• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Courses Played Per State?

For a brief time in Oct 2021 I was the Top Course bagger in 3 states: North Carolina, Virginia, and Hawaii.

OK, I'm still tied for the Top Course bagger in HI, at 11/12, but as of Oct I had played every playable and permanent course on the islands of Oahu, the Big Island, and Maui. (As usually happens, soon after I completed playing the Big Island courses a new one has been installed, so now I need to go back there again someday.)

Sadly, I moved from Virginia back to NC and gottafixit has been busy bagging new VA courses so I no longer hold the VA title for most courses played. Well done to Gottafixit!
But I do have over 500 courses played in NC + VA. (And that's nothing compared to the 500+ courses that PizzaGod has played in Texas alone!)

course baggin is a year around opportunity

True but if there's a really good course I'd 100% rather wait and play it during the summertime when it's really nice out. All the crappy 9 hole and 18 hole courses get bagged during the winter months.. and trust me, there's a ton of not-so-great courses around the Chicago area to keep one busy during the cold season.

Last edited:
Played my 50th course in Florida this past weekend. Pretty happy about that since I live in California and never have lived in Florida. Random short disc golf trips have gotten me to 50 over the last few years.

Played my 50th course in Florida this past weekend. Pretty happy about that since I live in California and never have lived in Florida. Random short disc golf trips have gotten me to 50 over the last few years.

you drive or fly

I imagine he's gotta fly. No such thing as a short trip driving from CA >FL>CA. Round trip, that's about six days driving.

That's the only way to travel around the US.

Airplane takes away all the fun :thmbup:

interesting thank you

i was feeling mislead by dgcr top courses for arkansas i played jbeast which is currently number 2 on here and i was shaking my head and then played a bunch of crappy ones around the area

Arkansas has some great courses for sure, but there are also a LOT of junk courses in NW Arkansas that can only be appreciated by a course collector :D

JBeast is a great course, but I enjoyed other courses more. Cedar Creek in West Fork to me tops JBeast. And one of my favorate courses in Arkansas has got to be Branchwood. I love playing on old ball golf courses and this one is classic being in the Ozarks. I think it is one of the best hidden Gems in the State.

Congrats to danhyzer for passing the 2000 courses played stat. surely he has played the most in at least one state.? Disc golf courses have been breeding like rabbits. I remember when Texas had the most when it was at 180 courses and "The peoples Republic of California" was around 160. Now look at them. Not to mention madmen like pizzagod and lion and all of the roadtrips to cover those two huge states. Couple of major addicts if you ask me.

I completed 100 courses played in my third state (Indiana) over the past holiday break focusing on all the new 9-holers that popped up in southern Indiana. Two courses were close to my hometown. It was windy every day, but there were a few surprisingly good courses I got to experience. I really enjoyed the courses in Bedford and North Vernon the most. Thanks to wellsbranch250 for letting me know how close I was to 100 in a couple of states, I'll focus on Kentucky next.

I just realized wellsbranch250's suggesting I was close to 100 courses played in two states was a slick tactic to distract me from focusing on catching him in courses bagged in Alabama where I remain 8 behind him.

I feel like Wellsbranch has been bagging more new courses in my home state too. Meanwhile I'm out of state all the time now. Hell, I've been in North Dakota. Twice. Within the past 2 years. You might be onto something here.....:D

I just realized wellsbranch250's suggesting I was close to 100 courses played in two states was a slick tactic to distract me from focusing on catching him in courses bagged in Alabama where I remain 8 behind him.

being first in Alabama course bagging is no prize. It's like being first in diabetes.

Did you know you are only 10 courses away from being the number 1 course bagger in TN? now that's an actual real state. i bet your chick pick-up rate would double.

Last edited:
being first in Alabama course bagging is no prize. It's like being first in diabetes.

Did you know you are only 10 courses away from being the number 1 course bagger in TN? now that's an actual real state. i bet your chick pick-up rate would double.

I noticed that. I'm winning the diabetes race with you though.

Tennessee is a great state with fantastic courses. They still get a little bit of snow, no permit needed to carry a firearm, and no state income tax. Being the #1 bagger in Tennessee can wait until I retire (plus there will be more courses to bag by then).

Did you know you are only 10 courses away from being the number 1 course bagger in TN?

I see you, Greg. I'm close to #1 in Tennessee also. Of course, I had to move to the northeast corner of Tennessee this summer and now nearly all of my unplayed TN courses are three-plus hours away. Oh well ... happy bagging in 2022!

I see you, Greg. I'm close to #1 in Tennessee also. Of course, I had to move to the northeast corner of Tennessee this summer and now nearly all of my unplayed TN courses are three-plus hours away. Oh well ... happy bagging in 2022!

Im gunning to hit 100 Tennessee courses by the end of 2022. its actually easier (shorter distance) for me to run my tallies in Tennessee over Alabama.

Late to the party, but seems I might be #1 in VA? Keep trying to play them all but it's a weirdly big state and I can't do the 10 courses a day road trips I use to be able to do in my youth anymore. Gonna keep trying to bag them all though. Look forward to reaching 1000 played some day too.