• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DD branded shoes

DD can "talk the talk" but can their shoes "walk the walk"

I'll be here all night. :|

I had no clue these were coming. I hope they are Merrell based. I have tried Keen, Salomon, and Merrell, and I buy Merrell now.

Shoes are very expensive to make.

They are obviously working with an already established manufacturer.

Just making a new sole mold can cost upwards of $10,000.

For that reason the skate or skater might be something that stays but I have to think it might be something that is changed for production runs but you're absolutely correct. To start a new shoe line or your own would require a big labor force and equipment that no disc retailer has so these are made by another company with changes just like ogio and the bags.

I had no clue these were coming. I hope they are Merrell based. I have tried Keen, Salomon, and Merrell, and I buy Merrell now.

Few did apparently. I had to work a little extra hard to keep quiet. Never used Keens but a friend I play with loves his. I only hear bad things around this forum. Love Merrells and might go back to Merrells but they wear on me after a year of hard use which is ok but at that price it kind of sucks. If you find them on sale it's great. Never tried Salomons for DG. I know people like them.

I don't believe any of those companies had a part in these but I could be completely wrong I don't know who specifically did them. Just one good guess and maybe one more that is close. I don't believe they are Vibram soles for obvious reasons but I know they will be similar because I specifically asked if they would be like Vibram soles months back. They do have a similar look to some of the Merrells so it's possible I just don't think likely. If you look at the green color of the middle one you might get an idea of who I'm thinking. I've only seen one shoe manufacturer with that color on their trail shoes. I'm not trying to be a cryptic I just don't want to speculate without knowing and be completely wrong.

So they'll be the first company with a line of discs, bags, and shoes? :D

I appreciate that they outsource to people who know what they're doing. And so much of the "mom plz drive me to the mall" styled products don't appeal to me, but DG needs a DD. I'm sure their execution on this sort of thing is as good as you'd find in this backwards industry.

tl; dr: Kudos

If your post was too long for the average DGCR user to read, then we're on a doomed planet, Zam. :|

So they'll be the first company with a line of discs, bags, and shoes? :D

I appreciate that they outsource to people who know what they're doing. And so much of the "mom plz drive me to the mall" styled products don't appeal to me, but DG needs a DD. I'm sure their execution on this sort of thing is as good as you'd find in this backwards industry.

tl; dr: Kudos

I agree. Every sport trying to grow needs at least one big company that says ok let's take this big and get brand recognition out there to the masses. I appreciate they do it with a focus on quality and customer service because everyone knows not every company is like that. I know Rusco is the kind of guy to lead that charge too. If he wasn't I wouldn't back him or DD. Emporia company or not.

I just realized I put this in bags when I meant to put it in other gear forum. Oh well. Someone can move it if it's important.

Yeah they won't be released with the word skate on them. Early protos. They do their diligence with the ogio bags and I'm sure these. I knew the 4th bag that will be released later this year is tweaked quite a bit from the original ogio design and it's going to be sweet. I can't wait. I already got a sniper but that was given in the GBO player pack. I use a grip so never needed to buy a ranger or commander but the next one I will be buying. Fits a need for me. These shoes won't be released until they are ready I imagine.

Can tell us more about this 4th bag.

Almost every one of your posts in this thread contains speculation.

No not really but thanks for your comment.

Saying I think they will sell well or this or that is my opinion and not speculation to me. The bags sell well. Their discs have been selling well. These probably will too.

Speculate means to say without firm evidence. Everything I said that was specific I have pretty firm evidence of because it came from the mouth of the owner of DD. Anything I had little to no evidence on I didn't say specifics. Like I could have said the price point that isn't firm and been wrong. Or the manufacturer that I'm not certain on and been wrong. Get what I'm saying? You're free to think as you wish though.

Last edited:
Can tell us more about this 4th bag.

Yeah I think that's fine they have the original ogio one up on the shelf at the store so I don't think it's a state secret that will get me in Guantanamo Bay. I'll copy and paste a PM response. I was told the price point is around $45 which is awesome when you see it and how good of a bag that is for the cost.

"This fourth one is like 2/3 of a commander but way better layout. It's going to have dual drink holders big enough for 32 oz nalgene style bottles like I use. Disc storage in the 12-15 range with a tri divider system like the u channel. Two zippable side storage pockets along side the drink holders and the putter pocket on the front not the side. It's going to work with their straps or any quad style straps."

Well as long as it's not hideous I guess i'm going to have to get another bag. I just got a grip but this sounds awesome.

I don't like hiking shoes for disc golf, because they have too much grip for a pivot. Those casual shoes look like a cheap ripoff of etnies. But there's always someone who is going to buy anything. More power to them.

Yeah I think that's fine they have the original ogio one up on the shelf at the store so I don't think it's a state secret that will get me in Guantanamo Bay. I'll copy and paste a PM response. I was told the price point is around $45 which is awesome when you see it and how good of a bag that is for the cost.

"This fourth one is like 2/3 of a commander but way better layout. It's going to have dual drink holders big enough for 32 oz nalgene style bottles like I use. Disc storage in the 12-15 range with a tri divider system like the u channel. Two zippable side storage pockets along side the drink holders and the putter pocket on the front not the side. It's going to work with their straps or any quad style straps."

sounds like a crunch box karma hybrid?

sounds like a crunch box karma hybrid?

It's pretty similar in size. Really peaked my interest with the layout of it. I like dual water holders and the divider. The price is right too it's barely more expensive than the Sniper bag. I'm going to get one and make it my summer bag. No idea what the 5th bag that is supposed to be released in 2014 is. It's probably going to be more around next winter.