• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Bullfrog

Bf flies nothing like a scale. Scale pops up and wants to hyzer, bf just flies like a brick wherever you point it.

I also see few similarities with a wiz, although their flights are a lot more similar than a scale. Wiz has noticeably more glide than a bf.

What I want to know is when will I find a beadless bullfrog? I love the disc, the flight and feel of the xt is great but man... don't like beads. So close!

Try a Pig. It is beadless and shallow, and the Pro plastic is grippy and pretty durable. You can beat that stability off over time, and create a cycle. We do need another plastic option or 2 for the Pigs, but Pro is pretty fantastic.

I have a Bulldog. It has a very thick rim, and was made to float on water. Not a bad disc, and nothing like the Bullfrog.

Bulldog is a Hydra with a straight or round Wing/Rim. It reminds me of a Wizard. The Hydra reminds me of a OS Version of the Magnet/Titanic/Clutch disc. I like the DX 170 gram Hydra my dad has that he uses as his water disc/occasional approach disc but I use the Magnet for putter and now have a slow midrange disc with a similar type no bead Wing/Rim to the Magnet.

Last edited:
Is the Bullfrog close to a K3 BERG in feel and flight?

Not close.

Berg is super slow, has a unique "lid like" feel.

The BF is a faster, beaded PnA.

They both have little glide and a straightish flight but they feel totally different.

I'd tried the Bullfrog out for a round this weekend and practiced putting in a gym with it today. For what it's worth, my regular putter is a Sinus. This BF comes out of my hand fast. There were several times that it hit the pole dead center and bounced back out. You have to commit to your putt when you throw it or it will dump fast. When it hits the band it reminds me of a rubber ball bouncing off with a lot of energy which could lead to long 2nd putts and roll aways (in the gym it would roll forever). I also blasted through the chains more than with my Sinus. I had a hard time judging approach shots at first because I was not putting enough on it and was expecting more glide.
As far as putting the learning curve is small and it flies straight. I love the way the XT plastic feels and the Bullfrog is comfortable in my hand. Overall, I like it and i'll play a few more rounds with it to see if it could possibly make the bag.

Got two proto stars, and after a couple days just ordered three more, going to be my main putter. I will also be using one for 200' duty.

I honestly don't know what people are talking about when they mention glide. To me, glide is equivalent to hang time; how long the disc stays in the air. Under that definition, the bullfrog has a ton of glide. On the flip side, it flies like it is dragging a parachute. So all that time in the air doesn't result in more distance. I think the flight is very similar to a Tank, another disc that I believe has plenty of glide but has a reputation of being glideless.

The other head scratcher has been the reports of how it feels. It is a colt bottom with an aviar3 top, no doubt in my mind. It feels like taller colt in the hand.

Driving - Exactly like a beat in Tank. Straight, but never flippy, holds the line without a ton of lateral movement. Easy to throw hard, but will always land about 20' shy of where you think.

Putting - Flat putters FEEL great for me, but I get poor results because of the stall out. For some reason, the bullfrog doesn't stall like other flat discs. I putted them side by side a stack of Aviar3's, and the Aviar3's would stall out and fade, while the bullfrogs would track. These are very straight putters.

Got mine yesterday, three FR 175g in lovely pink colour. New XT Plastic feels great in hand and so does the Bullfrog. Small bead is right sized and don't trouble the grip ja FAF top gives you a nice and tacky grip. Tested Bullfrog today, only about 30 throws and had space with max only 150 feet. And boy, I was suprised! Very easy to throw, easy to release and Bullfrog hold every line, hyzers, straight and annies. Very low on glide, flies just that you put efort for it. Think 230'ish will be max distance for me with Bullfrog.

I've been a Rhyno thrower for last decade, and love my oldies but goodies Pro Rhynos. Alltougth for a while I've been a little out of confidience with my Rhynos, somekind of grip problem. Can't trust now days that I get clean release with these. Maybe the Bullfrog is answer to me. Pigs and Aviars too sharp for my fingers. Last season tried also Rat, but never get 100% trust for holding lines.

I'm very exited for this disc to find a place from my bag.

Can someone link to a video of a smooth, 150-200ft flat shot both BH and FH? I would like see how this thing really performs aside from the hype and suppositions.

I have been following this guy since 2015 when I started getting back into the sport after stopping mostly since early 2009. I had started a bit before for a bit in 2014 more an update on taking discs out of the bag that did not work, as well as figuring out a better putting stance then the bad unusable one that I used before I quit, was good with a crappy putt before because I was playing more. I still do not do brothers way, the Dave Feldburg style of putting the way he wants me to putt, I use a more open body facing the basket type putt.

Just picked up a Bullfrog. So far, this disc is pretty awesome. As a convert from throwing all Discraft, this disc feels a lot like a Ringer to me. It's a little deeper, but very similar in the hand.

I have about 3 rounds with my Bullfrog. My go to putter is a Magnet. I'm not sure if the Bullfrog is going to replace it but for upshots it goes straight for a surprising distance and then fades out. At low speed it fades immediately. I do like the feel, but the lack of glide make it difficult to adjust to in the circle.

The Bullfrog is a faster Serpent.

No turn, No fade, Minimal glide.

So far I am reallllly digging the BF for approaching the basket.

I have always liked approaching with lower lines than a traditional putter prefers and the BF performs nicely at mid range height.

They just push towards the basket and settle down.

The Bullfrog is a faster Serpent.

No turn, No fade, Minimal glide.

So far I am reallllly digging the BF for approaching the basket.

I have always liked approaching with lower lines than a traditional putter prefers and the BF performs nicely at mid range height.

They just push towards the basket and settle down.

The bullfrog WISHES it was the Serp!