• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan Members (Part III)

I think he's being a realist. :|

We had a generic niner with some safety issues, then the park district cut down thirty or so trees; combination of borer casualties, damaged trees, and undesirable species. They planted replacement trees but it'll be twenty years before they're big enough to be effective, if they survive that long.

All my pestering over the last coupla years may yield a redesign to 18, they've agreed at least in theory, utilizing another 11 or 12 wooded acres in addition to the area occupied by the current course. Probably looking at minimum of two to three years on this one, if we can push it through.

We had a generic niner with some safety issues, then the park district cut down thirty or so trees; combination of borer casualties, damaged trees, and undesirable species. They planted replacement trees but it'll be twenty years before they're big enough to be effective, if they survive that long.

All my pestering over the last coupla years may yield a redesign to 18, they've agreed at least in theory, utilizing another 11 or 12 wooded acres in addition to the area occupied by the current course. Probably looking at minimum of two to three years on this one, if we can push it through.
I lived In Genoa when Prairie Park went in, but moved away soon after that. I went back a few years later and was surprised at how many trees were gone. Same way with Campton Hills. They were both way below average to begin with, and the loss of trees really hurt them.

Looks like erock and frontflow (whomever they may be) have...

IT'S A MISSION ALAN, GO!!!! :D

Not yet looking to play. Site says still work to do but playable. :clap:

I have no idea, sorry. I know the Geneva league is up and running.

50 Acre Park

Here is a overview of 50 Acre Park. As a resident of Beverly, this park is moments away and what a delight that the south side has a disc golf park again. Veterans might remember Oak Lawn had one, but vandals kept breaking the baskets.

Overall the coarse is excellent. Roughly thirteen of the drives make use of the the lengthy two hills that run north-south. The regular course is challenging and the long course is tough. Not all drives have a separate long course tee. For example, drive eight is only served by one tee.

Not all tee markers have a sign, but there is a post. It may take one or two rounds to find every tee.

The feel of the course is similar to Katherine Legge but not as pretty. The drive lengths are reminiscent of Highland but not as wooded.

The big downer is that the middle of the first hill is not sodded, thus its muddy but improving. There is another swath of mud on drive fourteen. Fifteen, sixteen and seventeen are plagued by a soggy field, but there is grass.

The two water shots are not intimidating. However, a poorly thrown disc will be in the drink. On windy days play a floater for added confidence.

Although construction is happening, all holes can be played. Eighteen is partially obstructed by a wall of mud but can be accessed from the south.

This course plays north to south and back. If the wind is coming out of the south, the course will play considerably longer. The lack of trees allows the wind to create much trouble and will press down on a disc when throwing with the current.

If you plan to play numerous rounds, bring a chair, because there is nowhere to sit. One port-o-potty is at the parking lot or you can use the field house across the street. Taking a leak will not be a discreet action and thus your genitalia will be exposed to the world because the course does not have much forest.

Lastly, EP police are looking to pull knuckleheads over for speeding and anything else. Show respect and they will leave you alone.

I hope this helps. Throw long and prosper!

Just played alder park and red fox. Two more states down. 41 to go.

Got out to throw some of the Squaw Creek fairways today. Can't wait for the course to open. I get giddy just thinking about it. Here are some pictures:

Gold hole 4 - 720ft par 4. Downhill boomer with swamp in play on the left side. Elevated basket just past the swamp.
1798416_830169418615_4314355286260239688_n.jpg

Gold hole 7 - 545ft par 4. Fairway goes across the creek (mando drive must land over the creek) then bends right, goes up a hill and finishes back left.
10155149_830169698055_9112935666099619609_n.jpg

Gold hole 16 - 305ft par 3. Down across the creek, under the branch and slightly back up hill.
10264803_830111599485_6383275769115770853_n.jpg

Gold hole 11 - 675ft par 5. Fairway down hill then turns left as it goes back up hill, flattens out, then continues tight and straight to the basket, slowly down hill with a drop behind basket.
1912107_830111714255_1972361806649442408_n.jpg

Gold hole 10 - 565ft par 4. Downhill tee shot with fairway bending slightly right then straightening out with an OB pond short of the protected green.
10169347_830111689305_2759676480827224125_n.jpg

Last edited: