• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, ya know. DG requires an investment of sorts: costs a decent chunk of change, there's personal pride involved as well as time and effort - just like any "athletic" endeavor. this is sorta like having a bunch of dudes in the locker room. it's gonna happen.

that said, the only mvp disc i'm interested in right now is the tensor - already bagged an axis and i love it. i have a feeling it's going to throw a lot like my premium midari, but i love how the rim feels. the midari has a good, meaty curved rim to grab onto. like a good woman.

but the tensor just feels so different and awesome with that weird rim. . . and dat neutron plastic takes a dye sooooo well....*bites lip*

610x.jpg

The notion that "new" players throw MVP seems a bit off IMO... I don't really see any "new" players with a $12+ piece of plastic from any company generally and if they do have a premium plastic disc its one they found/were given etc. Would you consider many of the valuable posters in this MVP thread to be "new" to disc golf?

There is something unique about MVP discs which I'll agree give them the "cool" thing to bag being different or whatever but in all reality these discs just happen to look #*&^$# SWEEEEEEEEEET and hold up to some beatings while flying even better. I don't throw MVP discs to be cool, I throw them because they work really well and I want to support a company like theirs.

Now the atlas, that's a disc made for noobs.

I didn't think you could dye MVP discs well. Learn something new every day

oooooh yeah. takes vibrant and doesn't blur. better than star, imo, on par with GL for lat 64.

the stamps are harder to seal off with vinyl, though - MVP stamps a little deeper, but that's what no-stamps are for, and MVP sells them pretty widely available online. :)

for a quick example, my avatar was on my neutron axis. click on it for a bigger picture; it's just black and white, but you'll see how crisp it takes at least.

Last edited:
oooooh yeah. takes vibrant and doesn't blur. better than star, imo, on par with GL for lat 64.

the stamps are harder to seal off with vinyl, though - MVP stamps a little deeper, but that's what no-stamps are for, and MVP sells them pretty widely available online. :)

for a quick example, my avatar was on my neutron axis. click on it for a bigger picture; it's just black and white, but you'll see how crisp it takes at least.
That's awesome. If I had one artistic bone in my body I would definitely give that a go.

You know just because you think an MVP disc is the best and no disc compares, that's personal. I don't think anything can compare to the Buzzz, look how many don't use it and yet it is a fantastic disc. Discs serve everyone a different purpose.. Depending on form, skill level, and arm strength.

I just dyed a blank white Anode last night with a Darth Vader face. I'll get some pictures of it soon. And I completely agree. It takes the dye so well.

Now, if MVP would just bring out some light blue Shocks I'd be set.

Quick question. Is the Shock about the same stability as the Vector, just longer. I've got a very beefy Teebird that was holding the slot for the Shock but that extra beef has been coming in handy lately.

attachment.php

Courtesy of Goosefraba1 (N Anode). Even brighter in person.

Attachments

• Anode.jpg
    Anode.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 105
@ Bfowler -

Tensor = Shock
Vector = P Volt

Just my observations. And I'd compare the Axis (which I honestly don't throw much) to one of the White FR Amps.

Hit 'em up - he does great work for very reasonable rates. He might even have some stock MVP blanks left.

I really like my Shock. Probably the most reliable disc I have. I would say it has more beef than any 'bird I've tried. Don't know about the Brinestars.

Tensor and Shock are not that similar for me. Maybe if you throw the Shock flat and the Tensor with some hyzer, if you catch my drift. My Tensor was surprisingly similar to a Vector, but with a touch more fade at the end. It is by no means the longer Zone I hoped it to be, despite its profile.

I'd say that the Vector is closer to being like a good fresh Roc than anything, but it has been a while since I've chucked one

Last edited:
Made what's probably one of the top three best pros in Maine say " So that's why all them people throw that MVP stuff " as I parked a awkward uphill 350 foot hole in a tourney this weekend with a volt. this is an 18 year old who throws firebirds most of the time and out past 400. Nice to show the light to someone who will problably be innova sponsored in a couple years or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts