• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DD branded shoes

SteezeOG

Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi
I heard about these a good while back when I was talking to Rusco about some upcoming discs and bags they had and what the GBO was going to be like for 2014. At that time he had hoped these would be included in the player pack but last I heard they won't be ready for that. I didn't post any of this because I respect him and his right to release his own business info when he wants.

Now that the Emporia Main Street facebook page has posted this image though I believe it's safe to say we can begin talking about it. I'm simply going to post the image and leave my opinions on the product until I can check them out in person. I have no info on materials or what company might have made them. I have a very general idea of price point but that was months ago and I wouldn't want to pass on info that is outdated and incorrect.

biuyqq.png

I always thought that Dynamic Discs could end up being the DC Shoe Co. of disc golf and it looks like they are turning out that way.

I always thought that Dynamic Discs could end up being the DC Shoe Co. of disc golf and it looks like they are turning out that way.

That's just the casual shoe. I'm uploading the disc shoe pic but google drive is being not cooperative.

Here's the disc shoe image. I love the look of these.

708408.png

I kind of wish the casual had less white and less breather holes but they look comfy and I know when him and I talked he wanted something quality but at a price point that is lower than you have to pay now for good shoes. I think these will be a hit and even if not at first they always listen to feedback and adapt. So eventually yeah.

Last edited:
Meh, the casual shoes are a bit to "Chunky white shoes and fresh flat-bill hat with the sticker still attached, maybe an Affliction or UFC shirt," kind of vibe to me.

The disc specific shoes look like they were made exclusively for Pay Less.

I like the idea, but if Keen had a hard time keeping a disc specific shoe line going, it's probably pretty hard to achieve.

lol I like the payless comment. I don't know how you could get an idea of quality yet but opinions are great when they differ. I can't really form an opinion yet because I haven't felt and looked at them.

DD won't need to sustain them. They aren't a shoe company trying to supply a line of specialty shoes that don't sell a lot of numbers. They are a disc golf retailer filling a need for disc golfers with their own branded line. Like the bags. I imagine they will sell great actually. If they don't perform at first and need tweaked they'll take steps to do that. Also just like the bag line. That's kind of the thing about being a big disc retailer you can slowly expand your line of products in that same niche sport. It's good business thinking. I don't care for skate style casual shoes though but if they make some blacked out with green accents I'll get a pair if they are priced right. I am about ready to throw the New Balance in the trash anyway. Disc golf shoes I won't need for another year maybe. Still breaking in the Cushe I bought a few months back.

Considering their bags are a joint venture with Ogio, is there any word on if they're following the same path with these and an established shoe manufacturer? If so, does anybody know who it is?

Considering their bags are a joint venture with Ogio, is there any word on if they're following the same path with these and an established shoe manufacturer? If so, does anybody know who it is?

They are being made by a shoe manufacturer. The one I thought it might have been is not likely the case. I have two in mind now but nothing confirmed so best to wait on that.

The DD players I just talked to had no clue on these

lol well sometimes you got to be a nuisance and ask the right questions. I was surprised to hear they had been posted on the emporia main street facebook. I follow it because I know a lot of the people who are a part of it but I was still keeping quiet about the shoe line because I knew they weren't going to be ready for a while. I didn't know there was going to be a casual line until today.

These are likely to be fairly early protos also. Might be some changes before release. I do think it's cool they will have a few color combos. The middle disc golf shoe with the blue/gray and bright green are something I would be interested in.

The casual shoes have the word "skate" molded into the shoe sole. You can see in the pic if you look closely. Should have the word "disc" or a dd logo

The casual shoes have the word "skate" molded into the shoe sole. You can see in the pic if you look closely. Should have the word "disc" or a dd logo

Yeah they won't be released with the word skate on them. Early protos. They do their diligence with the ogio bags and I'm sure these. I knew the 4th bag that will be released later this year is tweaked quite a bit from the original ogio design and it's going to be sweet. I can't wait. I already got a sniper but that was given in the GBO player pack. I use a grip so never needed to buy a ranger or commander but the next one I will be buying. Fits a need for me. These shoes won't be released until they are ready I imagine.

I wonder if the DG line will be waterproof/gore-tex. They look sweet, but I doubt they'll be ready within the next few months when I need to get new shoes. I'm excited to see these in detail in the future though!

I wonder if the DG line will be waterproof/gore-tex. They look sweet, but I doubt they'll be ready within the next few months when I need to get new shoes. I'm excited to see these in detail in the future though!

Can't say for sure on the goretex but I know I talked to him about waterproofing so I imagine the disc golf line will be waterproofed. Won't be in the next few months but I don't know exactly. Sometime after the first week in May. Hopefully before the end of summer.

Shoes are very expensive to make.

They are obviously working with an already established manufacturer.

Just making a new sole mold can cost upwards of $10,000.

Latest posts