• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: The MVP Open at Maple Hill

Seems like it. What's your take on the go pro thing Ian? Who even put em up?

I honestly have no idea who put em there. Ideally they'd have been there the whole day for everone's round. If not, hopefully there were put in a spot that would not alter things too much. I didn't see where they were.

Maybe it depends on the level of event, or whether we're talking card-mate versus spectator, but I played with Rick a couple weeks ago at an A-tier and he was extremely personable and pleasant. Other than the handful of spectators following us, it felt like a normal round with a normal group of players to me. Some idle chit-chat, especially during back-ups, and times of quiet concentration as well.

Only two things really stuck out to me during the round. One, if you're the last thrower on the tee, you really need to be aware of where Ricky parked his cart because he is on the move before that last throw lands and if you aren't careful about where you linger to watch the throw, he might run you over. Two, his standards are, rightly so, very high for himself. As we totaled the card at the end of the round, he described his round as "sucky" when asked. "Sucky" was tied for hot round on the card (unofficially 1037) and good enough for the lead card in round 2. He wasn't surly or upset about it. Just stated it as a matter of fact. It was amusing.

I could see him being a little more talkative during an A tier. Every time I film the guy it's for a big tourney, and it's always 100% focused, talking to a minimum.

I knew I could trust DGCR to be arguing about the cameras. I agree, they shouldn't be on there unless left for every card. If this becomes a trend, they need to make dummy cameras to simulate the real ones to stick on all the baskets.

Just watched the post produced Jones coverage of the lead card. Wow.

Congrats to James Conrad. Dude threw 11 down in the final round on a TOUGH course. And that lone bogie was 2 inches from birdie, and potentially tying Rick's -13 from round 2. Wasn't Paul's previous -11 on Maple Hill Gold considered one of the best rounds ever? Ricky bested it, James matched it.

That was the most composed Conrad has looked on a stage of this magnitude. I expected the wheels to come flying off after the 2 stroke swing on 14. Nope! Ice cold. Laces the nonexistent fairway on 15.

Paul kept the pressure on him, but James did enough to come away with the win! What a tournament! Maple Hill is so much fun to watch. Absolute top notch disc golf to watch this weekend.

James definitely got skinny on a few errant drives that wound up parked or putting, but that's disc golf, and his putting was what separated him, save for 1 hole.

Paul's 100+ footer was DIRTY, though. I got so hyped watching it.

Ricky is 100% business on the course. Hardly says a word other than his score. Off the course/done with his round he's the nicest dude ever.

Maybe it depends on the level of event, or whether we're talking card-mate versus spectator, but I played with Rick a couple weeks ago at an A-tier and he was extremely personable and pleasant. Other than the handful of spectators following us, it felt like a normal round with a normal group of players to me. Some idle chit-chat, especially during back-ups, and times of quiet concentration as well.

Only two things really stuck out to me during the round. One, if you're the last thrower on the tee, you really need to be aware of where Ricky parked his cart because he is on the move before that last throw lands and if you aren't careful about where you linger to watch the throw, he might run you over. Two, his standards are, rightly so, very high for himself. As we totaled the card at the end of the round, he described his round as "sucky" when asked. "Sucky" was tied for hot round on the card (unofficially 1037) and good enough for the lead card in round 2. He wasn't surly or upset about it. Just stated it as a matter of fact. It was amusing.

Ricky seemed to take it in stride, and appeared to be a gracious "loser," if you can call it that. I liked seeing him laugh at himself a few times late in the round. Somehow he's easier for me to like when he's playing poorly and laughing at himself, than when he's robotically destroying a course when others are struggling. Sorry Rick.

From DGWT:

"Going into the tournament, Sarah Hokom needed to make up twenty tour points on Paige Pierce to tie for the series. Sarah's win and Paige's sixth-place finish created a forty point swing that vaulted Sarah to a twenty point victory for the season. When the Tour Championship takes place in Jacksonville, Florida Sarah will be guaranteed one ring and will be in the hunt for a second ring while playing the championship."

https://www.dgpt.com/news/2018-mvp-open-sarah-hokom-secures-pro-tour-points-victory#/

Illegal jump putts FTW.

How the holes performed.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• MVP183Statb.png
    MVP183Statb.png
    56.7 KB · Views: 163
  • MVP183Stat.png
    MVP183Stat.png
    59.9 KB · Views: 155
Oops. I can't do math and laundry at the same time. This is better:
attachment.php

Attachments

• MVP183Statb.png
    MVP183Statb.png
    65.7 KB · Views: 160
Someday I'll be smart enough to fully understand the pretty little graphs that Steve posts here.

But I'm not holding my breath...

I feel like you might really be saying: "Isn't there a better way to present this information?" But you're too dang polite to say it, but if that's what you're saying, I agree.

Or maybe, like me, you're viewing on mobile, which is an excercise in futility. Yet I always click on the link and squint my eyes and go hmmm, then close the link and go about my day.

Which layout did the FPO play? Was it the same each day?

It was the same each day.

I believe it was a mixture of gold and blue tees. Probably, about one-third of the fpo holes were the same as the mpo.

Latest posts