• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

I'm thoroughly confused by UP Mountain Man's cryptic posts, but any financial/sweat equity/word of mouth support I'd be willing to offer HBH comes down to some simple math: John + Highbridge = a no for me, dawg. Once he's gone, I'd consider lending any and all of the above.

Very Simple Math

I'm thoroughly confused by UP Mountain Man's cryptic posts, but any financial/sweat equity/word of mouth support I'd be willing to offer HBH comes down to some simple math: John + Highbridge = a no for me, dawg. Once he's gone, I'd consider lending any and all of the above.

I have heard some form of that very same sentiment, from everyone that I've talked to in the whirlwind that's been my 2019 so far.

It's my policy also. Has been ever since that one cold snowy winter day 6 years ago when I finally walked away from The Mecca, from John. And the nightmare that he alone managed to turn my dreams of Highbridge Hills into.

Everyone that I've dealt with in my negotiations the last 3 days knows that it's my first condition, and that it's 100 percent non-negotiable. I wouldn't waste one second of my time trying to save The Mecca if the plan involved John in any context other than exiting.

You better start taking notes now. Ain't no normal human thats going to remember all this stuff lol

Gets even tougher for us older human beings! I've got notes for days, Dave.

I can't promise to remove the "cryptic" from all of my personal posting. I can promise that once this gets finalized, the new policy for any and all HB info disseminated from within, will be "Under promise, and Over deliver" More simple math.

You can add Abby to that list.

Anybody else getting that feeling you used to get in elementary school when someone told you they know somebody who likes you......

.....but they dont tell you who?

Anybody else getting that feeling you used to get in elementary school when someone told you they know somebody who likes you......

.....but they dont tell you who?

I feel like we're back at the Prodigy announcement. Eventually we'll get so tired of the "I know something you don't know" that we'll turn on the complex.

Having met and know MM, I have absolutely no reason not to believe him. That said, I also wouldn't be surprised if John doesn't go down easily and if things prolong for years. Wish I knew if MM was just buying the (little) property John owns, or some of the surrounding property too, or if none of that is happening I guess we won't know for some time now but it's all fairly exciting and would be nothing but good if something actually did happen (as long as it doesn't include John/Abby).

Through all this, I can determine one fact: The courses at Highbridge are such high quality, that even with poor management, these courses are still some of the best in the world. Of course I only played Highbridge at 2007 Worlds, so....

But, it really is a testament to how great these courses were designed because I seek out and play the top rated courses when I can. I often play these Top Ten private courses and wonder how in the hell they got so highly rated. The disc golf is gimmicky and second rate at some of these places - but everyone else gushes that these are 5 Star courses. And then I realize, that many of the folks are complimenting the work the private owners have done much more than the quality designs of the courses.

So the fact that HBH can remain highly rated in spite of less than stellar management is quite noteworthy. Can you imagine the reviews if people loved John and Abby as much as they love some of these other private owners?

Blueberry Hill is in my top three courses EVER! I would never care if there was camping or facilities as long as I could play Blueberry, it would be awesome. All the extras are nice, but not really necessary when you have a great course design as the foundation.

So there is hope for HBH as long as the layouts for Blueberry and Granite are properly maintained. I think two great courses are all that is needed to anchor this facility. The rest of the courses at HBH are a bonus!

Through all this, I can determine one fact: The courses at Highbridge are such high quality, that even with poor management, these courses are still some of the best in the world. Of course I only played Highbridge at 2007 Worlds, so....

But, it really is a testament to how great these courses were designed because I seek out and play the top rated courses when I can. I often play these Top Ten private courses and wonder how in the hell they got so highly rated. The disc golf is gimmicky and second rate at some of these places - but everyone else gushes that these are 5 Star courses. And then I realize, that many of the folks are complimenting the work the private owners have done much more than the quality designs of the courses.

So the fact that HBH can remain highly rated in spite of less than stellar management is quite noteworthy. Can you imagine the reviews if people loved John and Abby as much as they love some of these other private owners?

Blueberry Hill is in my top three courses EVER! I would never care if there was camping or facilities as long as I could play Blueberry, it would be awesome. All the extras are nice, but not really necessary when you have a great course design as the foundation.

So there is hope for HBH as long as the layouts for Blueberry and Granite are properly maintained. I think two great courses are all that is needed to anchor this facility. The rest of the courses at HBH are a bonus!

I'm in the same boat, except I feel that way about Granite more than Blueberry. Granite is my absolute no. 1 at that place. Blueberry barely loses out to it though. Just them two courses I would pay $10 a day to play.

Amen, sister.

I'd add Gold to that list though. Blueberry/Granite/Gold would still make it one of the best complexes in the US.

It's nothing super special or unique, but I do enjoy a good round of Woodland Green if for no other reason it can be done quickest when i play with the group of 6 of us that used to go there annually.

Granite is my favorite. Used to be Blueberry, now a close second. Though it is third on my list at Highbridge I also love Gold. If anyone tells me a different order than that I certainly won't argue as they are all three great courses.

The greatest disc golf destination in the world. The Disc Golf Mecca. Granted, I have not played courses all over the world, let alone all over this country. But this FACT has been confirmed for me by more than one person that has played all over the world.

The only bad holes are anything John changed.

Take a miracle, but wouldn't it be amazing if the original course designer showed up one day with all of his original alt position notes spilling out of his dusty old course design notebooks?

Sigh...one can dream I reckon... but this entire thing has been built off of the sweat of dreamers :thmbup:

Latest posts