• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2013!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
First TWO aces came during the LTC Ace Race in Cleveland, WI yesterday. I'm counting them...as those and two metal hits helped me take home a Gateway Titan portable basket and a couple new discs!

I hit aces number two and 3 on Friday and Saturday at Carroll Marty Dg course in Ames.

The ace on Friday was during a round on hole number 12 from the longs. Recently picked up a multipurpose stamped champ panther that hyzer flipped nicely and dropped into the hidden basket.
eb9f8d54_m.jpg

The ace on Saturday was during a fundraising tournament on hole 15 from the shorts with a hybrid suspect. Hit the gap on the left going up the hill and it skipped into the basket to start off the second round. Needless to say I couldn't get much going after that.
15407df5.jpg

Last edited:
Cubby ace yesterday (3rd throw from the tee) on hole 18 at N. Asheboro. Flexed a S.EX around the main tree in the way and faded right in. Funny thing was I was having a horrible day of disc golf.

Got my second ace in 2 weeks, hit #11 at Jones Park (150 ft) with an Eclipse Tangent on a line drive that actually air bounced up about 10 feet out from the basket to smash it in rather than go low, lot of fun in the wind today.

I hit my first ace in a pre-tourney Friday dubs before the Southeastern Amateur Championship on a temp course they had set up for the weekend. The hole was 260 slightly uphill with trees on the right forcing you to throw a left to right shot. I'm primarily a RHBH player but my LHBH drive is getting better it seems like the safer shot, so I try it and bury it.

I then hit my second "Ace" warming up Sunday morning before round 3, I know it doesn't go on the scorecard so its not an ace call it what you want. Hole 1: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/media.php?id=780&mode=media# In actual play I would throw RHBH on this hole because its a clean line to the basket but I'm warming up so I throw a LHBH shot on a big flex line, right between the two trees on the left side of the basket and again bury it. Still havent hit a RHBH ace and still throw RHBH 90% of the time.

Not really an ace...

But there needs to be a word for 1 in the drink, 2 retee, 3 skip in.

Not an ace, but a....tres? Did this a couple weeks back @ Scrapyard #9.

I know, I know, there's already a word for this, and it's "par." But the ultimate man par.

Not really an ace...

But there needs to be a word for 1 in the drink, 2 retee, 3 skip in.

Not an ace, but a....tres? Did this a couple weeks back @ Scrapyard #9.

I know, I know, there's already a word for this, and it's "par." But the ultimate man par.

There is it's a cubby ace.

I hit my third ace today at Oaks Park in College Station, TX on hole 3. I've gotten close in the past, and hit the pole on my first round. Drained it my second round. Its about 225' with an oak tree growing horizontally in front of the basket, and I finally split the branches perfectly. The disc: a fresh D Challenger

Also, I had a crowd of construction workers behind me watching and a twosome on the hole ahead of me. They all cheered (more just smiled) with me!

aced #6 at my home course again today. it's by far the hardest hole on the course, and i'd been dry on it for a year and a half. still the only person to ever get it though. the best part is, i got it with my novelty CE Teebird :D

Well, I have yet another ace with my Cryztal Z Zone. First shot of the round at The Wilds DGC. RHBH shot faded late and drilled the chains. Awesome thing is, I called that I would hit an ace today at work. I said I would get it on hole 1, 3, 4, or 9. Hit the basket on 4 and the pole on 9! lol That totals 16 aces just this year!

Birthday Ace

Burke Lake #3. Pin is in a blind spot (we heard distant chains) but there it was as we walked up. :)

Hole 18 at Alex Clark during warm up for the weekly mini. 4 of us teen g off and one standing about 30' from the pin. First on the reebok and a Judge straight in. Everyone else tees off, and then step up for a second shot (forehand) and hit the top of the basket. While I wouldn't have counted the second shot as an ace I still would have loved to have back to back shots go in.

First Ace.

Hole 10 Carey Park, Hutchinson KS. 247ft.

Took the low tunnel route. Low FH-Flex shot skipped right in. 175 champ Monster.

1st Ace at Hindman park Hole 9 Little Rock, Arkansas
FLX Drone

Attachments

• ace.jpg
    ace.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 11
Got my third ace in the last 5 weeks today on hole #12 at Jackson Park in Rapid City, SD. The evening sun saw a Vibram Sole glide past the downed trees (from winter storm Atlas) right into the chains.
886125_567047730011662_1081450662_o.jpg

1397902_567047650011670_2129341639_o.jpg

Got my second ace (first was only 3 weeks ago) today on #11 Dolese. 241' backhand soft hyzer that faded right in. I retired my first ace disc and got the second ace with the replacement disc: another Eclipse Axis.

Just got my first ace!!!

Never posted before but I'm too excited not to! It's my first year playing and I just got an ace! I measured the hole with udisc at 340ft! Just made my whole year! I used a legacy cannon and it's my new favorite driver!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts