• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan Members (Part III)

It appears my job is right by union station, so I would guess I would be walking distance to that.

2 blocks from union station is ogilvie transportation center (the train station that comes out by me). The Union Pacific west line. There are a few walkable courses from the train on that line. Commons park in Lombard. Madison Meadows in Lombard. And wheeler park in Geneva. Or, if you wanna get at me and try to coordinate somehow, someway, I could scoop you up from the train and take you wherever I'm playing.

Well, it looks like I am staying in Mettawa now, and I will have a rental car. Any other thoughts now?

Well, it looks like I am staying in Mettawa now, and I will have a rental car. Any other thoughts now?

Mettawa is 15min from me and 5min from my work. They have weekly doubles at Adler park in Libertyville on Tuesdays. Grey Fox is just a 45min drive up north and is a fun course. They have doubles there on Sundays.

Is it random doubles or partners?

Random draw doubles. The doubles at Adler have upper and lower pools and they pair up one person from upper with one person from lower. It's just a 9 hole course but they have two sets of alternates and they alternate week to week from concrete+red, to concrete+blue, to red+blue. Grey Fox doubles are just regular random draw, no upper/lower pools.

I will be there the 13th to the 25th I think. Get in the night of the 13th though

Grey Fox is worth the gas money and drive time. :thmbup:

Thursday night and Saturday morning random draw doubles at Fairfield DGC in Round Lake.

However, Grey Fox is a much better course right now as the others have mentioned.

I think my girlfriend is coming up on the weekend, so I may be able to sneak a round, but I doubt it. I would guess that would be to far to play during the week though :(

Geneva random draw dubs start tonight....
Sign up by 520.....tee off at 530. 7 dollars all in. 24 dollar ace pot carry over from last year. Sign up at pavilion by practice basket near playground.

I think my girlfriend is coming up on the weekend, so I may be able to sneak a round, but I doubt it. I would guess that would be to far to play during the week though :(

Adler Park in Libertyville should not be a problem during the week driving from Mettawa.

Another option to consider while in Mettawa is Bevier Park in Waukegan. It may look like a long drive on the map, but if you take the tollway, it should only be a 20-30 min ride. Our local club has spent a significant amount of time and money on recent improvements there.

Brett is working on that one. It's an old ball golf course. He is hoping to try to convince them to increase the amount of land to be used for disc golf. It's a really awesome piece of property. Here is a picture he posted earlier:

1960023_10152251441997226_1658575148_n.jpg

Is there an active friday league?
DeKalb leagues just moved back to summer schedule, Fridays at 5:15, though I wouldn't travel far to play our generic nine twice around with temps thrown in to keep folks from dozing off.