• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA Breaker!

If the Rhyno was a midrange instead of a putter, it would be the Breaker.

Yeah, I might not go that far. But I do see the Breaker as a shallower, and therefore slightly faster, Rhyno. Not quite midrange fast though. I guess it's kind of a tweener. Flight is about halfway between a champ rhyno and a zone. OS for sure, can handle my torque-ey sidearm.

The one I'm using is a Worlds stamp orange P line. I like how firm the plastic is. Doesn't wobble at all in your hand.

i have to say i'm diggin' it as well. it felt slick at first in my hand, but now that i've used it a bit more there is some tack to it which i like. kind of a weird combo feel of dx and star. i can't compare it to other discs since my experience is limited, but essentially use it as mentioned by others - shorter mid shots/drives and approaches, and it actually gets some good skips around obstacles too!

been using the ringer a lot more lately, but both of mine are beating in so quick they're getting understable.

>>anyone think that there is a space for the breaker in between a beat ringer and my cryztal z zone? our local courses are pretty short and rocky, the utility approach shot gets used ALL the time. good spot to dial in the bag.

been using the ringer a lot more lately, but both of mine are beating in so quick they're getting understable.

>>anyone think that there is a space for the breaker in between a beat ringer and my cryztal z zone? our local courses are pretty short and rocky, the utility approach shot gets used ALL the time. good spot to dial in the bag.

I don't know much about the Ringer, but I can tell you the Breaker is an OS disc, but not nearly as OS as a Zone. It's also as long, if not slightly longer, than a Zone if you're throwing it off the tee or for those longer approaches.

Don't know how familiar you are with Innova, but I could compare (in flight, not in feel or speed or any of that) Zone to Breaker as a Pig to Rhyno.

I carry a lot of putters, but here's my set-up in that department:

3 Wizards-Eraser for upshots, Medium and Soft for putting
Jokeri-Driving
Breaker-Short mid-range shots, long approaches, off the tee when it needs to be lower in height than my Jokeri

So if I can make all those OS putters fit in the bag, I'm sure a Breaker will work out for you as well. Love it.

The Breaker is more or less a Ringer clone [in premium plastic].

The Ringer is only 1mm taller than a Breaker and its rim is also only wider/bulkier than the Breaker as well. Inside rim diameter is 2mm off from the +1mm rim width, but if you fondled both in your hands I doubt you could tell much if any of a difference.

There is certainly room for the three IMO. Zone/Breaker will be more similar in flight than the Ringer/Breaker due to the plastic types.

Zone will be more Firebird-y, while the Breaker will seem more Banshee-ish. Rough analogy, don't everyone get their panties in a bunch:)

just get a ringer they are so close in shape i can't tell the difference.

I know they are, but I made that mistake with the Magnet/Titanic and would rather just keep it simple. Thanks though!

i use mine on pretty much any shot under 280 that needs to go left at the very end, for hyzer spikes, following the disc's natural fade, or for flex approaches/skip shots. pretty much a "disc x for hole and shot y" type thing. always know where i'm going to use it.

so far i'm lovin' it.

I have been looking for a good driving putter that can handle some wind. I gave the Breaker a shot with some other popular molds over the last few days. Breaker, Ringer, Suspect, Rhyno, and the Zone. I already throw a Zone. I just want something with a touch less fade. I threw it with the others so I would have a good understanding of how much fade and resistance to turning they have. Throwing in 10-20 mph swirling wind.
Compared to the Breaker-
Ringer- Same distance - slight turn into the wind.
Rhyno- Shorter. Same amount of fade.
Suspect- Longer. Less fade.
Zone- Shorter. More fade.

Looking forward to throwing it some more. Of the 5, I liked the Breaker the most. Easy to throw. I had consistent shots all day with it. I'm thinking that a broke in Breaker will start to fly like the Ringers. That I can live with. The Suspect is a nice disc. I just think its a bit long for what I wanted. It is a true Mid range. The Rhyno was very consistent. The rim was not nearly as comfortable as the Breaker though.
Anyways, my thoughts on the Breaker. Nice disc from DGA. :clap:

I have been looking for a good driving putter that can handle some wind. I gave the Breaker a shot with some other popular molds over the last few days. Breaker, Ringer, Suspect, Rhyno, and the Zone. I already throw a Zone. I just want something with a touch less fade. I threw it with the others so I would have a good understanding of how much fade and resistance to turning they have. Throwing in 10-20 mph swirling wind.
Compared to the Breaker-
Ringer- Same distance - slight turn into the wind.
Rhyno- Shorter. Same amount of fade.
Suspect- Longer. Less fade.
Zone- Shorter. More fade.

