• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Issues Report Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@DeanMoriarty and I encountered a weird one.

I'm certain that I added 5-6 photos for this practice area last fall. Ontonagon Township Park But they seem to have vanished (I just reuploaded one of them to test, and so that there was one image of the place available. I don't have the other ones anymore).

I'm pretty sure I also added 2 photos for this other practice area around that same time. Those are gone too, but other photos taken by other users remain. John D Besse Park

I debated whether to even report this since it seems so isolated. Clearly, looking at that second practice area it must not be a universal problem with practice areas. And I uploaded plenty of other photos around that same time that seem fine based on my spot check. Maybe just putting this out there in case anyone else has seen something similar?

I confirm we had some images for this course but they were not carried over for some reason
images attached if you want to repost them
it seems that any photo not associated with a hole # didn't make the transition. i had one of Sunridge Middle School - Media ,but it was just 1 photo & i didn't really care, but there were quite a few others like the plane at nad & others that had the park sign or other helpful navigational images to get to the course. @Dev can all those photos get restored?

it seems that any photo not associated with a hole # didn't make the transition. i had one of Sunridge Middle School - Media ,but it was just 1 photo & i didn't really care, but there were quite a few others like the plane at nad & others that had the park sign or other helpful navigational images to get to the course. @Dev can all those photos get restored?
Ooo I think that might be it. I'm pretty sure I uploaded some non-hole photos of this one too (it has funny navigational signage) Big Chuck DGC - Media

If that is indeed the case, definitely want all those photos back.

Rant time.

How come when sorting the top rated courses by state North Dakota shows not a single one? Wyoming has one. I have the filters set to "Any" for number of reviews and "Any" for the low to high rating. Every possible box on the far right column is checked for type of course. I have private, p2p, and show extinct checked too.

Echo Valley and Caeser Ford in OH don't show on the list at all. Same filters set. Prides Creek in IN is also not on the list for that state. It's rated a 4.5, Seviren Lang shows as the top rated with a 4.21. As far as I can tell Prides fits all of the criteria of being either tempoary, seasonal, permanent or practice. It's not private, p2p or extinct either as far as I can tell. Which I have filtered to show anyway.

Are we going to actually get any of this shit fixed or not? Have the filters reset when logging out ffs. There's been more than enough people mentioning that as being a pain in the ass. It is.

I've contributed a lot to this site. I'm running out of patience. And I'm pretty patient.

Prince Dislike GIF

Is there any way to search ALL course names now? We used to be able to do that. I see I can search for a name within a radius, but seeing a new course pop up with a name I know from around here made me try to see if they could've at least tried to find out if their 'new' name was unique.

Rant time.

How come when sorting the top rated courses by state North Dakota shows not a single one? Wyoming has one. I have the filters set to "Any" for number of reviews and "Any" for the low to high rating. Every possible box on the far right column is checked for type of course. I have private, p2p, and show extinct checked too.

Echo Valley and Caeser Ford in OH don't show on the list at all. Same filters set. Prides Creek in IN is also not on the list for that state. It's rated a 4.5, Seviren Lang shows as the top rated with a 4.21. As far as I can tell Prides fits all of the criteria of being either tempoary, seasonal, permanent or practice. It's not private, p2p or extinct either as far as I can tell. Which I have filtered to show anyway.

Are we going to actually get any of this shit fixed or not? Have the filters reset when logging out ffs. There's been more than enough people mentioning that as being a pain in the ass. It is.

I've contributed a lot to this site. I'm running out of patience. And I'm pretty patient.

Prince Dislike GIF
In order to make it to the top courses list, a course needs at least 20 reviews. I previously used a weighed rating system that considered both the total number of reviews and the overall rating for sorting top-rated courses, but this caused complaints. I'll do my best to find a suitable solution to address this issue.
Pro tip .. you can turn off map view in main course map page .. this will allow you to see full list of courses and sort/filter them the way you want

1) Courses are not shown on the map. For instance McCormick Park in St Helens Or does not show on the map. Neither does Sand Island Marine Park a mile away. They both have Lat/Lon that point to the correct locations.

2) In the mobile app I am unable to mark courses played. I always get the error - "This course can't be unplayed because you have recorded a round, tip, or review on DGCR.". This happens on all recent courses I have played, with the latest example being Mt Ashland's Siskiyou Crest DGC.

