• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Music on course

Status
Not open for further replies.
Provided your speaker isn't a tinny, treble-heavy joke that can't reproduce bass... Otherwise it will just sound obnoxious hahahaha.

Yeah, those $25 walllyworld specials are the worst for sure, cause if you are going to cheese off the purists among us, you might as well do it in style!

I was out today and my lovely walk through the woods was interrupted by blaring slipknot. I will set aside the littering and profanity that accompanied the music for another topic.

I wasn't gonna say anything, because this has been discussed before, but you mentioned Slipknot, and they are super ****ing annoying.
Bluetooth speakers can be hacked. A loop of assorted people sharting themselves at volume will tame the worst of the "my music is the best thing EVAR !" idiots.

Merry Christmas Everybody !
mr-hankey.jpg

..and Id love to see the look on your face when I told you to f*ck right off. You better pull out a gun if you want to intimidate people, roughneck. Not every man is going to fold because your face gets red and because youve got some size on you.

...and over music, lol.

this post had me dying. thanks.

Or...and hear me out, just dont be an *******. Listen to your music at low volume or with headphones. Why is this a hard concept? Why is considered polite by you idiots to blast your music whenever and wherever you want, but impolite to tell you to turn it down?

Huge cognitive dissonance on both sides here.

Its not an all or nothing prospect, here. Want to listen to music over your tiny garbage speakers? Keep it down. If its loud enough that another group is annoyed by it, then you are wrong. It's not illegal, hut it shouldn't have to be.

Likewise, demanding pure silence is silly. Ever heard of cars? Birds calling? Barking dogs? All more abrasive than music. Someone cursing because they missed their putt (guilty) is more of a social injustice than music.

But I posit that if you are solo, just wear headphones. Do what Barry Shultz does and put one ear in or whatever. I get having a small speaker if youre in a group because you want to talk and still have background noise. I would never do it, and find it annoying but the chances of me hearing it when you have it at a reasonable volume are slim.

I never said I'd beat anyone up over it...in the words of Adam Sandler: "That's assault, brotha!" I dont stomp over to you like a goon, pull out the knife hand and scream at you to "TURN YOUR ****ING MUSIC OFF!" because that is easily ten times ruder than the music itself.

But if I hear your music, I will ask you to turn it down. Guess what? Never had an issue with it. Hell, most people dont need to be told.

BUT posters like AmsterdamHeavy want to play tough and say they dont care and will do whatever they want...I promise you that is not the case.

Like I said earlier: dont be an *******. Either way. Dont blare music. Dont physically or verbally assault those who do. How hard is that to understand?

332173_2487192101460_855222802_o.jpg

Please don't tag team us Andy.. You are so tough'

that's settles it. I'm gonna start brining my banjo out to the course on the busy days and whenever I get stuck behind a slow moving large group I'm gonna bust out the most annoying song I can think of cuz ya know its public space and I do what I want. If any body complains I'm smack em upside the head with the resonator and use em as a teepad.

Last edited:
I have no problem telling you to turn your crap music off to your face. And I promise you, you will turn it down. You wont draw your line in the sand with me.

Thats the long and short of it all.

It's amusing that you point the "douche canoe" finger at others when your own posts are drenched in the tough-guy vibrato. So they say no, I'd rather not turn it down. You gonna beat 'em up real good?! Lol

that's settles it. I'm gonna start brining my banjo out to the course on the busy days and whenever I get stuck behind a slow moving large group I'm gonna bust out the most annoying song I can think of cuz ya know its public space and I do what I want. If any body complains I'm smack em upside the head with the resonator and use em as a teepad.

Bwahahaha the ol' El Kabong.

Is the Honky Tonk Man your hero?

Also, is your banjo a legit one, or one of those poser 6 string ones with guitar tuning?

The piece of poop wishing us a Merry Christmas is the cherry on top of the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.