• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle vs Teebird desirability

loki993

Eagle Member
In looking for that slow speed fairway driver these two always come up. They have been around forever and are in a nearly overwhelming amount of different plastics. In my looking, I haven't been around that long, but it seems that the Teebird is more desirable than the eagle, especially older ones. Things are always compared to a Teebird, such and such disc is a longer Teebird...etc It's interesting because they both seem to be similar discs, both the same speed, both OS. Eagles got a little more Fade and less turn, Teebirds got a little more glide, but really doesn't seem like a huge difference.

Especially in the OOP plastics as well. It seems that KC Pro Teebirds and x Climo Champs are usually priced higher than their eagle counterparts, by a decent margin at times. CE stuff I'm not as sure about because it all seems expensive to me so I don't pay too much attention, but its probably the same.

Any idea why this is? Maybe in my short time around here it just seems that way? Is the Teebird easier to throw? I just ask because I've been adding Eagles to my bag and though I haven't gotten to throw mine a ton yet, I like it. I've also been wanting to try a Teebird and I will pick one up at some point. Just curiosity I guess.

I think the teebird is more popular. I like it better because it betters You form and once you can throw it... you can throw it

A tee bird is straighter for most which is why it is so popular. And older ones are more desire able because people like the feel of the plastic better. Basically get a tee bird that you like the feel of and get.

Any idea why this is? Maybe in my short time around here it just seems that way? Is the Teebird easier to throw? I just ask because I've been adding Eagles to my bag and though I haven't gotten to throw mine a ton yet, I like it. I've also been wanting to try a Teebird and I will pick one up at some point. Just curiosity I guess.
I actually find the Teebird more difficult to throw. Just a bit too much OAT or not enough hyzer and they tend to turn too hard and not come back.

I think horsmanm has it right that Teebirds are more sought after becasue they're more straight and people like discs that fly straight. If I were you I'd just buy plain ol' DX Teebirds and Eagles for now. Many find they're the best versions, anyway.

One of my first discs was a slightly domey, 169g Star Teebird. I still throw that disc all the time; it rivals my higher speed drivers for distance and it is exceptionally workable now that it's beaten in. If I had to play a round with only one driver, I would pick this disc 10/10 times.

So I recommend the Star TB. It's a great disc to grow into. It powers down decently well, so if you're throwing 250-300, it will be a nice straight to overstable disc. When you start throwing it farther, it will simply seem less overstable and more stable (i.e. neutral), but it will hardly turn unless thrown really far. It might drift to the right a bit, but it just becomes more elastic in flight, by which I mean that you can stretch it out farther, that it kind of absorbs power but doesn't break right, but just stretches out. I'm not sure if that makes any sense, but that's what it feels like to throw a beat in TB far for me, and I love it. I've also heard the feeling of a seasoned TB "fleshy," and I'm not sure that makes much more sense than "elastic."

Personally, I don't like the DX plastic that's out there right now. Thrown flat, a fresh, 175 DX TB will turn a bit for me, and it beats in too fast to a turnover driver if it hits trees. I keep one in the bag for water shots. DX TBs are longer, but they just don't have the flight characteristics that I look for in a Teebird. That said, a new one will give you an idea of whether you like the mold or not, so it can be a way to try one out before taking the plunge into premium plastic.

Teebird is more reliable for me, throws dead straight with reliable fade. Eagles turn too much, and i risk them not coming back for me due to that turn. I put my teebirds away for about 6 months, threw eagles, and now have happily been back to the teebird and much happier.

A tee bird is a great investment. I have had 2 10x er's in my bag for a decade now. Still my go to drivers. Can't imagine playing without at least two in my bag. Eagles are awesome as well, just less glide, which is great for wooded, low ceiling holes. I can see why people pay big bucks for teebirds, they are worth it, if you take this game seriously.

11x or Glow Firebird
Glow/Star Eagle-X (SEX)
11x Glow/Champ Teebird
Star TL
Pro/Star Leopard

Is the best 1 company Fairway Driver lineup out there.

I can see the straight comments for sure, I can understand why that would be wanted.

I actually find the Teebird more difficult to throw. Just a bit too much OAT or not enough hyzer and they tend to turn too hard and not come back.

I think horsmanm has it right that Teebirds are more sought after becasue they're more straight and people like discs that fly straight. If I were you I'd just buy plain ol' DX Teebirds and Eagles for now. Many find they're the best versions, anyway.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I'm not chasing anything and for sure not going to pay way high prices but if I get a decent deal or trade I like the try out the OOP stuff. I'm not a huge fan of DX, its great plastic but the places I play a lot have a ton of trees and they're magnets.....a Dx disc wouldn't last too long. Right now I'm really liking Star, I have a Sandstrom Star Valk and its really nice. I almost bought a black star Teebird the other day but common sense got the better of me..... I'm going to play with the Eagles for a little while and then I'll probably grab a Star Teebird to try out too. Do they have any in the Jolly Launcher champ yet? Thats nice stuff too

A tee bird is a great investment. I have had 2 10x er's in my bag for a decade now. Still my go to drivers. Can't imagine playing without at least two in my bag. Eagles are awesome as well, just less glide, which is great for wooded, low ceiling holes. I can see why people pay big bucks for teebirds, they are worth it, if you take this game seriously.

