• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will possibly be in the Lemon Lake area soon....in order, what would be the better courses to play if I can only play a couple while there.

Red (best in many people's opinions and the original), gold or silver, and white to have an easy, take a break finish.

I will possibly be in the Lemon Lake area soon....in order, what would be the better courses to play if I can only play a couple while there.

white is super fun to warm up. some good ace runs...

then Silver to really get down and play :thmbup:

Gold is a beast.

Red is casual but still challenging

and blue is my least favorite. You prob won't have time for it unless you're playing solo or in a small group and you guys get there early.

I would do White, Silver, GOLD, and cool down with Red. but that's me :D

Blue gets a bad rap because four or five holes are longer, and more open. I definitely prefer it to white.

If I was going it alone, I'd go Blue, Gold, Red, White. Personal preference of course.

But, if you don't have the time, I agree with playing red over blue. Gold is the MUST play.

Last edited:
f you wanna hit it hard and get the hard stuff out of the way, id do silver, gold, take a break to re-hydrate and then go red and then white!

not sure about madison's courses, but if I were you I would head up to rollin ridge if I had a Sunday off.......just bring bug spray and leave your pride at home

I don't think I am going to hit Rolling Ridge until the Silver Creek changes are done. Then get both and finally get up to Winter Park the same day.

I just realized I am at 299 courses. hmmmmmmm. Have to figure out something special.

I don't mind Blue, it's just 5 holes that are out in the open, and they actually break things up a bit and pair well with the wooded shots. I'm with GDBP, Blue over White for me, but still behind Silver/Gold and Red.

Blue takes too long compared to White which has Better ace runs anyway and the signature bath tub hole! Just play every course and you can't go wrong ;)

But make sure u get there when they open and stay till sunset.

I'll be at highland around 4, probably play two rounds there if anyone wants to join.

I don't think I am going to hit Rolling Ridge until the Silver Creek changes are done. Then get both and finally get up to Winter Park the same day.

I just realized I am at 299 courses. hmmmmmmm. Have to figure out something special.

I think those changes are just about done. We were there last weekend and they had the two new holes and about 3 (maybe 4) new tees on others

Heading to St. Louis on Sunday with dmbrun, any suggestions on what would be the best courses to play and which to avoid? Or possibly good courses in the area? Thanks!

^^foundation complex in centralia IL is a must..........i heard they have concrete teepads now. (not really in st louis though)

Jefferson Barracks I here is ok too and looks like fun from the videos I have seen of it

Heading to St. Louis on Sunday with dmbrun, any suggestions on what would be the best courses to play and which to avoid? Or possibly good courses in the area? Thanks!

Check out my reviews, or mashnuts. :cool:

Must play is Crystal City Underground

Check out my reviews, or mashnuts. :cool:

Must play is Crystal City Underground

Crystal City was a must play with one course, now there are two 18 hole courses in the cave. If I were in the area that would be my #1 destination. Closer in to St Louis, Sioux Passage is a big bomb course with nice hills, and Rock Spring is a technical course not too far from there. Jefferson Barracks is a great park style course.

I would recommend Rollin' Ridge. The course will not disappoint. I would play Black and Red then maybe shoot over to Silver Creek to finish the day!

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=5189

I might just play REC tomorrow at Marengo. I'll probably take last, but I miss playing tourneys. My arm never fully healed. Being trying to figure out workarounds for my backhand, but don't get to practice enough.

If I don't do Marengo probably going to have family in tow. Rolling Ridge will be too tough for my pops. Probably just stay more local...you know...within an hour or so.

300th course is probably going to be something off the highway next weekend. Roadtripping through Omaha, Rapid City, Gillette, Fargo, and the Twin Cities. Then going back to Minneapolis for work the 13th through the 17th. Gonna sneak out of work early and get the Duluth stuff one of those days. The 2 Superior, WI courses look unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.