• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Courses Played Per State?

i passed the torch to langerr who is now in the lead for mn courses

congrats to langerr

That's still impressive, 96% of MN. 346 courses in the state. I'll never hit 85% in WI the way they keep popping up in every corner of the state.

That's still impressive, 96% of MN. 346 courses in the state. I'll never hit 85% in WI the way they keep popping up in every corner of the state.

this person is like me, but im like this for California. hoping to get close to 98% next month. Cali is just more spread out unfortunately. I need to work on an easier one like Arizona

this person is like me, but im like this for California. hoping to get close to 98% next month. Cali is just more spread out unfortunately. I need to work on an easier one like Arizona

Yeah California would be SO hard to hit them all. I live in central WI, so the perfect area for bagging, and am only at about 75%. Not for a lack of trying though.

Im at 113/177 in NC.
BT43,

What is your current official number of NC courses played? Counting Extinct, Temporary, and Seasonal courses, but not counting practice areas.

My official number is maintained in my Access database, and it comes from 3 sources:
DGCR, Udisc, and unpublished Very private courses.

Udisc has more courses in their directory than DGCR, but DGCR also has some courses that aren't on Udisc.
For us old timers, DGCR will always have all of our extinct courses, so the number played may well be higher on DGCR than on Udisc. (I know that Danhyzer's and TVK's count should always be higher on DGCR.)

Unfortunately, my real number of NC courses played is not available because I have over 100 courses just to enter into my database first. From the 3 different tallies on DGCR I'm going with a conservative estimate of 320 NC courses played. I'm using 310 on DGCR + at least 10 more on Udisc and Very private. That is quite conservative.

How to count courses that are redesigned is a gray area and subjective. Even though DGCR lets you count Old layouts I take them on a case by case basis whether or not to include both. I only include both if a high percentage of the course has been changed. I do include upgrades from 9 holes to 18 as a new course. But, for example, I won't include the new UNC layout since it has a substantial number of the old holes. If I get around to playing Haywood Community College I won't include the Old layout as a separate course because there were not enough holes changed. That's just how I do it, and others will probably count courses differently.

I think that Eric V has probably played more NC courses than anybody else, but his count on DGCR is way behind, so I would like to find out from him at some point what his number is.

How to count courses that are redesigned is a gray area and subjective. Even though DGCR lets you count Old layouts I take them on a case by case basis whether or not to include both. I only include both if a high percentage of the course has been changed. I do include upgrades from 9 holes to 18 as a new course. But, for example, I won't include the new UNC layout since it has a substantial number of the old holes. If I get around to playing Haywood Community College I won't include the Old layout as a separate course because there were not enough holes changed. That's just how I do it, and others will probably count courses differently.

:thmbup:

i don't count them at all. i've never played a redesigned course that i thought was actually different enough to count it again.

:thmbup:

i don't count them at all. i've never played a redesigned course that i thought was actually different enough to count it again.

I submit Fairfield:
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=6857

The original 18 hole course only used the open field. Probably 2.5 stars.

The redesign has overlapping 18 hole white and gold layouts using both that field and land across the creek that was opened up by a new bridge. Sometimes 2 tees on a hole, sometimes two baskets, and at one point the layouts split apart entirely.

won't be an issue for me since i never played the old layout :D

but don't worry, i'll have no problem taking the higher course count when i do finally encounter it

On the East Coast- I currently have the most courses played in both North Carolina and Virginia.
On the West- I'm tied for the most courses played in Hawaii.

an update

langerr has now hit 100% courses played in minnesota

that is a huge accomplishment and im quite impressed

its bittersweet for me cuz i wanted to be the one

i know he doesnt post on here so i just wanted to do a shout out for the hard work and dedication and endurance

congratulations langerr

On the flip side, now you can venture over to WI more often and bag some pretty excellent courses instead of driving to bumf*** nowhere MN to bag a brand new elementry school course. :thmbup:

yall neighbors are too kind to me

:hfive:

Well, with my last 2 day trips, I am now sitting at #2 for Arkansas.

Good old bjflash still has me beat with 121/123 and I am sitting at 119/123. Of course if you add in extinct courses he has me 130 to 125.

Well, with my last 2 day trips, I am now sitting at #2 for Arkansas.

Good old bjflash still has me beat with 121/123 and I am sitting at 119/123. Of course if you add in extinct courses he has me 130 to 125.

whats the personal top 3 for arkansas you played

Hit 50 in IL the other day. Not sure how many more I can squeeze in before the snow hits the ground but hopefully I can get another 22 in and break the top 50 for the state.

I doubt I'll ever be near the top for courses played on any state, even Michigan.

But by the end of this year/early next year, I should have double digits courses played in a dozen states.

So I basically started course bagging in June of this year and had maybe 4-5 courses bagged in the state of IL (I technically live in WI right on the border) but at the end of July I broke my right leg in two places so took me two months to be able to play again (used crutches half the time I was playing) and finally am able to be able to gently, slowly x-step again. I'm at 60 courses bagged for Illinois in about 3 and a half months so I think I'm chugging along pretty good. I need 12 more courses to break the top 50 in the state and I usually warmup at a nearby 9 hole and then bag an 18 so until my leg is back to 100% I usually only bag about two courses per day. Just sucks the snow season is rapidly approaching considering I got the bagging bug pretty bad from having to sit out for 2 months in bed watching disc golf videos on youtube every day.

Last edited:
whats the personal top 3 for arkansas you played

I will state my Favorites, but would have a hard time narrowing it down to 3

Permission Ridge
Disc Side of Heaven
Pirates Ridge
Old Post
Branchwood

I will state my Favorites, but would have a hard time narrowing it down to 3

Permission Ridge
Disc Side of Heaven
Pirates Ridge
Old Post
Branchwood

interesting thank you

i was feeling mislead by dgcr top courses for arkansas i played jbeast which is currently number 2 on here and i was shaking my head and then played a bunch of crappy ones around the area

Latest posts