• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Does Anyone Still Cycle Rocs?

Yes. People either throw real Rocs or they don't. Im with who ever above said if you are cycling Roc3s VRocs and all that other stuff you've lost me. I do carry a DX Roc3 sometimes but its to go over water.

Yes. People either throw real Rocs or they don't. Im with who ever above said if you are cycling Roc3s VRocs and all that other stuff you've lost me. I do carry a DX Roc3 sometimes but its to go over water.

YUUUPPP I'm one of those guys.
I carry a USDGC Rancho Roc (beefy) a Champ Glow Roc 3 (wind resistant with fade, but not what I call beefy) a Champ Roc3 I've had almost since they came out (straight but can be turned over without too much effort) and a DX Vroc (turnovers). Saves me money and headaches.

YUUUPPP I'm one of those guys.
I carry a USDGC Rancho Roc (beefy) a Champ Glow Roc 3 (wind resistant with fade, but not what I call beefy) a Champ Roc3 I've had almost since they came out (straight but can be turned over without too much effort) and a DX Vroc (turnovers). Saves me money and headaches.
That's fine. Just so long as you don't claim to be cycling Rocs. :|

I've definitely noticed a stability (and glide) difference between DX and KCs that seems to make KC a better option for a wider stability spectrum. Is there a reason, beyond plastic durability, to take the time to go with a KC cycle?

I think the biggest reason is that KC's just hold the sweet spot FOREVER. It's a good and bad thing I suppose, because to get a legit KC cycle down you are probably looking at over a year just to get 3 acceptable differences in your cycle. I like the KC cycle cuz I'm not one to ever really have the 4-5 roc cycle going, I just don't need that much variety. I like having 3 KC's ITB at a time in a perfect world. I dunno what else to say, I just really prefer KC's to DX, even though it is a more time consuming cycle.

YES!

I carry 3 KC's (11x). Hyzerflip finesse machine, straight dog, and a fresh beefy one. It can be hard to replace the flippy one if needed, but ive got a stack of slightly used 11x to cover when I need one. Just takes a few weeks to build the bond with a replacement, and to beat it in just a bit more. Wooded GA courses help the process. I also carry one proto roc3 which completes my mid line up. It has been in the bag about 1.5 years, and only gets thrown for spike hyzer mid type shots. Or when you HAVE to have a strong fade finish.

At least there's one thing Roc and Roc3 throwers agree on, the Vroc is hot garbage.

At least there's one thing Roc and Roc3 throwers agree on, the Vroc is hot garbage.

Not necessarily. The VRoc is a good disc, IMHO.

My DX VRoc is doing an excellent job on technical/wooded courses when I need to thread tight lines. My Champ VRoc is a very consistent disc for me, as well; I throw at a point expecting a straight flight then smooth fade, and that's what I get.

I am with you there...I picked up a VRoc when they came out and put it down just as fast. The only person I know that likes them throws Cobras as their other mid.

I still think it's funny when people say their DX Roc is useless or garbage after one tree hit.

Send them my way.

I'll throw them.

I certainly don't have the supersonic arm mentioned later but I have ruined DX Rocs in one throw from the tee. On three separate occasions I've hit a tree about ten feet from the pad at full speed and turned the Roc into an instant taco. That can't be such an infrequent occurrence that no one else has experienced it.

I certainly don't have the supersonic arm mentioned later but I have ruined DX Rocs in one throw from the tee. On three separate occasions I've hit a tree about ten feet from the pad at full speed and turned the Roc into an instant taco. That can't be such an infrequent occurrence that no one else has experienced it.

Flatten that taco out and keep on huking it!

Interesting. What's the method? I tried flexing it back but it wouldn't ever go. It always stayed at least slightly curved. And the creases where it bent got white and weak from repeated attempts to flex it back to normal.

I've been throwing Rocs for 20 years and trust me, the VRoc is not "hot garbage" Its a Sanny Roc that you dont have to pay out the nose for. Now Ive only ever thrown the DX so the other blends could be different in flight but I still dont see how it could be "garbage"

I've been throwing Rocs for 20 years and trust me, the VRoc is not "hot garbage" Its a Sanny Roc that you dont have to pay out the nose for. Now Ive only ever thrown the DX so the other blends could be different in flight but I still dont see how it could be "garbage"

DX Sannies cost about $13.

I'm not a big fan of mob justice and we could be civil to you and let you have your opinion and everything, but we are taking about Rocs and you are all full of blasphemy so we are probably going to go all Moral Majority and publicly shame you if you persist.

We should just file the vRoc under "works for Andy, don't try this at home" and move on...