• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova DX plastic blend

For awhile I was convinced disc mania D-line was the version of DX from the 2000s as somebody else compared recent runs to. However, I recently felt up a bunch of DX at pias and came to the same conclusion that the too waxy era of DX that the tween age knew (-2014) had come to an end. However.... I just got a CFR flat top DX rhyno that is so firm and waxy it feels more like old pro, or maybe some of the new r-"pro" factory store runs. Haven't thrown it yet. Waiting to beat my current one more.Super curious though

A few weeks ago I ordered a stack of Discmania P1Xs from the Discmania store and they were the new blend. At the time they just ran out of P2s so I waited a few weeks for a new batch of those and ordered as soon as they hit the site. It is some of the best DX plastic in a long time and reminiscent of the good stuff years ago. Firm with just a little give and very tacky. The release is so smooth and accurate with these. You can tell these will only get better with age. When I picked up some DX Thunderbirds I figured this new blend would eventually find its way into most molds. The Thunderbirds are a little stiffer than my P2s but definitely the same base of DX. Hope Dave ordered a ton of this plastic. Also look for new XT soon. I ordered a few X-line P1Xs and they feel just a little softer and more durable than the new DX blend but very close to the same thing. Being a little softer they should be money this winter. Between KC Pro/McPro and this new DX it's a good time for baseline plastic.

Last edited:
The DX Thunderbirds are the benchmark huh, I need to get my hands on one to see where the bar is now. See what I'm missing, or if it compared to my new DX polecat blend.

Latest posts