• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Kastaplast

Same, The Kaxe needs to be more OS. Even if they over correct a little I would probably switch back to them.

I was hoping for more separation between the two I have. Was pretty disappointed.

hmmm.

I have both in K1 Soft and I can defiantly tell the difference in air. In hand a...maybe not so much. My Z wants to flip the regular is more resistant to it. ymmv

I was hoping for more separation between the two I have. Was pretty disappointed.

They initially had a little more difference, but KaxeZ was never quite flippy. Good Kaxe were more stable/OS than current.

I used to say Kaxe is a slower teebird while the Kaxe Z was a faster buzzz. These day buzzz are a touch more stable than they used to be and Kaxe are less. There never was a ton of room for both. When I was all kasta I had a flippier run K2 KaxeZ broken in, a Beat K1 Kaxe, and a fresh big K Kaxe. Sometimes a K3 kaxe or two. More OS to start and powered down and flew more like a mid. Almost used em like K3 were mids and k1 were fairways. Silly cause the kaxe is amazing for a minimal bag and mine was trending to be anything but.

I still contest that a Kaxe could be a great core for a very minimal bag. I could carry Trowing putter, Kaxe, Stable 9/10 speed, flippy 9/10 speed, distance driver and score well with only 5 discs.

Kaxe used to show no turn at all until they'd been beaten in pretty well. The last few years they've flown much less HSS. I'd say big K Kaxe with 1yr wear=today's Kaxe. Kaxe Z seems to fly like a Kaxe nowadays, just a bit less fade. Haven't bought one in a while, but my 4yr old one is my most HSS Kaxe of any type, it's gained HSS and lost LSS as it's beaten in

Just saw this:

My theory is that the Stig will replace the Kaxe Z as a neutral-to-understable mid/fairway, probably similar speed to the Kaxe Z but more understable to distinguish it from the Kaxe.

The Krut and Guld will probably be a 1-2-punch replacement for the Grym and Grym X. I think they're among Kastaplast's less popular molds and the Guld has been a much bigger success so far. I'm guessing the Krut will be a tick slower than the Guld and probably more neutral-to-understable, kind of like the Grym or maybe between the Grym and Grym X, flippy Wraith-esque, maybe.

The internet seems to be up in arms about the discontinuation of these disks. So many people are blaming Lat64 and the associated investment firm House of Discs, it's pretty funny.

My theory is that the Stig will replace the Kaxe Z as a neutral-to-understable mid/fairway, probably similar speed to the Kaxe Z but more understable to distinguish it from the Kaxe.

The Krut and Guld will probably be a 1-2-punch replacement for the Grym and Grym X. I think they're among Kastaplast's less popular molds and the Guld has been a much bigger success so far. I'm guessing the Krut will be a tick slower than the Guld and probably more neutral-to-understable, kind of like the Grym or maybe between the Grym and Grym X, flippy Wraith-esque, maybe.

Yeah, it's this. The Kaxe Z was never that different from the regular version, certainly not enough to warrant production resources that could be spent on other molds, and people have been complaining about the inconsistency of the two Grym molds for ages.

The internet seems to be up in arms about the discontinuation of these disks. So many people are blaming Lat64 and the associated investment firm House of Discs, it's pretty funny.

Yeah, it's this. The Kaxe Z was never that different from the regular version, certainly not enough to warrant production resources that could be spent on other molds, and people have been complaining about the inconsistency of the two Grym molds for ages.

I get it from the business perspective. The Grym and GrymX consistency was slipping as the covid boom started. I would have loved to see the GrymX mold get fixed/replaced and them pump out a killer batch of pop top GrymX to try and bring excitement back to the mold, but a new mold will sell better.

So it looks like the Stig is going to be 6/5/-2/1 with a release date of the 20th of april.

Squall is the closest direct in production replacement for a KaxeZ. SP if you liked the more stable Z or PL if you liked the flippier one.

Discraft/DGA Z plastic isn't nearly as nice as Kastaplast K1 or soft.

I'm bad enough that the mold isn't as important as the feel & look!

I was gifted a Gote my 1st year playing, love it.
Gyrm, idk I don't have the arm for 13 speed.
FALK uggh was a custom printed Les Claypool disc. Lost 1st round throwing it. Didn't know rule #1 at the time put your name and number on it.
Going to be the weirdo who doesn't like the Berg much.

Has anyone tried the Stig?

It looks far less stable than the KaxeZ from videos I've seen.

The regular Kaxe appears to be the best KaxeZ replacement, which is fine.

KaxeZ got deleted because it was too similar, and they had more room in the lineup on the understable side so the Z got the axe instead of the (virtually identical) Kaxe.

edit : you had to know that Les Claypool disc was going to suck!

Latest posts