• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Kastaplast

I bought a Kaxe and KaxeZ at the same time recently. The regular one is in soft. The stability of these two is reversed. The regular one is dead straight for the most part and turns a little into the wind while the Z doesn't turn at all.

I bought a Kaxe and KaxeZ at the same time recently. The regular one is in soft. The stability of these two is reversed. The regular one is dead straight for the most part and turns a little into the wind while the Z doesn't turn at all.

Plastic choice probably impacts that, K1 soft tends to be less stable than K1, but even with both being K1, the regular Kaxe has a touch more turn and fade than the Z. A fresh K1 Kaxe drifts into a headwind or max power rip for me, a Kaxe Z does not.

Got two Gulds in recently. After throwing both, they will sit in a box waiting for wind season if we ever get any. Way too beefy for my speed.

I had bought a recent run of K1 Glow Lots off OTB. When I got it, I was disappointed in just how badly it glowed compared to basically all my other glow discs, even the likes of Innova and Discraft. It barely lit up or sustained its glow when I shone a 365nm UV light onto it. I bought a 365nm as opposed to the more conventional 395mm because I wanted less light pollution and and a shorter wavelength to maximize the charge in the glow particles. I thought I had gotten a dud run of K1 Glow, but after a field session today with all of my glow discs, when I came back to my place I noticed that the Lots was lit up as brightly as my LoneStar stuff. I assumed that the full spectrum sunlight excited the glow particles in the K1 Glow better than 365nm UV. Is all Kastaplast glow picky about what wavelength it needs?

I had bought a recent run of K1 Glow Lots off OTB. When I got it, I was disappointed in just how badly it glowed compared to basically all my other glow discs, even the likes of Innova and Discraft. It barely lit up or sustained its glow when I shone a 365nm UV light onto it. I bought a 365nm as opposed to the more conventional 395mm because I wanted less light pollution and and a shorter wavelength to maximize the charge in the glow particles. I thought I had gotten a dud run of K1 Glow, but after a field session today with all of my glow discs, when I came back to my place I noticed that the Lots was lit up as brightly as my LoneStar stuff. I assumed that the full spectrum sunlight excited the glow particles in the K1 Glow better than 365nm UV. Is all Kastaplast glow picky about what wavelength it needs?

There was a batch of "low glow" lots last year. Most were advertised as such, seems like you got one.
Generally Kasta is top of the food chain along with mvp and rpm. LSD glows great too and gateway is still good, just not keeping up with the new choices especially if you have a good set up.

And regarding wavelength, I have charged my Kasta with a cell phone flashlight adequately in the past. Wavelength isn't an issue.

And regarding wavelength, I have charged my Kasta with a cell phone flashlight adequately in the past. Wavelength isn't an issue.

Which is weird, because this Glow Lots responds better to anything outside of UV wavelengths, while generally strong glow like Eclipse 2.0 and LoneStar Glow don't respond to anything other than UV. If all other Kastaplast responds well to UV, then I guess I just got that bad batch like you said.

Which is weird, because this Glow Lots responds better to anything outside of UV wavelengths, while generally strong glow like Eclipse 2.0 and LoneStar Glow don't respond to anything other than UV. If all other Kastaplast responds well to UV, then I guess I just got that bad batch like you said.

Still wild, I don't know enough to know what materials respond to different things but that's surprising.

Sad news, Kasta did announce another bad batch of glow this year but they stamped all of them stating "no glow". 3 molds effected this time.

Since 2018 they have stamped year on to their glow releases, so i appreciate that as well. Everything I have owned 2017-2022 have been quality.

I have also noticed the same with my mockingbird, I didn't realize it would glow so well until I built the glow box.

Yes, Kasta is picky about UV lights, you need 395 to get full glow.

Got two Gulds in recently. After throwing both, they will sit in a box waiting for wind season if we ever get any. Way too beefy for my speed.

This is a bit old, but have you gotten to throw these much? I was on a card with a guy who was bombing these about a month ago and it had me interested.

