• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

i would wait for the anode if you havent tried the ion yet. i am also a push putter and use the ion and it has been a good disc to me, but I have a really good feeling about the anode, I am hoping it will increase my putting circle

i have been a kc aviar thrower for the last few years. thoght it was the greatest putter out there. then i tried the ion and ended up selling most of my kc's away. what am i supposed to do with all these ions i have accumulated if these anodes turn out to be even better than the ion? to me it looks and sounds like an MVP BB aviar, which makes my penis erect. its like the best of both worlds. i never liked the wizard feel of the ion, but it worked so well i couldnt take it out of my bag. i wonder how many others may have this ion/anode delimma?

That was a very nice video with some excellent approaches. I'd love to know what course that is. #18 is a great camera shot that really captures a hyzer flip. I can't release beadless discs that smoothly. I feel like the Anode flies for you like my Soft Ion flies for me. I think we all appreciate the tmie you put into making that video. Thanks Mike.

i have been a kc aviar thrower for the last few years. thoght it was the greatest putter out there. then i tried the ion and ended up selling most of my kc's away. what am i supposed to do with all these ions i have accumulated if these anodes turn out to be even better than the ion? to me it looks and sounds like an MVP BB aviar, which makes my penis erect. its like the best of both worlds. i never liked the wizard feel of the ion, but it worked so well i couldnt take it out of my bag. i wonder how many others may have this ion/anode delimma?

Not many, if any at all. Both discs with serve it's own purpose. I can easily see how both discs can coexist happily in a single bag.

Exactly the same boat I'm in. I started with Aviars but wanted something more stable, so I bought a stack of HPP wizards(roughly 70 bucks worth). I kept myself from even looking at Mike C's little "why I switched from wizards to Ions" thread because I absolutely knew I would end up wanting to switch. I made the mistake of reading it one day out of boredom, then after trying one I was hooked. After stocking up with a ton of Ions(This time almost 100 bucks worth), I decided to try out a 2nd run Ion to see how I liked it... A week later I have spent almost 100 bucks tracking down 2nd run Ions, now MVP is releasing a straighter stock putter than the Ion? Come on Maple Valley, stop it already.. Your awesome discs are draining my bank accounts.

Oh well... at least I'll have a few weeks with my 2nd run Ions before trying an Anode, gotta wait for the softies.

yea i'm still going to wait for the softies...

one thing i noticed was that those testers the mike's got were not labeled First Run.

Exactly the same boat I'm in. I started with Aviars but wanted something more stable, so I bought a stack of HPP wizards(roughly 70 bucks worth). I kept myself from even looking at Mike C's little "why I switched from wizards to Ions" thread because I absolutely knew I would end up wanting to switch. I made the mistake of reading it one day out of boredom, then after trying one I was hooked. After stocking up with a ton of Ions(This time almost 100 bucks worth), I decided to try out a 2nd run Ion to see how I liked it... A week later I have spent almost 100 bucks tracking down 2nd run Ions, now MVP is releasing a straighter stock putter than the Ion? Come on Maple Valley, stop it already.. Your awesome discs are draining my bank accounts.

Oh well... at least I'll have a few weeks with my 2nd run Ions before trying an Anode, gotta wait for the softies.

The 2nd runs still have a decent amount of LSS tho, which will set the two apart.

Thanks for posting the video.

Don't know that I could really see much of a difference between the Ion and the Anode but the written reviews help a lot and the videos are fun to watch. I'm sure it will be more apparent once I get my mitts on one!

Had to post this picture of yours, Mike C, I really love how well your camera picks up the Violet color.

1zwk9dl.jpg

That was a great video too, I really enjoy getting to see your throws showing what these can really do. Thanks for sharing that for everyone.

Both Discspeed and Mike C's descriptions seem very close for your first impressions. I feel the same way on most everything that is being described so far. I can see a lot of people who are going to love the Anode especially as a putting putter. Both the Ion and Anode seem to pair perfectly for approaches and drives for me so far.

I look forward to hearing any additional thoughts on how the Anode performs. Thanks again for sharing your feedback!

Wow
It looked like it was on RC on those Anny and Hyzer lines...never let go of either that I could make out.

Watching that video makes you realize how much of DG is walking and waiting. A full round of shots in under 6 minutes.

I agree with the earlier poster that said it's tough to distinguish flight characteristics of different discs from course video like that. Partly it's because it's hard to see the end of the longer shots. It's also partly because Mike C is too good and he makes the appropriate adjustments so that the disc flies like he wants. It's tough to catch hyzer angle and such on a full speed video.

That's not saying I didn't enjoy it. Thanks for posting!

That was a very nice video with some excellent approaches. I'd love to know what course that is. #18 is a great camera shot that really captures a hyzer flip. I can't release beadless discs that smoothly. I feel like the Anode flies for you like my Soft Ion flies for me. I think we all appreciate the tmie you put into making that video. Thanks Mike.

That is Arboretum-Spiker in Canton. OH. One of my favorites.

Now you can go look up the distances of these holes he was throwing and will see why I laughed and cried knowing he is throwing those putters further than I do drivers.

That is Arboretum-Spiker in Canton. OH. One of my favorites.

Now you can go look up the distances of these holes he was throwing and will see why I laughed and cried knowing he is throwing those putters further than I do drivers.

hahaha yea I would NEVER throw a putter of that pond :D
Great vid Mike

hahaha yea I would NEVER throw a putter of that pond :D
Great vid Mike

I was waiting for the tree to kick him back in. I would bet Mike would go in after that Anode tester, but just in case, I would be grabbing a wet suit to go look.

Latest posts