I understand why people pay the money for them too, just not sure why Eagles don't bring as much it seems.

I love both discs so much. I prefer Eagles for some reason. I like the lower glide I think. Well. The lower glide due to the overstability of my beefy 175 first run 11x Eagle-X... The 10x KC Pro Eagles are my favorite line shaping driver... Power down for long glidey hyzer flips or more power for straight to turnover hyzer flips. Teebird is straight as an arrow though...

I use a Star Teebird as a utility disc and it is great to use when you need to slide the disc to the basket. I have used dx Teebirds as well, I find that the DX Glow Teebirds work best and last longer. I also use a Champ Eagle, it is a solid disc for your shorter stable needs. I do have to say that I am using the Eagle a lot less since I started using the Legacy Rival.

11x or Glow Firebird
Glow/Star Eagle-X (SEX)
11x Glow/Champ Teebird
Star TL
Pro/Star Leopard

^^ This

11x or Glow Firebird
Glow/Star Eagle-X (SEX)
11x Glow/Champ Teebird
Star TL
Pro/Star Leopard

Swap that Firebird for a Valk and i'd probably be right there with you. I think, at least at this point in my game, the FB is too OS for me.....

Don't get me wrong I love Rivers and have a few, but its a totally different disc then an Eagle or Teebird....

Teebird is more reliable for me, throws dead straight with reliable fade. Eagles turn too much, and i risk them not coming back for me due to that turn. I put my teebirds away for about 6 months, threw eagles, and now have happily been back to the teebird and much happier.

Then you my sir have been throwing the L version of the eagle. Get an X and you won't have the same issue

Get out of here noob. Rivers should only be compared to Leopards because they are THAT understable.

Okay to me it is how you play. I play as what is known as a power player, I guess. (More people call me a freak than a power player but that's another story) I like the 11x KC Pro Eagles not only because of the feel, but because of the flight pattern. They are straight to overstable for me a 450+ft player. They are very reliable because of their heavy fade. But when beat in they lose their fade and just become very straight even when torqued hard. Some Teebirds are just like the Beat Eagle I just mentioned but I believe they are harder to find and they're usually cheaper like you mentioned.

I think the Teebird is more popular is because like others said they like discs that go straight. I do too but I just have a Beat Eagle to do that or for powered down straight shots I use an Eagle-L. And Teebirds are easier for newer players to throw straight and far because of the less fade and added glide.

Why they're more expensive I don't know but I like it because I can get Mint 11x KC Pro Eagles for $40-45 rather than $80-100 for a Mint Teebird.

You can totally have a fairway line up having all Eagles.

New Circle Stamp Eagle for OS or thumbers (They're like firebirds guys Crazy OS)
11x KC Pro Eagle for straight to heavy fade OS
Beat 11x KC Pro Eagle for Straight
Eagle-L for Hyzerflips or turnovers
Beat Eagle-L finesse hyzerflips tomahawks rollers

Last edited:
Yes, I have seen Champ TB in the new Jolly Rancher plastic, but not sure if its a standard or TFR disc...they had tourney stamps on them, not factory stamp.

I have both in my bag, star teebird and a star eagle x. No reason you can't have both

I love teebirds, but dang they are pricey to get the good ones!

Currently I have a 165 gummy 11x KC Pro TB and that thing is crazy money. TB's are tough when you have bad form because they are so stable to OS (depending on the plastic and weight).

I feel Eagles are a bit more beginner friendly.

Get out of here noob. Rivers should only be compared to Leopards because they are THAT understable.

Okay to me it is how you play. I play as what is known as a power player, I guess. (More people call me a freak than a power player but that's another story) I like the 11x KC Pro Eagles not only because of the feel, but because of the flight pattern. They are straight to overstable for me a 450+ft player. They are very reliable because of their heavy fade. But when beat in they lose their fade and just become very straight even when torqued hard. Some Teebirds are just like the Beat Eagle I just mentioned but I believe they are harder to find and they're usually cheaper like you mentioned.

I think the Teebird is more popular is because like others said they like discs that go straight. I do too but I just have a Beat Eagle to do that or for powered down straight shots I use an Eagle-L. And Teebirds are easier for newer players to throw straight and far because of the less fade and added glide.

Why they're more expensive I don't know but I like it because I can get Mint 11x KC Pro Eagles for $40-45 rather than $80-100 for a Mint Teebird.

You can totally have a fairway line up having all Eagles.

New Circle Stamp Eagle for OS or thumbers (They're like firebirds guys Crazy OS)
11x KC Pro Eagle for straight to heavy fade OS
Beat 11x KC Pro Eagle for Straight
Eagle-L for Hyzerflips or turnovers
Beat Eagle-L finesse hyzerflips tomahawks rollers

1. Not a noob
2. Opto's are straight stable not "flippy"
3. I'm bored at work and decided to pass time with some light trolling, thanks for biting

Latest posts