last wooded hole and was walking down the fairway. I listen to music threw headphones when I play so I was a little oblivious to what was going on. all of a sudden I hear a commotion behind me. the next thing I know i was face down on the ground and 2 dudes are holding me there. one guy pulls out a knife puts it to the back of my neck. I immediately tell him that my wallet is in my bag and my I-pod is in my back pocket. which was basically everything I had of value in my possession. his response was "your talking to loud man, your talking to loud" so I whisper my wallet is in my bag my I-pod is in my back pocket. after what seemed like a lot longer than it probably was and the other kid had a chance to find my wallet and discover that there was no money in it they jump up and bolt down the fairway, through the park and into the neighborhood... Continue reading.

Wow, my first time at USDGC I had some free time and also went to play Boyd Hill. I actually circled around the park before going in because I had problems finding the entrance so I could tell it wasn't the best neighborhood. I was playing alone and left just around sunset. The park was completely empty except for one kid playing by the basketball hoops. I was a little worried as it got darker but not enough to leave early. That's a crazy story. It was a fun course but not fun enough to risk what you went through.

Latest posts