• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] DD Mystery Box Reveal

Do you feel like the mystery box was worth it?

• I ordered multiples.

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • I used my voucher to buy another one.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I would definitely buy another one.

Votes: 48 42.9%
  • It was cool but I probably won't do it again.

Votes: 23 20.5%
  • I wasn't impressed.

Votes: 30 26.8%

• Total voters
I got 11 in mine, but I only got one sticker one coozie and one mini. Pretty much everyone's stuff balances out, other than the few lucky people who really got gems from them that are worth $$$. I got a protostar, and 4-5 really nice throwers that will make my friends really happy, was hoping for a bit more but I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

But if someone does talk to DD and you get something badass, let me know and I might calculate mine up and see if it gets to $200.

So it seems the $50 one was the way to go. People who got the $50 box got between 6 and 9 discs, $100 box got between 9 and 12 discs. and the $150 box got between 13 and 16 discs. I understand some discs are worth more than others. It just seems to me that if you got 2 $50 boxes you could get up to 18 discs where as people who got the $150 box only got between 13 and 16. So you would have been better of doing that and saving $50. The people who bucked up and got anything more than the $50 box got hosed in this clean out the warehouse deal. I wasn't happy with my box and its my right as a consumer to be upset when a company falls through on it guarantee.

lol a lesson that should be common sense:

dont by MYSTERY box's if ur gonna gripe about what u got even if it was "guaranteed", theyre called a mystery for a reason.

if u people wanted to get $300 worth of plastic,you should have bought $300 worth of plastic. im starting to think dd got their idea for mystery box's when people on here were buying up and selling mystery box's of their own.

I got 15 discs (no voucher or stickers or koozies) for my $100. Mine was pretty almost hand picked though.

and i sold 4 discs for $60 within 10 minutes of having these so im fine with it.

prototype avenger
barstamp challenger x2
esp nebula
esp sparkle nuke (grey)
cryztal flx nuke
first run z nuke
first run color shift esp nuke
midnight drone
cryztal flx drone
cryztal buzzz
z buzzz (best feeling buzzz ever)
esp buzzz (this was actually a trophy for winning a tourney though)
z wasp
star wraith (cool dye i liked)

I agree with the 50 clam box was the way to go...that certainly seems to be the case. I got the 100 clam box and was not disappointed a bit. Can I use all of them? No. But then it was a "mystery" box. The mystery was just part of the fun. It was just fun to see what came in it. I have been able to trade away all but one of the discs I can't use for ones I like and want. That was fun as well. Will I do it again? Maybe...depends on the situation at the time. I certainly was not put off by what I got, though. I got a mystery and a fun diversion. Exactly what I paid for.

I think some of the people in this thread are forgetting that the mystery itself is a $50 value...and then there is the box

I got 15 discs (no voucher or stickers or koozies) for my $100. Mine was pretty almost hand picked though.

and i sold 4 discs for $60 within 10 minutes of having these so im fine with it.

prototype avenger
barstamp challenger x2
esp nebula
esp sparkle nuke (grey)
cryztal flx nuke
first run z nuke
midnight drone
cryztal flx drone
cryztal buzzz
z wasp

sounds like you got my box and i got someone elses lol. I got the $75 and got right at about what i would consider $100 in plastic. I was kinda middle of the road on it but like I said, I think there was some confusion due to the fact that I didnt go thru the website directly because I was buying multiple other things from them via ebay and the site and all. Id maybe do it again if it were the only thing I were buying but all in all Im not gonna complain. It did give me a couple things to use for the Secret Santa exchange.

I just got mine and I'm pumped!
174 tourney gazelle
177 black Z drone SE
174 DD stamped soft Wizard
Crosslap Credo (weird German mid)
175 glow boss
175 glow fb
177 vector
176 clear vector
177 soft ion
2 stickers
2 patches
10$ voucher

Still don't understand what part of guaranteed to be worth double some of you don't understand, but of course haters gonna hate and make excuses just to troll. As for me, I'm done here. DD is making things right with me and admitted that they screwed up my box big time. And for all the trolls out there come buy something from me and I'll make you a guarantee and give you half of it!

sounds like you got my box and i got someone elses lol. I got the $75 and got right at about what i would consider $100 in plastic. I was kinda middle of the road on it but like I said, I think there was some confusion due to the fact that I didnt go thru the website directly because I was buying multiple other things from them via ebay and the site and all. Id maybe do it again if it were the only thing I were buying but all in all Im not gonna complain. It did give me a couple things to use for the Secret Santa exchange.

well no, i didnt go through the site either. but i was fortunate enough to get mine in person, though I waited a little too long to get one, so to quote them "We dont really have any cool stuff anymore" So I made due.

sounds like it was more of first come first serve, the ones who jumped on the deal got closer to double their moneys worth or close to it while those who waited, even a few days, got the short end of the stick imo

sounds like it was more of first come first serve, the ones who jumped on the deal got closer to double their moneys worth or close to it while those who waited, even a few days, got the short end of the stick imo

This is what seems to be happening, yeah. I think it's pretty unfair though, especially since they paid the same amount for the same product. All the values should be the same, give or take 5%.

waiting...

Box arrived today, but I'm holding the surprise for ~3 weeks. I'll open it on the 24th or 25th. I had to have been one of the last orders, and mine was $100. I hope I was one of the luckier ones, though it sounds like folks here toward the end of the line were less satisfied. I'll report back if I remember.

Ok, so here is a better picture of everything
http://i.imgur.com/Sa5eM.jpg

So, from left to right, then top to bottom....Top left then top right etc.
All were over 174
Crosslap Credo (will trade)
Orange Vector
Glow Boss (will trade)
Soft Ion
Glow Firebird
Blueish no stamp vector
Tourney Stamped Gazelle (will trade)
DD stamped Soft Wizard (will trade)
Special Black Z Drone

Id be down to trade the boss, credo, gazelle and wizard. PM if you are interested!

Last edited:
My Benjamin Box

discs2.jpg

discs1.jpg

Photo 1:
145-150g pro-D Nuke
174g Soft Wizard - DD Stamp
170g ESP Nebula - I think half of the people in the thread have this disc
170-172g Buzzz - Frontier Open - I think the other half of the people in the thread have this disc
175-176g DGA Squall
173-174g DGA Shockwave - 2007 Players Cup Stamp

Photo 2:
173g LE Cryztal FLX Challenger - No DD Stamp
175g Cryztal Z Buzzz SS Limited Edition - DD Stamp
172g x2 - 1994 PDGA national doubles championships stamp
175g Glow Boss - Showdown at the Lodge 2011 Stamp
Need help on the bottom 2:
175g Pro - Dyed over an erased "Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Capital Region" stamp.. No ink on the bottom other than a faint 175..
175g Pro 6th annual (2008) Glass Blown Open - Overstamped - Marker on Bottom says "175 PO3" or something similar..

Overall, I'm more than satisfied; quantity was relatively important to me. In related news, I guess I'll finally be throwing a nuke soon! As I was anal-retentively pricing these on the DD site, I noticed that they have neither of the DGA discs listed.

Any help on the last two discs is appreciated!

prototype avenger
barstamp challenger x2
esp nebula
esp sparkle nuke (grey)
cryztal flx nuke
first run z nuke
midnight drone
cryztal flx drone
cryztal buzzz
z wasp

That is way better than mine and I got the 150.