• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] How is GStar Rhyno

I quit throwing rhynos because I loved the old se and pro line and they became too expensive to throw so I moved on to other discs. The 3 GStars I have are the closest thing I've had (other than some specific gum champs) to my old beloved pro lines. With these GStars only being $15 I am back to throwing them. I just love the way the thumbtrac feels.

You should check out the Pro's they have at the factory store. They aren't as soft as SE or Pro Line but they really are great discs. I swapped mine out of my bag to break in my Gstar for the time being.

You should check out the Pro's they have at the factory store. They aren't as soft as SE or Pro Line but they really are great discs. I swapped mine out of my bag to break in my Gstar for the time being.

I have three and the last one I got was b/t Pro Line and SE as far as flex. I can pinch opposite rims together with one hand at about 70% grip. It was red if that makes a difference but I didn't ask for anything specific when I ordered.

The Pros are flexible but not R-Pro soft. There is a very distinct difference. More like a blend between R-Pro and DX.

Thought I would resurrect this thread in hopes that by now there might be some actual info on the G* Rhyno now.

Anyone thrown one for awhile? How do they hold up?

I throw one. I have only ever had this and an old gummy star Ontario( they feel exactly the same and both have very little dome), so I am not sure how this compares to other plastic. It certainly is stable, but not as much fade as I would like. I typically throw the Ontario, so this has very little wear even though I bought it when gstar was first released. I love the disc, but want more fade. Would a gummy champion have more?

I throw one. I have only ever had this and an old gummy star Ontario( they feel exactly the same and both have very little dome), so I am not sure how this compares to other plastic. It certainly is stable, but not as much fade as I would like. I typically throw the Ontario, so this has very little wear even though I bought it when gstar was first released. I love the disc, but want more fade. Would a gummy champion have more?

Maybe- but you could always go with an RDG Scale-cheaper, great plastic, and flies awesome. Shape is similar to a Rhyno.

Maybe- but you could always go with an RDG Scale-cheaper, great plastic, and flies awesome. Shape is similar to a Rhyno.

Yeah, but unless I get the premium plastic one, which I understand is very domey, it will not last as long as I would like. And I like my rhynos flat.

Thought I would resurrect this thread in hopes that by now there might be some actual info on the G* Rhyno now.

Anyone thrown one for awhile? How do they hold up?

Been throwing one for two seasons now. It's held up great with zero gouges, actually had an ace with mine not long after this thread was started last year. Disc hits and sticks well. It's my favorite disc in my bag really.

These discs are not super beefy though, which actually gives it a very nice and controllable flight. They definitely hold up in a wind well but do not have a ton of fade. I still carry a Drone for my shorter range super beef.

Been throwing one for two seasons now. It's held up great with zero gouges, actually had an ace with mine not long after this thread was started last year. Disc hits and sticks well. It's my favorite disc in my bag really.

These discs are not super beefy though, which actually gives it a very nice and controllable flight. They definitely hold up in a wind well but do not have a ton of fade. I still carry a Drone for my shorter range super beef.

Thanks for the info. I have a champ and a DX and I prefer the flight of the DX, so a G* may fit the bill andbe my next Rhyno.

how do gstars compare to champs in stability for anyone who has thrown both? What about compared to gummy champ?

how do gstars compare to champs in stability for anyone who has thrown both? What about compared to gummy champ?

Less stable than stiff champ and very similar in flight to gummy champ, maybe a bit more glide. Pretty much what you'd expect.

I had a g star for a couple of weeks and lost it in the water. I usually throw gummy champ san marinos and I wanted to see the comparison. The G star was not nearly as flat as the champs. It had an even rounded done as opposed to the champ having the flat top with a sort of slope on the edges. Felt great in hand though. They all flew almost identical to one another but I prefer the champ overall for the way it feels in hand for flicks.

What does a domey Rhyno fly like in comparison to a flat top? Just curious as I have seen both. I know everyone want's flat Rhyno's, but in searching through all the Rhyno threads for the last hour, no one says why.

I just got a GStar Rhyno in the mail. It doesn't feel like the other GStar discs I own. It feels like Star not GStar. I guess it might just be because it's a putter. My GStar Firebird, Leopard & Destroyer have more tackiness/grip to them. Anyone else have this experience? Did I just get a bad one? Anyone still throw these?

I just got a GStar Rhyno in the mail. It doesn't feel like the other GStar discs I own. It feels like Star not GStar. I guess it might just be because it's a putter. My GStar Firebird, Leopard & Destroyer have more tackiness/grip to them. Anyone else have this experience? Did I just get a bad one? Anyone still throw these?

I bought a Gstar Aviar a long time ago and wondered why that Gstar blend was less tacky than the drivers I had in Gstar. I've since felt quite a few putters in the store and found them to be similarly slick. It's weird that they use the grippier blend in the drivers and mids and use a slick blend in putters.

Latest posts