• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Crappiest Thing to Ever Happen to You on the Course?

Arboretum has had a problem for years...
I hope that course isn't Glenwood. I play a course with my brother and his son that is in an arboretum. Park used to be home to drug dealers and gangsters and the disc golf course did little to run them off.

Worst day was only 2 yellow jacket stings ...but then learning that I'm allergic to bees. I wouldn't die, but the hives, itching, and very anxious feelings sucked. After driving home, used my wife's epi pen. Epi pens work great and now I always have one in the bag!

Back in October I was playing a round in northern VT with a few friends and one guy managed to splash his new destroyer into the lake next to one of the fairways. Luckily it landed with an air bubble trapped under the rim so it was floating on the surface about 50' from shore. Even more lucky, there was a kayaker nearby who saw the whole thing and promptly paddled over to retrieve the disc. I think he had no disc-in-water experience and didn't realize the precariousness of the floating disc. He tried to pull it toward him with the paddle, but managed to only lose the air bubble and sink the disc in 20+' of water.

Reminds me of one of my worst experiences. BG Ams 3 years ago - hole 5 at Phil Moore is a relatively short hole with a steep drop-off immediately behind the pin going down into a river. Already having a bad round partly because I was on a card with this uber-annoying dude who never shut up, so when I threw my tee shot a bit long on #5 this guy has to tell me how good he threw it, what disc I should have thrown, etc.

So, get to the drop-off and was relieved to see my disc (my crucial go-to straight midrange) in the water gamely holding onto a rock just a couple of feet from the edge as the current rushed by. Before I can go down to get it, Mr. A$$hat runs down the slope with a stick in hand saying "I'll get it!". You know what happens next - he pokes at it randomly rather than reaching out to get it and my beloved disc loses its grip on the rock and disappears into the river.

Since he knows everything about everything, he proceeds to tell me he will come back after the round and get it for me, since he somehow can see through the murky water and swears he knows right where it is. Yeah, right. He did go back, spent about 15 seconds staring at the water, and decides he can't find it.

Not surprisingly, that was my worst rated tournament round ever. Between losing an important disc, the OB stroke (one of the five I had that round), and having to endure this goofball for three hours I didn't stand a chance...

Was the disc OB on the shot, or after he poked it away? I wonder what the ruling would be on a lost disc is somebody else caused it...

That's not a lost disc, just OB. If you have reasonable evidence that a disc entered an OB area (and I think seeing the disc there would qualify) you can treat it as an OB shot.

My dog got attacked by another dog and was almost killed. Had to get surgery and luckily made it. The guy just walked off like a coward and left! I found him and confronted him and asked him to help pay the vet bill but he was a complete a**hole and wouldnt do anything. He wouldnt even apologize and then proceeded to give me advice on dog fights. Could you find a bigger loser on the disc golf course??

My answer is the same now that you brought back the memories. Well, minus the ******* - I hadn't seen the signs yet "no dogs allowed, the local dogs are trained to protect the goats, they will kill anything thought to be a threat" or something along those lines. My previous time there (HCR) prior to any no dog rules, we had a dog in our group and had no issues. I let Forest out of the car and immediately he was challenged by one of the dogs, he raised his lip, the other dog grabbed him by the head and wouldn't let go - I kicked him a few times and got him to let go and got Forest back in the van. He had a couple open wounds and a sloshy pool of blood under the skin on the back of his neck. He recovered and survived, scared the crap out of us both.

My dog got attacked by another dog and was almost killed. Had to get surgery and luckily made it. The guy just walked off like a coward and left! I found him and confronted him and asked him to help pay the vet bill but he was a complete a**hole and wouldnt do anything. He wouldnt even apologize and then proceeded to give me advice on dog fights. Could you find a bigger loser on the disc golf course??

That is awful man, I'm sorry for you. It makes me mad.

crappy or great you make the call

It was my first year of playing disc golf back where i grew up in Grand Rapids Mi. I was playing a round with a group of friends on the old blue layout at Brewer. If anyone has played there you would understand the back up that always happens when playing that 9 holes.

Well get up to hole 4 down hill shot and three groups of four are all tied up because of a couple that were playing slow. The two start getting mad at each other because shes 300 lbs and wants to go home and does not want to walk up another hill to get to the car. 12 People are screaming at them to move on and let people play.

