• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Found a new love...150g Star Teebird

I also recently discovered the 150 Teebird. I now have 2 156 KC Pros and a 150 star in my bag. I would say the star has a touch less glide and the plastic is a scosche less grippy, but they are nearly interchangeable. I also am a late arrival on the light driver bandwagon, but I am glad I discovered them.

The one I just bought today and mention in the post previous to yours, reminds me very much of how my friend's 11x KC Pro's feel. I'm thinking this must have a little Star or some other plastic mixed in.

Got my 150 g Star Teebird in the mail today, and it looks much flatter than my Champ or DX ones. What kind of difference in flight should I expect here?

I am still getting used to my 150 g Champ I acquired in a trade the other day. It is either flying too stable, or I turn it with OAT. Need to get out in the field and work with it a bit more...

Guess I'm gonna have to take back the 150 dx Leo I got him for his 8th bday. Jkjk but for real I'm now ordering more after reading this great thread. And more 150ish teebirds and valks. Thx peeps

22153d1282366653-republicans-smarter-than-democrats-necrokitten.jpg

506 days old baby!

Any-who, I recently got my hands on a 150g 11x Blue Champ TB and I'm in love. Backhand or forehand this thing is straight with dependable fade at the end. This thing has rejuvenated my forehand game.

My question....I know the 11x are a tick more stable than current runs but if I get a 12x 150g champ will I be disappointed? Im not getting any HST out of this thing right now which is why I'm digging it. I have a thing against falling in love with a disc that I can't replace. I'm just not big on throwing OOP palstic unless I can find something to replace it with when I loose it?

FYI: I BH 360-380 and FH under 300.

I like my 175 Star TB, but I just might have to try a 150 StarTB...

My fiancee throws current run star and champ teebirds in 150 class. They can handle all the power I can put into them when new, I've put them out to 425' on a calm day and they went pretty much dead straight. You don't need to go searching for older stuff.

I like the star ones better than the Champ.

I got a 150g StarLight and 155g Champ, and the Starlites were a bit more HSS right off the bat. I love when I tell people this and they literally say, "maybe for you they are." They're stable little buggers though.

I don't have a lot of time in with either of them yet, I got them to go in my winter bag. I can't speak about wear speed or anything like that. I can't imagine much difference between Star and Starlite at 150g.

I got a 150g StarLight and 155g Champ, and the Starlites were a bit more HSS right off the bat. I love when I tell people this and they literally say, "maybe for you they are." They're stable little buggers though.

I don't have a lot of time in with either of them yet, I got them to go in my winter bag. I can't speak about wear speed or anything like that. I can't imagine much difference between Star and Starlite at 150g.

This actually surprises me as well. I've only ever thrown one starlite disc and it was when Innova first came out with that plastic. I believe it was a RR, wasn't impressed and haven't given it a second look since.

I like the star ones better than the Champ.

Any particular reason why?

My fiancee throws current run star and champ teebirds in 150 class. They can handle all the power I can put into them when new, I've put them out to 425' on a calm day and they went pretty much dead straight. You don't need to go searching for older stuff.

Good to hear. I picked up a 153g last night from Volo Sports. Found a few on fee-bay but all my other online places that I usually buy from don't have any. Seems to be a shortage of gummy 150s right now.