• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2019 Waco Annual Charity Open presented by Dynamic Discs

He played it from where it was last in-bounds (flying over the land surrounding the basket), and he took a penalty. That's how it is supposed to happen.

Ok, i see that now. .the Jomez video tricked me. . when Simon putts the graphics says "Birdy" but i looked again and that "birdy" logo that came up during Simons putt was on Seppos card

I just saw the "birdy" logo as Simon was putting and wonder "how could that be a birdy?)

Is it possible that they can't get the post production videos up because no one wants to commentate? If I was a player I wouldn't want to be affiliated with YouTube videos that receive more dislikes than likes.
At this point I'm guessing they don't give a crap and we'll never see the videos. They're running this thing like Trump University.

At this point I'm guessing they don't give a crap and we'll never see the videos. They're running this thing like Trump University.

This is the best coverage you have ever seen. It has millions of views and millions more than the prior regimes coverage, we have the pictures. We have the data. The videos are already out and are the best, everyone thinks so. They are the highest rated sports coverage in history. You love these videos and they are made by the best top rated producers of all time.

This was such a disappointment. I've been avoiding any discussion or coverage of Waco so that I could enjoy the post-production videos without knowing the outcome.

I watched the Jomez coverage of the first two rounds and enjoyed it thoroughly, only to discover when their Final Round Chase Card video dropped that they didn't have lead card. So I decided to jump over to the DGPT channel to watch the final round. After forwarding through the filler at the beginning and watching the first hole, I gave up. (really, I tried...) This is just painful to watch after getting used to the quality and commentary of Jomez and CCDG.

So I jumped to the end, saw who won, and that will be it for me and the Waco coverage. If DGPT comes out with third round post-produced coverage I'll give it a try, but I am not going to fast-forward through 3:15 of mediocre video to try to enjoy the third round.

I really hope that DGPT reconsiders their approach to this.

Pretty much sums up the DGPT experience for me as well. After this crazy offseason with players switching sponsors all over, rolling out new bags and discs excitement levels were high for this 2019 season. Then we get to tournament time and it all fizzles away with piss poor video coverage and complete failure at delivering on some lofty promises by Dodge and crew.

Not a fan of live coverage and with work and life the post produced videos work so much better for my viewing. Now DGPT wont even give us a turnaround time on when we might see the Waco videos, if we ever do. Also not slogging through 3 plus hours of bad camera work to watch 50-60 min of actual lead card coverage. Never intended to "boycott" the DGPT, but Dodge and crew have effectively made it so I wont be watching any DGPT coverage by their decisions and lack of preparation for this season.

No more self imposed avoiding spoilers on this site, now just going to dive right in and follow DGPT tournaments through DGCR. While not my preferred route it is the only route available since Steve can't make good on what he tried to sell us. Severely disappointed in his inability to follow through on promises made and quitting on coverage after only two tournaments.

DGPT drinking game:

Drink every time:
Catch cam misses the shot and the announcers say "We don't know where that landed"
View goes fuzzy while following a drive
Same camera zooms in/out at least 3 times on a single hole
We miss the results of a shot because the cameraperson is behind an obstacle (tree, spectator, competitor, etc...)
"Skizzle"

#DrunkB4theTurn

Pretty much sums up the DGPT experience for me as well. After this crazy offseason with players switching sponsors all over, rolling out new bags and discs excitement levels were high for this 2019 season. Then we get to tournament time and it all fizzles away with piss poor video coverage and complete failure at delivering on some lofty promises by Dodge and crew.

Not a fan of live coverage and with work and life the post produced videos work so much better for my viewing. Now DGPT wont even give us a turnaround time on when we might see the Waco videos, if we ever do. Also not slogging through 3 plus hours of bad camera work to watch 50-60 min of actual lead card coverage. Never intended to "boycott" the DGPT, but Dodge and crew have effectively made it so I wont be watching any DGPT coverage by their decisions and lack of preparation for this season.

No more self imposed avoiding spoilers on this site, now just going to dive right in and follow DGPT tournaments through DGCR. While not my preferred route it is the only route available since Steve can't make good on what he tried to sell us. Severely disappointed in his inability to follow through on promises made and quitting on coverage after only two tournaments.
Because of the outcome and what I've heard about how it transpired, I am going to suffer through the live feed, hopefully the FF button helps. I'm assuming the condensed version never comes.

DGPT drinking game:

Drink every time:
Catch cam misses the shot and the announcers say "We don't know where that landed"
We miss the results of a shot because the cameraperson is behind an obstacle (tree, spectator, competitor, etc...)
"Skizzle"

#DrunkB4theTurn

I would add the following:

The camera stays on the players face through the entire putting process.

They cut to commercial and there is no commercial.

DGPT drinking game:

Drink every time:
"Skizzle"

#DrunkB4theTurn

I already get motion sick watching the coverage, if I added that much alcohol to the mix, I would be blowing chunks after Hole 3.

Warning: Do not play this game while watching the FPO or MPO Round 1 live coverage from Memorial. You would be drunker than a frat boy at initiation and might possibly have alcohol poisoning by the end of the round.

From the grow the sport angle. The decision to produce in house, and the limiting content to that which requires skipping through a long form video is shooting so many feet because it is a distinct step back in the capability to market the sport, and the players, and the related products being used. I certainly hope the manufacturers who are sponsoring DGPT this season are taking note of this failed experiment in circling the wagons.
The lack of coverage saturation of the cards that comes from having the additional filming and edited content from CCDG, and Jomez, and Gatekeeper, and so on that can turn around edited content in 24 - 48 hours. I really feel for the number of players who are not getting the exposure of their being filmed at the DGPT events. The investment of time each one has made, and the lack of exposure they have received must put a crimp in the sales of CFR discs.

I really feel for the number of players who are not getting the exposure of their being filmed at the DGPT events. The investment of time each one has made, and the lack of exposure they have received must put a crimp in the sales of CFR discs.

This is a big key. DGPT's successes thus far have been directly related to the players buying into the idea that Steve is on their side and doing this for them. There is unquestionably some goodwill built up there. How far does that goodwill extend?

Three out of four in that group are in that position.

Methinks that's a soft par 4.

Hole performances. No bad holes here; none with correlations going the wrong way, and none with scoring spreads less than 2. (More up and right is more "good".)

attachment.php

Too bad the inflated pars on holes #2, #7, #9, #12, #16, and #18 are a smear on the course's reputation.

Of course, changing pars on those holes was probably too difficult. That would have been almost as hard as changing hole numbers.

How do you reconcile this with the abnormal lack of wind and opposite direction wind, when comparing those to last year's stats?

How do you reconcile this with the abnormal lack of wind and opposite direction wind, when comparing those to last year's stats?

Right now, I don't. I stick to compering holes to each other during the same rounds.

DGPT drinking game:

Drink every time:
"Skizzle"

You could play "drink every time the announcers are quiet for 2 seconds in a row". You would be completely sober with your drink untouched at the end of the round.