Well I had the tee pad and was told to just throw my shot. flick it down hill to the basket and what happens? I hit the Elephant square in the side. You have never seen so many drunk golfer run down the hill to protect a disc.

The rest of the day i was all happy about what happened. Bad thing is that was my favorite disc and it never did fly right again. :(

1. Hyzer bomb tombstoned into a fresh pile of dog doo.
2. Drinking(not water) in the hot sun and getting a headache.
3. Went for a solo round and two middle school or low high school girls ask if I'm playing by myself. I say yeah and they say "that's like really sad"

In October I was playing Endicott with just me and my leashed dog.
There was a dude and his chow mix in the fairway on 13.
I left Murray on the bag hook and walk up to talk to the guy and let the dog sniff me.
After a few cordial words the dog suddenly bust through the break on his retractable leash and bites me square in the testicles. He said he was sorry and split. It was a nervous drive home.
Three punctures, only one was bad. I was lucky.

1. Hyzer bomb tombstoned into a fresh pile of dog doo.
2. Drinking(not water) in the hot sun and getting a headache.
3. Went for a solo round and two middle school or low high school girls ask if I'm playing by myself. I say yeah and they say "that's like really sad"

You don't sound bogey-free at all. That's 3 right there. :D

Me and my buddy Doug were playing a casual round at Miller Park in Grinnell Iowa. There is a playground there that rarely gets used, but that day there was a family reunion or something at the park, so the playground was busy. We were being as careful as we could, but the basket for hole 3 is right in front of the playground (60-70ft or so). My drive hit a branch about 100ft out, so no danger there. We watched close as Doug set up his drive, and all seemed clear, but as soon as he let his drive go, some kid came busting out of the playground area, running directly at his disc, and of course, this is Doug's best drive of the round, and it is gliding for days. Drills the kid right in the shin (maybe 3 or 4 years old) and he collapses to the ground bawling his eyes out. Luckily the kid's dad came out and was really cool about the whole thing. Could have been a lot worse, but we both felt terrible the rest of the round for hitting a little kid.

In October I was playing Endicott with just me and my leashed dog.
There was a dude and his chow mix in the fairway on 13.
I left Murray on the bag hook and walk up to talk to the guy and let the dog sniff me.
After a few cordial words the dog suddenly bust through the break on his retractable leash and bites me square in the testicles. He said he was sorry and split. It was a nervous drive home.
Three punctures, only one was bad. I was lucky.
:eek:

This on freaked me out and basically chased me away from Widefield Disc Golf course forever.

I was out playing with my wife and her friends, and we had the kids out playing. It was early spring last year, so the weather was a little cold and there weren't too many people out. The kids were throwing from the shorts, and me, my buddy and my wife's friends husband were throwing the longs. We got to hole 4, and the oldest girl in the group (14) just started screaming.

We come running and she's like sobbing, pointing at this thing on the ground. We get the kids away and go in for a look, and it looked like a little fetus. It was covered in viscous fluid, and we didn't want to touch it (obviously). We cordoned off the area and called the cops.

They showed up and it turns out it wasn't a REAL fetus, but like a training one or something from Planned Parenthood or whatever. it was foam, but it looked disturbingly real. The two oldest children knew what it was, but the worst part was explaining to three kids under the age of ten what it was. I tried to deflect it, but it was no use.

Worst...round...ever.

This on freaked me out and basically chased me away from Widefield Disc Golf course forever.

I was out playing with my wife and her friends, and we had the kids out playing. It was early spring last year, so the weather was a little cold and there weren't too many people out. The kids were throwing from the shorts, and me, my buddy and my wife's friends husband were throwing the longs. We got to hole 4, and the oldest girl in the group (14) just started screaming.

We come running and she's like sobbing, pointing at this thing on the ground. We get the kids away and go in for a look, and it looked like a little fetus. It was covered in viscous fluid, and we didn't want to touch it (obviously). We cordoned off the area and called the cops.

They showed up and it turns out it wasn't a REAL fetus, but like a training one or something from Planned Parenthood or whatever. it was foam, but it looked disturbingly real. The two oldest children knew what it was, but the worst part was explaining to three kids under the age of ten what it was. I tried to deflect it, but it was no use.

Worst...round...ever.

Holy wow.

Latest posts