• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tensor it is. Sounds like it's what I'm looking for - I definitely want something slower, since I can power down my Banshee for longer upshots and shorter drives. Thanks, folks.

I got a tensor and axis with tourney winnings and noticed it feels like they have a slight "plus" rim. Is this normal or did I just get wacky discs? I don't notice it nearly as much with the tangent I have.

Tensor...I'm really loving this disc. It is much easier to force an anny shot and have it come out, where my Vectors really want to hold their anny line almost to the ground.

This is what I use my vector for most. I throw it at FH st a slight hyzer and hard enough where I know I'll get a bit of OAT. Then it's just about throwing the right hight (10- 15 ish feet to make sure it do'nt hyzer but still enough air to not burn) and the vector will flip over barley but hold the line left hard.

It is a wonderfull shot to go left when the BH route is awkward cause of a early tree and you can't afford to go to far forward without the left carry. You can throw this shot with less of a disc but it requires much more touch. I find the vector great for it because it has some beef but is OAT sensitive, which is really what I want for this type of shot; an easy roll over but then the angle to hold due to the stability.

I got a tensor and axis with tourney winnings and noticed it feels like they have a slight "plus" rim. Is this normal or did I just get wacky discs? I don't notice it nearly as much with the tangent I have.

Weird. They've all got the same core. You can see a profile sourced from CAD drawings on their site. Sure it's not something else about the rim? I mean, Tangent is blockier than the others on the outside.

90 degree sidewalls cause discs to stick in molds affecting cooling times and consistency. This why we are not seeing them much if at all anymore.

Last edited:
How does one identify a first run Vector? Are they stamped as such? Also, are they selling for more than the other runs? I'm pretty sure I have one, and I don't like it. I'm wondering if it is even worth trying to sell.

How does one identify a first run Vector? Are they stamped as such? Also, are they selling for more than the other runs? I'm pretty sure I have one, and I don't like it. I'm wondering if it is even worth trying to sell.

The first run Vectors were stamped with First Run on them, just below were it says midrange driver.

Last edited:
:doh:

Whelp, I guess that answers it. Thanks.

I can't remember what the stamp looks like. Is it pretty obvious, or in smaller print somewhere?

tiny lettering written on the middle of the stamp under vector. it would also be clear I believe only FR's unless dyed. Maybe red too? maybe a small premium compare to regular vectors but they are available.

mvp_vector_disc_golf_disc_clear-500x500.jpg

Last edited:
tiny lettering written on the middle of the stamp under vector. it would also be clear I believe only FR's unless dyed. Maybe red too? maybe a small premium compare to regular vectors but they are available.

mvp_vector_disc_golf_disc_clear-500x500.jpg

Gotcha, thank you, Mine is a red one, and I could have sworn it was a first run. I guess I need to take a better look when I get home.

Weird. They've all got the same core. You can see a profile sourced from CAD drawings on their site. Sure it's not something else about the rim? I mean, Tangent is blockier than the others on the outside.

I did definitely notice the tangent being blockier. That may be the reason that it feels like tre axis and tensor have a more slanted rim.

I have First Run stamp Vectors and Axis, vectors are orange/red and the axis green.. they are in good shape probably 8/10

i dont throw them though because they are slightly different and i know if i throw them i will want more, so i save them for someone else who wants them down the road.

Yep...FR Vectors were fire orange, neon green, or clear. I got a box of them for a tourney and cdgs had a ton... Never saw another color.

A good look at the double stamped, 1st Run MVP/Skulboy Proton VOLT that is being released on July 12th.

9198660344_ce99157d58_o.jpg

Can not wait to throw these.

Status
Not open for further replies.