• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm gonna go do my daily round. For all the time I'm on here, I must spend an equal time at the course. Usually between 1-3 hours/day which is also the time I'm on here. Just thought I'd change the topic. Now for a round with a Z comet and an N Anode.

Why a comet over the tangent?

Because its a better disc

Is that your fanboy opinion? Or can you tell me why its a better disc? The question wasnt directed toward you anyways, but please elaborate.

I have thrown both and find the Tangent to have less glide, more wind resistance, and easier to control how far i throw it.

I can be more accurate with the tangent, but the Comet is fun to throw with its glide and easy distance with low effort, comet also has more turn than a tangent.

I was in Madison the other weekend and met a guy that was throwing Comets, we decided to play a round together and i let him bag one of my tangents for the round so he could try it out. He said he loved throwing it and would definitely buy one, didnt say whether he liked it more than his Comet, but it was consistently closer to the pin compared to the shots he made with his comet.

Is that your fanboy opinion? Or can you tell me why its a better disc? The question wasnt directed toward you anyways, but please elaborate.

I have thrown both and find the Tangent to have less glide, more wind resistance, and easier to control how far i throw it.

I can be more accurate with the tangent, but the Comet is fun to throw with its glide and easy distance with low effort, comet also has more turn than a tangent.

I was in Madison the other weekend and met a guy that was throwing Comets, we decided to play a round together and i let him bag one of my tangents for the round so he could try it out. He said he loved throwing it and would definitely buy one, didnt say whether he liked it more than his Comet, but it was consistently closer to the pin compared to the shots he made with his comet.

Ahhhh mission accomplished, peace out. :)

Why a comet over the tangent?
I'm testing it out to see what I can do. I perform almost the same but the comet is more touchy. I'm not sold on the rim but it's fun for sure.
Because its a better disc
It's gonna be different for everyone. I like it but they have subtle differences that work better for different people's game.

Comets are like a crappy version of a Meteor.

You obviously have never thrown one then. I dont throw comets anymore but im not ignorant, it holds any line and the glide is amazing. Meteors are similar but some like that deeper rim that the comet has

Gotta say I'm loving the Ion. I know a lot of putting is confidence but I can't miss with this disc. It's also my mid at this point. Sick, sick disc.

Gotta say I'm loving the Ion. I know a lot of putting is confidence but I can't miss with this disc. It's also my mid at this point. Sick, sick disc.

My confidence is growing with the Ion for approaches. I rarely pull the Tangent / Tensor out anymore. Yesterday I almost had a "fairway ace" with the Ion on a 180-ish hyzer shot that hit the cage. So close!

I can get behind a Comet / Anode round, makes more sense to me than a Tangent and an Anode. I find them too redundant together, if I'm 2-3 discin I want the most lines I can shape. The advantage of Comet > Tangent is the bigger wing, you can get a more extreme line hyzer or anhyzer with that big wing, you can use the air and glide it in deep. The Tangent grabs less air and makes it more wind resistant. Tursas what?

I drove an Ion 230' dead straight for a bird on a tough hole today. I love it in the summer when the mediums get a little soft.

Anyone notice the trend with MVP? If you like their discs you are trashed for it.. If only MVP didn't have amazing quality and consistency..

Anyone notice the trend with MVP? If you like their discs you are trashed for it.. If only MVP didn't have amazing quality and consistency..

I think its more people are tired of hearing us say how much we love our MVP discs and snapat us "fan boys". Even if its just a noob squeaking " I like it!"

Well like with everything new, people tend to get obssesed. And when you push something new to the disc golf scene there's going to be resistance. SPECIALLY! When people that throw MVP speak so highly of them.

Now, I do notice that a lot of new players are picking up MVP. When I started playing everyone had innova and that's all anybody around here sold. I wanted to be different so I went online and bought Discraft. I think MVP is the same now. People want to throw the lates newest and not to mention awesome looking plastic. I own 2 molds of MVP and I really like them. But that doesn't mean I want to throw MVP exclusively. I give every company a shot and when a disc gets a lot o of hype I like to buy it and see for myself.

I have seen posts where some MVP lovers go in and compare the Discussed mold to their FLAWLESS MVP discs. I can see how that, combined with it being the newest growing attraction, can be irritating to other players.

Just my 2¢

thing about that, is you flatten all your tangents. so he didnt throw a tangent he threw a pseudo tangent. they are much different.

I personally love MVP, and will try every disc they release. I also am not a fanboy, i know other discs may do a better job and i am okay with that. If some of the uber fans here would stop posting MVP this and MVP that all over the boards, mvp may get some better coverage. At least it may stop some of the flame wars. HEY UBER FANS CALM DOWN.

I have no clue where these interweb fanboys come from but I don't want them to leave. There is something amusing about people arguing over a piece of plastic. People need to leave their emotions offline. The day an anonymous person on the internet bends me out if shape is the day I cut the cord.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts