• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

In-competition smoking banned at 2011 PDGA Pro & Am Worlds

I haven't read to much of this discussion but I am with Fritz. I am an athlete and things like smoke that could potentially damage my health frustrates me. I am very sensitive to smoke and I will usually get nasty headaches from smelling secondhand smoke. My most recent tournament the banned smoking due to drought conditions (which are really bad) and it turned out to be one of my most enjoyable tourneys. I think it is a good decision and support it fully.

Not sure if this has been linked here yet. The PDGA has issued a statement on their website.

http://www.pdga.com/worlds-smoking-ban

Aren't am world's in NY? There's no drought there is there? So are they are just trying to gauge amateur reaction to such a ban, or inconvenience ams as much as pros?

california has some very strict smoking policies so i have seen that coming during worlds this year.

i hope they do not make that a permanent rule for ALL PDGA events. people that are rude smokers all you have to do is tell them step step away, but if they do not listen then they are people you will hate playing with for anything else. they are just rude in general, not because they are smokers.

ruschbag knows i try my best to not smoke but if i have to it doesnt get in the way of anyone else. i literally go out of my way to makes everyone else comfortable.

it is the never ending, non-winning debate of rude vs. stick in the a$$.

fucking asshole smokers. dont you realize that if youre smoking, youre making babies gallavanting through the park get cancer. YOU are responsible for BABYS cancer.

way to go, dick.

masterbeato said:
california has some very strict smoking policies so i have seen that coming during worlds this year.

although it might not be enforced as much as some would like, smoking inside of la mirada regional park is a ticketable offense. i'm sure many more parks in california will adopt the same policy in the future.

Latest posts