Looking forward to throwing it some more. Of the 5, I liked the Breaker the most. Easy to throw. I had consistent shots all day with it. I'm thinking that a broke in Breaker will start to fly like the Ringers. That I can live with. The Suspect is a nice disc. I just think its a bit long for what I wanted. It is a true Mid range. The Rhyno was very consistent. The rim was not nearly as comfortable as the Breaker though.
Anyways, my thoughts on the Breaker. Nice disc from DGA. :clap:

I know this is a Breaker thread but try the Prodiscus JOKERi. That said, the Breaker was a fantastic disc, the little I've thrown it.

agreed. in addition to driving/utility duties, i'm starting to consider actually putting with mine since it's so low profile. feel like i get more control and better release, little more spin since i can hold on longer to the disc and still get my fingers out of the way of the rim for a better spush putt.

^yeah, also what he said.

i b***slapped my buddy because he lost mine after i expressly told him that i was letting him BORROW it for a couple weeks.

i might just buy another one in basic plastic for putting instead of using the breaker, but we'll see.

I know this is a Breaker thread but try the Prodiscus JOKERi. That said, the Breaker was a fantastic disc, the little I've thrown it.

I will give that a shot. Prodiscus JOKERi is one I wanted to try.
The Breaker is so thin. True flat top. Unlike anything I have thrown before. It just slices through the wind. Putting with it was awkward to say the least. In an effort to minimize the amount of molds I carry, I would like to use it as a main putter. It just isn't going to happen. Stable / Over stable - short driver and approach is where this disc excels. SP Breaker would be nice when available.

putting with it was awkward? for me it works a little different; i love a disc to be as flat as possible for putting. makes it easier for me to tuck my index finger; i feel like i can throw it forward with more finger spring and less wobble, which i have problems with sometimes. feels like i'm throwing a dinner plate; i love how it just rotates out of my hand by itself. :D

the jokeri's rim is a little different - a little chunkier and a little deeper; so you might like it more for putting. for me the deeper rim feels better for driving than the breaker. the base plastic beats up SUPER fast, though, and will not stay OS for long. the premium is similar to opto and is great for driving - i assume it'd be a little slick for sticking to the chains, a little gummier than opto, though newer runs of opto have more grip than before . . .

you could definitely get a premium jokeri and a baseline jokeri to cover the role you want.

I will give that a shot. Prodiscus JOKERi is one I wanted to try.
The Breaker is so thin. True flat top. Unlike anything I have thrown before. It just slices through the wind. Putting with it was awkward to say the least. In an effort to minimize the amount of molds I carry, I would like to use it as a main putter. It just isn't going to happen. Stable / Over stable - short driver and approach is where this disc excels. SP Breaker would be nice when available.

SP Breakers have been out as tourney fundraisers. If you look around, I'm sure you will be able to find some. They are indeed very nice.

The Breaker is more or less a Ringer clone [in premium plastic].

The Ringer is only 1mm taller than a Breaker and its rim is also only wider/bulkier than the Breaker as well. Inside rim diameter is 2mm off from the +1mm rim width, but if you fondled both in your hands I doubt you could tell much if any of a difference.

There is certainly room for the three IMO. Zone/Breaker will be more similar in flight than the Ringer/Breaker due to the plastic types.

Zone will be more Firebird-y, while the Breaker will seem more Banshee-ish. Rough analogy, don't everyone get their panties in a bunch:)

I know they are, but I made that mistake with the Magnet/Titanic and would rather just keep it simple. Thanks though!

i have paired the ringer and breaker together very success fully. the ringer seems to lose fade first as it breaks in. when i carried magnets i use a titanic to drive with did see much difference there either.

i have paired the ringer and breaker together very success fully. the ringer seems to lose fade first as it breaks in. when i carried magnets i use a titanic to drive with did see much difference there either.

You win Money. I caved and grabbed a few Ringers - they're well, money (pun intended). They force me to spin putt more (extra spin I should say) but it's been working out great the past few weeks. Approaches are a joke with Ringers, they're the biggest brick of a disc I've ever thrown for those <200' shots - sits perfectly every time. LOVE THEM!

Breakers have been bagged and haven't left, I now own 8 of them so far. How's the Breaker treating everyone else?

OS annys, flex shots, lazers, skips, rollers, grenades, you name it:thmbup:

they're the biggest brick of a disc I've ever thrown for those <200' shots - sits perfectly every time. LOVE THEM!

Threw a 172 Proline Worlds Breaker yesterday and came away quite impressed. As much as I like the Zone, the Breaker is even slower and shorter. For this slot, I consider that a good thing (and agree with the above).

Given how great their midranges feel, I do wish that it had just a bit more tack, but that's really just a personal preference.

Threw a 172 Proline Worlds Breaker yesterday and came away quite impressed. As much as I like the Zone, the Breaker is even slower and shorter. For this slot, I consider that a good thing (and agree with the above).

Given how great their midranges feel, I do wish that it had just a bit more tack, but that's really just a personal preference.

I have SP and Proline and do agree the bottoms on all of them are pretty slick unfortunately. I have an SP 7/10 and it's definitely getting better, and a Proline that's on its way there...curious how it'll change. That said I haven't had release issues from it - they just don't feel grippy while fondling them.

really want to try one of these out. I love low profile putters. what's the difference I. plastic feel between the pro line and sp?

Latest posts