We were trading off longest drive for 36 holes, it was pretty fun.

Yes, Kasta is picky about UV lights, you need 395 to get full glow.

Interesting. I will check my flashlight. My waterproof strip lights in my glow bag setup are 395, so I guess I lucked out.

52530017253_8f334d26c3.jpg

Sorry for the non kasta disc up front. I promise theres plenty of kasta gems in there too (including my holy grail K2 glow Berg)

Who knows how accurate amazon 390-400nm strip light is to 395nm, but I do have to admit that my 2.0 glow proxy glows brighter than my kasta. Both plenty bright and similar duration.

I love that kasta stepped the bar up a few notches and other brands are trying to match. My Mockingbird glows great (a step below the kasta) and even my 2022 Glow Buzzz is barely a step behind that. Before Kasta Gateway was the only company that, sometimes, made glow that can stand up with the new options.

This is a bit old, but have you gotten to throw these much? I was on a card with a guy who was bombing these about a month ago and it had me interested.

We were trading off longest drive for 36 holes, it was pretty fun.

I have not. I used a strategy with them that has worked in the past. I gave them both to a high power player to use until they stated turning too much for him. He hasn't returned them to me, so I am assuming they are still stable enough for him.

Picked up a K1 and K3 Reko today for throwing and putting. I've been working on finding a mold that I can drive and putt with premium and baseline plastics available. Man, the hype for the Reko is real. For putting they do exactly what my Aviar P&As did, but in MUCH better plastic. Plus a premium plastic option that doesn't mold up a lot taller was a good selling point. I also picked up a Jarn and Stal to try since I'm experimenting with my OS discs more and they're amazing too. Glad I'm giving Kastaplast a try, they're amazing discs.

A buddy of mine said I should try a K1 Soft Falk, so I just got one and it feels nice. Flight seems a bit finicky at speed but tons of glide.

Glow Rask

Last time out to the field I brought a somewhat beat glow Rask I found in a creek. K1 plastic, very similar to Innova glow champion. Unknown weight. Not much dome. Fairly flat disc.

My experience with the Rask is pretty limited. I threw a brand new one a little bit several years ago. It was very overstable and glideless. Reminiscent of something like an Ape or Nuke OS.

This glow Rask is way different. It behaves like a somewhat beat Destroyer or Boss. Not an overly wide rim, but it's shallow. The Rask has some zip, and gets downrange pretty fast. Released hard and flat it turns a little before coming back pretty hard at the end.

I'd rate the glow Rask at 13, 4, -1.5, 3. Long disc. I was able to creep this thing over 450' a couple times.

I know the Rask isn't supposed to be flippy. I think this one just has the stability beat out of it. Very pleasant disc to throw, and it impressed me from a distance standpoint. This particular Rask is noticeably faster and longer than any Grym I've ever thrown. Grym never impressed me. It seems to be between 11 and 12 speed, and flips at the wrong time.

On a side note, this Rask glows way brighter than any other brand's glow discs. It's almost startlingly bright.

Yeah, I've moved from Wardens to Reko's about 10 months ago and don't regret it at all. K1 Soft for putting, and another beat K3 and a K1 Soft for throwing.

Picked up a K1 and K3 Reko today for throwing and putting. I've been working on finding a mold that I can drive and putt with premium and baseline plastics available. Man, the hype for the Reko is real. For putting they do exactly what my Aviar P&As did, but in MUCH better plastic. Plus a premium plastic option that doesn't mold up a lot taller was a good selling point. I also picked up a Jarn and Stal to try since I'm experimenting with my OS discs more and they're amazing too. Glad I'm giving Kastaplast a try, they're amazing discs.

In my putter journey I tried and didn't like the Reko. I really wanted to, but as a throwing putter I found it to be less stable than I needed. The Reko X was more stable, maybe almost too much for general throwing putter duties.

Kind of made me sad, because K1 is amazing plastic.

Latest posts