• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Wanted] Discraft Magnets - I want them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that seller is just using a stock picture, I had message them a while ago. Contrary to what ive noticed some people posting around, 4 chain magnets are not particularly rare, just harder to find now.

I like the z magnet, but I dont throw them. Ive probably purchased and sold about 10 of them though. If you wanted to trade something for it, like 3 used discs or 1-2nice new ones, I would be interested though.

sent you a pm about a special magnet
and thought i would share this auction with you i just seen, more than 10 available buy it now
http://cgi.ebay.com/Disc-Golf-Discraft-Pro-D-Magnet-/250511070232?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a539f9418

I too am looking for a couple older mags. I called up my homie who knows them very well. Steve Rico, don't know if you guys heard of him. Anyways, he's gonna give me 2. He explained the whole deal about the new and older plastic. He shared his opinion on why he throws 4 of them. Very interesting hearing his view on them.

Last edited:
just threw my sweeet z magnet up on ebay for you magnet lovers. I can't link it on here due to forum rules but look it up. cool ghost stamped 2002 worlds z magnet

yoo mike,

I actually know you bro, you might recognize me or not, but ive had a few conversations with you at tournaments. Sylmar is actually my home course, and I have quite a few super old magnets I know stevie would want. couldnt help but laugh when I read this. What weight range do you throw for mags?

I too am looking for a couple older mags. I called up my homie who knows them very well. Steve Rico, don't know if you guys heard of him. Anyways, he's gonna give me 2. He explained the whole deal about the new and older plastic. He shared his opinion on why he throws 4 of them. Very interesting hearing his view on them.

What's this one worth? 173g thanks

img4710k.jpg

By makeyourself0705 at 2011-03-26

The soft 4 chains are worth a little less than the regular Pro-D ones. Looks like it's seen a little use. I'd say 12 maybe 15 bucks at the most.

I have older 4 chains and 90's mags that are in the 165-170 range if anyone also wants to trade for heavier magnets or buy them.

I am really looking for magnets from 1993-95, and will pay top dollar for 172+.

Just in case anyone was wondering....

I still want old magnets. please.

anyone...?

I will buy, I will trade, I will buy and trade, whatever it takes.

i got a 4 chain hard white glow magnet, stamps kinda rubbed off, 6-7/10 really seasoned, concave lid. weight not listed, i'll get it weighed next time i'm at the post office.

I've got one that I'd like to part with.

Pretty stiff Pro-D plastic, at least several years old.

I'd give it a 6-7/10 rating, nicely seasoned. Some blacked out ink, belonging to the person who traded it to me. The 4-chain stamp is all there.

I don't know the exact weight...but comparing it to some other discs, my guess is 170+.

I'll weigh it on my brother's postage scale this weekend and post the results here.

From there...if you're interested, just let me know how much it'd be worth to you!

'till then...

Attachments

• IMG_0801.jpg
    IMG_0801.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0802.jpg
    IMG_0802.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0803.jpg
    IMG_0803.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 57
Status