• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle Enthusiasm

DX Eagle-X was my first driver. Star Eagle-X was my first ace. I now have three in my bag, a DX and Champ EX and a GStar EL. The DX goes the farthest and gets used for long anhyzer shots, the Champ for hyzer-flip straight shots and the GStar for almost everything I need. I'd say the EAGLE is the most versatile driver in existence. Hands down.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 31
I found a F2 Champ Eagle-L CAL mold at PIAS. Is it anything special? It's for a customer dye. Just wondering if I should send info with it.

Thanks

I found a F2 Champ Eagle-L CAL mold at PIAS. Is it anything special? It's for a customer dye. Just wondering if I should send info with it.

Thanks
L molds are much straighter and/or understable. They're on their way out possibly but other than that, nothing particularly special.
Has anyone found that the champion eagles are more overstable than champ teebirds?
Generally yeah, it should be. More fade and a little bit more turn than Teebirds. TB should have little to no turn.

I have a handful of L's with a couple in the bag. I throw a beat 12x for more left to right shots and the fresh 12x flight numbers for straight or big hyzer shots. I wanted to complement them with an X so I went out recently to PIAS to pick one up and lo and behold I found a 11x cal X mold. :clap:

I'm pretty sure the 12x L's pre and post flight numbers are the same batch just different stamps. I havent seen any in the newer champ plastic but I thought I heard they pressed some L's in GStar. Kinda interested in seeing what the GStars fly like but I really don't need any more L's.

Has anyone tried the Jolly Launcher Circle Stamp Eagles from the factory store? How do these fly?

Has anyone tried the Jolly Launcher Circle Stamp Eagles from the factory store? How do these fly?

They are quite a bit beefier than non-JL Champ X mold.

Very much so. I carry 1 beat SEX, 1 fresh SEX, and 1 Circle JL and they are 3 very different beasts.

Just switched all my fairways to Eagle-x's. Two champ's and two dx's. I can't wait for my lighter champ to beat some turn into it. They start off beefy.

Has anyone played enough rounds with one of those gstar eagle Ls to start seeing some wear yet? Still debating on getting one. It sounds like brand new they fly just like a champ L.

Has anyone played enough rounds with one of those gstar eagle Ls to start seeing some wear yet? Still debating on getting one. It sounds like brand new they fly just like a champ L.

Played about 2 dozen rounds with mine, still no where near enough time to wear in but I see no difference so far.

Thanks for the update. I guess I have to give the factory store more of my money.

Mine has hit concrete a couple times, for what it's worth, and hasn't seen too much wear; pretty durable plastic. The disc flies like a dream, perfect amount of turn to complement an Eagle-X.

Has there ever been eagles molded in what would be today's driver pro plastic? It is quite possibly now my favorite plastic after finally discing up beyond eagles and it would be amazing to have favorite disc in favorite plastic as well.

Do you think there would be enough demand for them? Production run or small factory store runs even. Thoughts?

Has there ever been eagles molded in what would be today's driver pro plastic? It is quite possibly now my favorite plastic after finally discing up beyond eagles and it would be amazing to have favorite disc in favorite plastic as well.

Do you think there would be enough demand for them? Production run or small factory store runs even. Thoughts?

I don't think so, but before g-star they made gummy star eagle x's. And probably still do.

I love them and have been throwing them for awhile.

They're usually lighter weights as far as I've found. Low to mid 160's.

The closest thing I know of is the Millennium EXP-1. But that's not exactly an Eagle.

I would love to see the Eagle-X in Pro plastic. It would be awesome.

The closest thing I know of is the Millennium EXP-1. But that's not exactly an Eagle.

I would love to see the Eagle-X in Pro plastic. It would be awesome.

EXPs are Banshees but the Millennium base plastic is the Innova Pro plastic you are looking for. You should check out the Polaris LF:thmbup:

Are the g*EXs the same floppy run as the g*ELs? I got a blue g*EL and have seen a red g*R3 that would almost fold in half. My pro shop sparkle blue g*TBs are a good bit firmer yet still softer than any of my old pearly gummy orcs or gummy QMSs.

so is innova not going to mass produce g star eagle l's and x's ? are they only going to be avaialbe from the pro shop for a limited time?

It looks that way. Based on the fact that they have different stamps than the others gstar discs in the pro shop.

Latest posts