3) Disc Baggers info lists more than 50 States. For instance, the courses completed by Avery Jenkins indicates he has played courses in 57 States.

Is there any way to search ALL course names now? We used to be able to do that. I see I can search for a name within a radius, but seeing a new course pop up with a name I know from around here made me try to see if they could've at least tried to find out if their 'new' name was unique.
Yes, should work by just doing a search at top of page. Rather than leaving the search for Everywhere, change it to Courses"

DGCR.jpg

In order to make it to the top courses list, a course needs at least 20 reviews. I previously used a weighed rating system that considered both the total number of reviews and the overall rating for sorting top-rated courses, but this caused complaints. I'll do my best to find a suitable solution to address this issue.
Pro tip .. you can turn off map view in main course map page .. this will allow you to see full list of courses and sort/filter them the way you want

That worked. Seems cumbersome. Not having a single "top rated" course in North Dakota is still pretty dumb though. Especially if the filters are set to any rating and number of reviews.

The old site had a minimum of 21 reviews, I believe, to be considered for the top ten on the main page (which would be awesome to have back). It was only 10 or 11 reviews to make it onto a single states "top rated" list. This makes SOOO much more sense.

A perfect example Is Iwen Park-North in Fargo ND. It's racked up a total of 12 reviews since 2013. That's ten years now. At this rate It'll be about 2030 before it's a "top rated" course in ND. Jamestown Reservoir in Jamestown ND has been around since 2007. It has 8 reviews. That course is great, I'm even one of the 8 reviews and I live almost 8 hours away. That course has no chance at this rate.

I don't understand what you meant by your method of a weighted rating system. Or why people were complaining about it. I appreciate your response but maybe @greens should ponder this.

Also. Filters should reset when logging off or whatever you call it. I'm filing a formal complaint on that now. :sneaky:

Yes, should work by just doing a search at top of page. Rather than leaving the search for Everywhere, change it to Courses"

View attachment 321093
Thank You for showing that dropdown. Somehow I missed it. But you do need to select 'Courses', else the search result returns only forum posts.

3) Disc Baggers info lists more than 50 States. For instance, the courses completed by Avery Jenkins indicates he has played courses in 57 States.

Canadian provinces count as "states" - this is consistent with the old site.

The only change I have seen is that the programming now counts Washington, D.C. as a state.

1) Courses are not shown on the map. For instance McCormick Park in St Helens Or does not show on the map. Neither does Sand Island Marine Park a mile away. They both have Lat/Lon that point to the correct locations.
These show up on the map for me. Maybe something related to the filter issue that wolfhaley reported?

(PS yeah, I agree with the others that filters should reset at the end of the browser session).

2) In the mobile app I am unable to mark courses played. I always get the error - "This course can't be unplayed because you have recorded a round, tip, or review on DGCR.". This happens on all recent courses I have played, with the latest example being Mt Ashland's Siskiyou Crest DGC.
This one is well known I believe. My guess is that it will be fixed when a new version of the app drops. I use the Android app to score my rounds and it seems to still work for counting the course played when I do it that way. But course condition updates don't work.

When I have been posting links lately, it seems they've all been accompanied by a broken image:
1697209787256.png
Visually jarring feature. Could that be removed or fixed?

I can answer this one, it has always counted counties or providences as "States" It did on the old web site and I assume it is still doing that.

Is there a way to reincorporate 'Updated' reviews to appearing at the top of the list? Those can often be as helpful as new reviews.
Updated reviews by Trusted Reviewers are especially helpful, because they often include additional context and long-term views of a course.

@greens - pushing new updates up to the top frankly gives more incentive for reviewers to write updates. You want more fresh review context? This is an easy way to promote it.

These show up on the map for me. Maybe something related to the filter issue that wolfhaley reported?

(PS yeah, I agree with the others that filters should reset at the end of the browser session).

This one is well known I believe. My guess is that it will be fixed when a new version of the app drops. I use the Android app to score my rounds and it seems to still work for counting the course played when I do it that way. But course condition updates don't work.
Thanks, sure enough, some filter of some sort. I will have to remember to turn those off every time. And I will ignore the app for a while I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts