• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan Members (Part III)

^ Community Park and Highland are proven winners from what I hear, Eagle Ridge is excellent from my experience. Travel time to the city from either of those three will be well over an hour.
As for 9 holers, Central Park in Oak Brook is very good, it was recently redone. It is also about half the distance away the city from any of the three above.

:confused:
Over an hour from Joliet or Oswego to the Cell? Only if you drive like my grandmother or try to make that trip during rush hour. Realistically, travel time should not take more than 45 minutes from all 3 courses.

Thanks for the info guys! Looking at the Tigers' weekend away games, it's either Chicago or Toronto (we did Cleveland last year*), but the Blue Jays games are 1:00 PM... evening games mean more time to play. I hope we get a chance to hit a NL ballpark on a weekend in the next couple of years... Cubbies, Pirates, Reds seem quite doable, the Cards might be pushing it for a 2 day weekend.
You could always play Summit again.

Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!! :D
Good times :hfive:
Lemme see how Summit stacks up against Legge & Community after reading what Mashie, Juke and you said in your reviews... I have too much respect for you Diamond's not to take your words into consdieration. ;)

Something tells me I'll be playing them (and a probably few others) before returning to Summit. :rolleyes:

* dude beating that freakin' drum in left field virtually the entire game...we were in the lower deck in center field and it was annoying.

Last edited:
The best selections to get to the south side ball park would be courses where you can get to I-55 easily. This puts Channahon, Highland Park, and KLM at the top of the list. Eagle Ridge is a good course, but it'll take more time to get to. Another option if you want to get more than 18 in on Saturday is to hit The Oaks in Mokena. 27 holes with three different lengths of tees.

Most of the niners are not worth the travel.

In August, leagues are all mid-week. I have no tournaments on the calendar that weekend either (at this time), so you should be good there.

This is spot on.

I'd say Highland, Channy, then KLM. I'm not really all that wild on KLM. Highland longs are quality. Eagle Ridge is also good but as mentioned much more of a drive.

Most of the niners (that I've played at least) suxxorz to the max. If you're looking to bag, then go to town. But if you're looking for quality, stick with the 18ers.

Scummit is, well...Scummit. :gross:

BTW, I think a lot of Chicagoland ratings are a bit inflated...by about .5 - 1 disc. Land's just too scarce in the area to really support super quality courses. :shrugsmiley:

Hit me up if you need more details on anything, D! :thmbup:

*Also, lemme know what seats you got for the game and mebbe I'll show up behind you with a Sox cheering section. ;)

*Also, lemme know what seats you got for the game and mebbe I'll show up behind you with a Sox cheering section. ;)
I'd enjoy that. Gotta talk to my son. I think he's leaning towards Toronto, (because it's pretty much a given that Detroit will have a weekend series in Chi-town any given year), but that 1PM game time really makes it hard to work more courses into the trip. :\

Last edited:
Posted info for my upcoming C-Tiers in the tournament section: 4/19 in Streator and 5/10 in Pontiac.

Anyone going to Eureka Saturday for Plastic Addicts doubles?

Tigers-Sox games are the best. Always get to see a fight amongst the fans.

I'd enjoy that. Gotta talk to my son. I think he's leaning towards Toronto, (because it's pretty much a given that Detroit will have a weekend series in Chi-town any given year), but that 1PM game time really makes it hard to work more courses into the trip. :\

If you end up going to Toronto, I really enjoyed the Toronto Island course. It might be hard to swing with a 1pm gametime though. You need to take a ferry to the course which will eat up a decent chunk of time. The ferry is walking distance from Skydome/Rogers Center.

Nothing to add re: Chicago.

Much obliged to for all the info guys!

Tigers-Sox games are the best. Always get to see a fight amongst the fans.
You talkin' ta me? :mad:
Over the years, Chcago Detroit has had some great sports rivalries:
Pistons / Bulls in the late 80's early 90's was great.
Wings / Hawks have definitely provided some great games and animosity through the years.
Tigers / White Sox - no love lost there.
Lions / Bears :( ...it's just hard to get behind the Lions. Plus it seems the years both teams were good are few and far between (and that's being kind to the Lions).

Hey Jason how's that round lake course coming?

No updates since the latest update from January 14th:

We have only two major items left to
complete on the course before we make the change. These are building the
very last stockade hole for the gold level course which is the same as the
18th hole for the white level and all of the signage that we will need.
In the spring we will start the new mowing patterns and installing of the
mulch in the wooded areas and after the final hole is done we will be ready
to switch all of the baskets to the new configuration. I am hoping that at
the very latest to have this complete during the month of June if not
earlier.

They can't do much during the winter so no work is going to begin until spring time (meaning grass is growing and course is not flooded).

That place is gonna be super sloppy.

Gonna be muddy til atleast May or June. But that's good to hear their almost done with it. Any other new courses pop up that I'm unaware of. I know about Batavia

That place is gonna be super sloppy.

The reason the park was able to be upgraded in the first place was the millennium trail being put in through the middle of the course. Part of that improvement was the bridge over Squaw Creek, which opened up all the extra land. The other part was significantly improved drainage.

While there are still some areas that can get soupy, it's mile better than it was. Not saying it won't be muddy, but if you haven't been out there since the improved drainage, it's not near as bad as it used to be. Once the snow is gone, it shouldn't take too many days for it to dry out.

Thanks for the info guys! Looking at the Tigers' weekend away games, it's either Chicago or Toronto (we did Cleveland last year*), but the Blue Jays games are 1:00 PM... evening games mean more time to play. I hope we get a chance to hit a NL ballpark on a weekend in the next couple of years... Cubbies, Pirates, Reds seem quite doable, the Cards might be pushing it for a 2 day weekend.
Good times :hfive:
Lemme see how Summit stacks up against Legge & Community after reading what Mashie, Juke and you said in your reviews... I have too much respect for you Diamond's not to take your words into consdieration. ;)

Something tells me I'll be playing them (and a probably few others) before returning to Summit. :rolleyes:

* dude beating that freakin' drum in left field virtually the entire game...we were in the lower deck in center field and it was annoying.

John adams has been doing that for 40 years and he is the man.

Thinking about combining DG and baseball with my son: Tigers v. White Sox 7PM Sat 8/30 in Chicago. Plan would be to leave Motown Sat AM, hit a course, (probably won't have time for a 2nd 18 holes Sat, but maybe a niner), catch the game. Hit a couple of courses Sun then head back.

If you do come that weekend, leave a lot of extra time to get back to the city. One Direction is playing at Solider Field on Aug 29th and 30th. There will be a lot of people driving in that area who are not good a driving in the city. It is also the Chicago Jazz Festival. Going directly through The Loop (actual downtown Chicago) will be extremely slow going. Just a heads up. It could take double the time to get to Sox Park.

Hey Jason how's that round lake course coming?

Roman covered all of the important details....hope everyone gets an opportunity to check it out once finished. I will continue to post in-progress pics and other updates along the way.

The work put in by Brett, Chuck and the Round Lake Area Park District staff that will bring Squaw Creek to reality later this year should be considered nothing less than an amazing feat for the Greater Chicagoland disc golf community. :clap::D:clap::D:clap:

So judging by Randy Moore Sr.'s disappointment on Facebook I'm guessing that they finally cut down the trees they were talking about removing at Oswego. Can anyone confirm/deny? Maybe post some pictures? I doubt I'll be able to make it out there until May if not June to see in person.

Latest posts