• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Leopard replacement

MVP relay might be a good choice. Only had one round in with it thus far but love the smaller 6ish speed rim and its ability to fly on different angles while giving a unique flight is something I haven't seen from any other similar speed disc. It holds a hyzer line VERY well yet also will turn easily from flat. Not sure ive thrown a disc similar to it but the leo definitely comes to mind. will be released on Friday in the circuit stamps and soon to be full production stock id assume.

this new run of neutron plastic is pretty soft and gummy plus only gets better with time. No worries on finding replacements either which fly the same with MVP really you are pretty safe.

Westside Seer. But that is only if you don't want to just break in some new Leo's. Although I think they fly more like a Cheetah, Seer's are still really close to a Leopard.

Thanks for the suggestions. I forgot about the river. I have a few of those in a box. I'll break them out again. Might look into some other stuff too. That particular leopard was pretty US compared to many of the other ones i've tried/have. I'd put it closer to an underworld than say the patriots/star leos i have. I used it for big sky anny lines and heavy tailwinds mostly. Gstar leopard is sounding like a buy for me at some point. Most of the legacy stuff i've come across is pretty rock hard but i'll keep an eye out on that too.

Patriot! .. i was a diehard Leo thrower for 5+ years (old pro-line, pre barry, etc.) and the Patriots kicked them out with a flawless victory! .. if i wasnt such a Patriot nut i would vote for the Fd .. it too is a great mold and very similar flight path

I know you didn't like the Patriot you tried but, try again. I have a Pinnacle Patriot that feels like soft CE plastic and I love it. The other advantage (for me anyway) is that the Patriot has a little deeper rim, a serious plus if you have bigger hands. Mine is a tick more stable than my Pro Leopard, but not enough to really fuss over and it is a bit longer.

I don't think the FD really fits the roll, it's a good bit longer and doesn't have the same flight path, same with the River.

ABSOLUTELY an FD

I threw PFN, Pre Barry Leopards....until I threw an FD. 3rd and 5th runs are readily available, and are in the Jolly Launcher plastic. Which in case you didn't know is on the soft side. They glide for days. Out of the box, they wont be as US as your leopard but will beat in nicely and then you can have a nice combination with a fresh and seasoned one.

Ive heard the FD be described as being between a Leopard and a Teebird. And I feel that is accurate out the box. And then it beats in to become more leopard like, but youll be able to throw it a little harder then the Leopard.

When I replaced my Leopards with FD's I literally started shaving strokes immediately. Two holes in particular at two different courses that I had never deuced before became pretty consistend 2s. One of them being a 445 ft down hill shot with woods lining both sides of the 80ft wide fairway (hole 13 at North GA Canopy Tours). The other being a tight wooded hole that needs to go straight for 300ft then fade ever so slightly (hole 7 at East Roswell Park).

Gstar leopard is sounding like a buy for me at some point. Most of the legacy stuff i've come wacross is pretty rock hard but i'll keep an eye out on that too.

Just a heads up, the gstar run I recommended is not understable when new by any measure. I would guess if you found one used in the 5-7 range, you'd run no risk of getting something flippy. Mines about a 5-6 (hard to judge with gstar) and it still comes back at the very end when flexed hard if you give it 12+ feet of height.

Sky anny to the ground it will not, yet.

I currently throw a Leopard, but I still have a stash of white Icon Patriots that I used to use in this slot. They are sneaky long with a slightly US flight. Still, they don't fly exactly like a Leopard IMO. The Patriots I threw, at least when fresh, had a bit more fade at the end of the flight. I would actually compare the flight to an Eagle-L rather than a Leopard, but YMMV.

I was super happy with my Patriots, but I stumbled across a dayglow pre-barry leopard in the old indestructible hard champ plastic in the PIAS used bun...and I am loving it. If I lose it, I will be throwing the Patriot back in the bag. The Patriot is a really good option for the US fairway slot. I don't think you will be disappointed if you go that route.

Pro Leo all the way. The disc is just so comfortable, especially if you have smaller hands. Affordable and grippy. What's not to love..

Lighter S line FD Or a G line FD.

S line may not be as US but with power it would be; and the thing is just a lazer beam.

Another vote for the G-FD. Replaced my perfectly beat Champ Leopard (lost but not forgotten) that was straight as an arrow and easy to grip when it's cold/wet out. Pair it with a current run C-FD and the fairway slot is covered!

The FD runs are too inconsistent to consider replacing a Leo if you ask me. And if I wanted to pick between the two to hold an anny, it would definitely be a Leo.

Pro Leo all the way. The disc is just so comfortable, especially if you have smaller hands. Affordable and grippy. What's not to love..

Mine has the most annoying dome. I usually don't care but this bugs me.

Latest posts