• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Does Anyone Still Cycle Rocs?

Same. 3kc aviars, 5 rocs, 2 pds and 4 destroyers. And of course a firebird :)

Roc is the best mid on the market
Destroyers actually cycle really well, especially Pro Destroyers. They are kinda freaky-beefy new, break in fairly quickly and get pretty flippy once you beat it in. They came out waaayyy after cycling stopped being so common, but I can see those making a really effective cycle.

This, right here, is why you are a super moderator.
Regardless, who am I to talk? I'm throwing Sanny Rocs.
What's wrong with Sanny Rocs? :confused: Back in the heyday of the Ontario, we thought the end of Western Civilization was going to date to the day the Sanny Roc went OOP. :|

Of course I love Ontario's so I'm probably disqualified from having a Roc opinion as well. I finally got them out of my bag, though. I've been Ontario free for over two years. Do I get a chip for that or something?

Last edited:
I'm not a big fan of mob justice and we could be civil to you and let you have your opinion and everything, but we are taking about Rocs and you are all full of blasphemy so we are probably going to go all Moral Majority and publicly shame you if you persist.

We should just file the vRoc under "works for Andy, don't try this at home" and move on...

This is the greatest put down I have ever seen

Destroyers actually cycle really well, especially Pro Destroyers. They are kinda freaky-beefy new, break in fairly quickly and get pretty flippy once you beat it in. They came out waaayyy after cycling stopped being so common, but I can see those making a really effective cycle.

Big fan of the pro destroyer cycle myself. Stars still have a spot in my bag but you just can't beat a broken in pro for max D

What's wrong with Sanny Rocs? :confused:

Ain't not one thing wrong with Sanny Rocs, from where I'm standing. Except that good stiff ones are tough to find (I will take every single yellow 2008 USDGC West Sayeed Roc out there people).And they don't put them out in KC Pro plastic.

I did for a long time it worked very well. But I prefer the feel and slow cycle of a Z Buzzz, BuzzzSS, and BuzzzOS. Some find the OS too overstable and the SS not understable enough, but not I. Roc3 and Mako3 if I was Innova loyal.

Yep, for the past year at least I've been sticking to the bare essentials. Fresh ROC. Beat ROC. Fresh PD. Beat PD. Putting wizard. Approach wizard. (Insert some sort of fairway and distance driver) right now it's a FD and tresspass. But I can easily forgo both of them. sometimes I'll add in another ROC in just for variety.

I've been experimenting with other mids, but they just don't stack up to the roc for me. I like a fresh kc, and a medium beat up DX. I've just gotten one DX to be bordering on perfect for turnovers, and my kc is starting to straighten out. I've got a fresh, very firm kc ready to go in. So in a few weeks it will be fresh kc, laser kc, turnover DX.

Full confession, I do throw a bard or sentinel in if its really gusty, for me and my medium bad form the freshest kc is still a little squirrely when the wind kicks up.

they still make these or are they CFR only? I haven't seen a retail level new san marino roc since I've been playing, ever.

I like SM Rocs though, that's why I throw ghosts now :p

They're out there. You have to look around, but they're definitely out there. Plus they did the Champion Sanny Big Bird release just last year.

They're out there. You have to look around, but they're definitely out there. Plus they did the Champion Sanny Big Bird release just last year.

Sorry I was thinking DX only. I know there are star SM rocs out there still (I used to bag one years ago)

I've only been playing since 2013 and I've found that anything I could do with a M2, Buzzz, Fuse, Comet, Mako, etc. I can also do with most x-out dx rocs for a fraction of the price, the same feel of disc on every throw, and without the limitations of premium plastic in damp conditions (which can be a big deal in Washington). I liked the switch to dx so much I'm trying out dx vipers for fairway drivers.

Yes I do. Fresh DX, dead straight KC Glow, beat DX that I carry for competitive rounds.

I've got about fifteen rocs total so I'm working on backups for each slot currently.

I'm presently bagging a couple of DX ranchos, impatiently waiting for them to start turning. I will cycle in KC as they season, and later, the star Rancho sitting in my closet.

Roc cyclers: anyone willing to part with a couple or few beat DX ranchos? I'm talking the ones you took out of your bag because they got too flippy. As long as they're not totally taco'd and can sit on a table without rocking. PM me.

I'm presently bagging a couple of DX ranchos, impatiently waiting for them to start turning. I will cycle in KC as they season, and later, the star Rancho sitting in my closet.

Roc cyclers: anyone willing to part with a couple or few beat DX ranchos? I'm talking the ones you took out of your bag because they got too flippy. As long as they're not totally taco'd and can sit on a table without rocking. PM me.

Good luck, those are the ones everybody is looking for.

I'm cycling roc3s. Fresh 180 Star for OS, a seasoned 171 champ for straight and a beat 171 champ for some turn. Don't have one beat into turnover yet. I've got 2 McPros working in. One is seasoned the other is fresh. Hoping eventually the seasoned will become the roller roc and the fresh will take over turnover shots. At that point, I might just cycle mcpros with a champion/star bookend

Crapola

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

The best way to get seasoned Rocs is to buy a few and have your newer friends thrown them for a few rounds.
They can't throw hard enough to taco the disc and likely will hit everything in sight. You'll get a nice even wear and then you rip it out of their clutches!

I've only got one that turns reliably for me, so I put it aside and am working on some others. Try throwing it as your second shot off the tee when you play rounds. Especially on shots with woods and rocks.

Latest posts