Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

Was it worth killing a 150 page active DGCR thread? Probably not.

Even though it was a post in this very thread that triggered my initial action, this thread has never been about Highbridge Hills. It's always been about Highbridge Hills drama. I do sincerely appreciate and want to thank the true supporters, don't get me wrong. But, yeah ...

Happy Thanksgiving! Mountain Man

Well, however it turns out, I just want to say that Mountain Man has done more for disc golf than 99% of disc golfers will ever do, and particularly for any disc golfers who had a chance to play at Highbridge Hills since he rescued it.
2nd that! I was never going to make the drive up there when JJ was running the place and you never knew what shape you would find it in upon arrival. Thanks to MM, I finally got to play highbridge 2 summers ago.

Sounds like they are going to sell some land to keep the hill alive. The Bear and current Woodland Greens will be gone.

-Granite Ridge to have 3 pads/3 baskets modeled after Rollin Ridge

-Big plans/improvements for Blueberry Hill led by Chuck Kennedy

-New Woodland Greens clone

-Highbridge to become a non-profit/foundation

-RV hookups

-Showers

-Tom's land in Ironwood (45 minutes NE) to be "Highbridge North" with three courses?

Sounds like they are going to sell some land to keep the hill alive. The Bear and current Woodland Greens will be gone.

-Granite Ridge to have 3 pads/3 baskets modeled after Rollin Ridge

-Big plans/improvements for Blueberry Hill led by Chuck Kennedy

-New Woodland Greens clone

-Highbridge to become a non-profit/foundation

-RV hookups

-Showers

-Tom's land in Ironwood (45 minutes NE) to be "Highbridge North" with three courses?
> Yep On that Ironwood ' Highbridge North " I Played It With MM Himself / Circa 2017 ? . We Played I Believe 35 Holes, Teed off @ 830 Am , Finished About 12:15 . Pretty Sure That Will Be Turned Into a 27 ! , The Other Course was a 19 , short N' technical .For Reference He Had Alot Of help With Scottie " UpShot " Spending ALot of Time Working UP There !!!!!!!!!

I take all this with a grain of salt. For obvious reasons.

First takes from what I got from this thread.

1) Like Monocacy said, what's up with Gold? Losing Bear is terrible. MM had that course playing as one of my legit all time favorites last time I played it. Woodland was a great compliment to the other bruisers on site. If they add another course akin to that that'd be ideal.

2) Last time I played Blueberry it was pretty heavily redesigned. Like freshly cut fairways in places while retaining many of the classic holes. I definitely liked old hole 2 being the new hole 1. That makes the most sense. Old hole 18 was lackluster, while the new 18 was much better, though nearly identical to Granite 18.

3) Where are these RV hookups and campsites going to be located? Showers would be great too. Just unsure where all this is going to be located.

4) When can we expect these things to be in place?

5) The most important one. MM is the man. The work he did up on the hill is borderline miraculous as of the last time I played it in August of 2022. I had a couple buddies from work who played it this past August who vouched for it's awesomeness. Whatever Tom decides to do here has my backing. 100%. If it's open next year in any capacity I'll be back. Regardless of the future, Tom is THE man.

Mountain Man posted the below along with an 'open for the season' message on Facebook.

I thought Gold was undergoing a bit of an overhaul that would see it looking a bit different than it used to. From this map - it looks like the only real changes are to 11-12 and 14-15 and relatively minor?

1713289440804.png