• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should all sign a somehow legally binding petition saying that Mike C has to give us a teaser as soon as he gets anything remotely about a distance driver.... just sayin :D

even though it probably wont happen till next spring/early summer

Oh I will. For now, I have this from a week ago. Couple nice Ion putts in it.

Overall baseline Anode & Ion are the biggest hole in the lineup by far as of now.

I too wish MVP offered their putters in a baseline version, though I can't imagine what that would be like. I tried a Proton Anode out for a bit and just hated the firmness of the gyro. I'd totally try an Ion in base plastic.

Oh I will. For now, I have this from a week ago. Couple nice Ion putts in it.

I thought you didn't play competitively? Or just PDGA events? Anyways, as always it was a pleasure to watch, I was wondering, do you have to put height on a driver to get it further or do you feel height will make it fade out sooner? Assuming a flat drive.......

I do unsanctioned stuff once in a while. Leagues a few times over the summer and maybe a tournament or two.

Height isn't required for long drives, just max D drives. Usually when I throw high its because the line requires it, or I messed up a bit.

I do unsanctioned stuff once in a while. Leagues a few times over the summer and maybe a tournament or two.

Height isn't required for long drives, just max D drives. Usually when I throw high its because the line requires it, or I messed up a bit.

Ok, right on, I'm trying to break the 400' mark and it's killing me right now. I'm throwing amps, volts, and a dx leopard. I think nose angles and snap may have something to do with it too for me personally. Dialing it all in is rough

When I spoke to the bros I got good and less good news...Distance driver is well into development, but MVP is being very thorough as they are determined to put out a perfect product from the get go. This means its probably not going to be the next thing we see from MVP.

When I spoke to the bros I got good and less good news...Distance driver is well into development, but MVP is being very thorough as they are determined to put out a perfect product from the get go. This means its probably not going to be the next thing we see from MVP.

good, they will do it right and it will be a huge hit like the volt.

my thought is that they will have to make many more types of core molds for each distance drivers because the wings can be so different and are much larger.

will be interesting to see if they distance driver will have a large overmold, or only a small part of the outer edge.. so many more factors.

I can see why they started with putters :p

Good. I think we all knew Proton Shock's and Amp's were to follow.. Proton Tensor will be out too soon I'm guessing.. Like I keep on saying though new baseline plastic exclusive for the putters or make it all discs. PUTTERS ARE A MUST THOUGH.. Not sure how they would do it but whatever. Driver will be pretty cool! Maybe they are planning a speed 15!?

Discuss: :popcorn: hahahha

base plastic pffffffft. i called lamborghini today and asked them to make a base model car and they just hung up on me. let that be a lesson to you.

Noob question: why all this hubbub about a base plastic? I have never had any grip problems with proton plastic. And it's definitely not about glide cause you can't really get more glide than an MVP disc haha

Noob question: why all this hubbub about a base plastic? I have never had any grip problems with proton plastic. And it's definitely not about glide cause you can't really get more glide than an MVP disc haha

its simple, you know how to grip a golf disc and they dont. people love to blame their discs for bad shots it nothing new.

It was 90 out and humid as hell the n anode felt perfect. Opto and gold line for me was sticking like mad the volt and shock saved my round on grip alone. Never had opto stick like that. I thought I wanted a base line plastic, but I like what they have and want to see more molds first.

The only grip problems I have with my soft Anodes is when it's hot and humid out. They get so tacky it's almost sticky. It actually got to be a bit of a problem and may have even cost me a stroke or three at my last tourney.

Came home, immediately packed the three birdie bags thatI already owned in my golf bags and ordered a M Ecl Anode. Too firm for my liking for a primary putter, but buttah in 80+ weather. Problem soved :D

hmm.

i like it when it gets kinda gross like that. just like today in MN; we had the same weather as you, glass.

i feel i have better grip and get much more snap on things; i put my volt out farther than usual. :)

When it gets too slick out, I Forearm everything. I can throw Forearm with both hands ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts