• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you ever wanna accelerate the break-in on your Volts, or any disc for that matter, draping a blanket over a chain link fence and drilling the disc at it repeatedly works pretty well. I prefer the natural route though.

The worst warp culprits I have seen would be Innova G-Star. A buddy of mine had a 168 Destroyer in this plastic. He drilled the first tree on hole 5 at Central. It was almost comical how much it deformed. Never bounced back neither.

Been trying to tell people this for a while. It deals with regular tree hits well though...can't handle major impacts.

I found my tesla overmolds to get beat up, but they retained their stability very well.

Just curious - having tried a number of MVP discs, and being impressed by exactly one for its slot, the Axis, do folks really see them as superior? Or is is just an emotional preference for cool names and plastic.

I thought I would love these discs, but the just left me wanting more on the course.

Just curious - having tried a number of MVP discs, and being impressed by exactly one for its slot, the Axis, do folks really see them as superior? Or is is just an emotional preference for cool names and plastic.

I thought I would love these discs, but the just left me wanting more on the course.

The only one I've REALLY clicked with has been the Envy. I like the Theory well enough, but still bag an X comet instead. I've been putzing with an Atom, which I like ok.. but despite acing my first drive with it.. it comes in, and gets knocked out again by a beat wizard.

Old habits I suppose. I do know people who LOVE their MVP/Axiom plastic and I think that's awesome. More options always drive improvements. I'm always interested to see what they (MVP/Axiom) come up with. Even if I don't try one.. or end up bagging it.

I've played for a long time with pretty much exclusively Innova, and I am guilty of disregarding MVP initially.
I'm a recent convert, though, and have found them to be great on the course.
The more molds I try, the more impressed I am. Not everything fits for me, but a lot has surprised me.
I know its the archer not the arrow, but I am throwing some ridiculously long and/or accurate shots with these discs.

For me, they make the best putters and control drivers. I can play any course with just an Atom, Envy, Crave and Volt.
Oddly enough, with the exception of the Alias, I don't much care for them in the mid range spot. I tend to like old school style mids....Comet, Squall, Kaxe, etc.

You like Lat stuff, right? They mold the nicest single shot discs but with a lot of thick plates. Easier to get moving, and more lateral movement. Pretty much the opposite of MVP stuff. No surprise you don't like it. Consider that people with a different throw could like their discs for legitimate reasons.

You like Lat stuff, right? They mold the nicest single shot discs but with a lot of thick plates. Easier to get moving, and more lateral movement. Pretty much the opposite of MVP stuff. No surprise you don't like it. Consider that people with a different throw could like their discs for legitimate reasons.

Without question, I tried MVP because it was something different. I waned and waxed on my initial forays into gyro (Amp, Shock, Tangent) but as I experimented, I started to really start to click with MVP molds. It started to happen that I began to rely on their performance. Then it was a matter of matching other MVP molds to established slots in my bag, and creating new slots. In fact, over time, I've changed my whole game around the Envy/Proxy and Crave. They infringe so much on the mid slots, I barely throw true mids (but I carry a few, course/wind dependent). Now I don't even think there is a way out of this. Nobody makes an Envy besides Axiom. If I switched, there is literally nothing to do what that disc does. Emotional? I would be if I lost it...

The Wave is better than the tern for me, and much more predictable. Envy is everything I ever wanted in a pro Rhyno but don't have to shell out $25-50 when I need a new one. Something about the destroyer never clicked with my style, or maybe my short pudgy fingers. Maybe I never found the "right" destroyer mold, but the Neutron Photon just works for me FH and BH. However, as you can tell from my Sig, they haven't made a mid to kick my wasps out... yet...

You like Lat stuff, right? They mold the nice one shot discs but with a lot of thick plates. Easier to get moving, and more lateral movement. Pretty much the opposite of MVP stuff. No surprise you don't like it. Consider that people with a different throw could like their discs for legitimate reasons.

To strengthen Zam's observation. I throw a mixed bag that is heavy MVP.
I have never been able to gel with any of the trilogy discs other than the Pure, which was kicked out by the Atom. I throw flat backhand.
One of my friends throws lots of trilogy molds. He throws big flex forehands.

Without question, I tried MVP because it was something different. I waned and waxed on my initial forays into gyro (Amp, Shock, Tangent) but as I experimented, I started to really start to click with MVP molds. It started to happen that I began to rely on their performance. Then it was a matter of matching other MVP molds to established slots in my bag, and creating new slots. In fact, over time, I've changed my whole game around the Envy/Proxy and Crave. They infringe so much on the mid slots, I barely throw true mids (but I carry a few, course/wind dependent). Now I don't even think there is a way out of this. Nobody makes an Envy besides Axiom. If I switched, there is literally nothing to do what that disc does. Emotional? I would be if I lost it...

To strengthen Zam's observation. I throw a mixed bag that is heavy MVP.
I have never been able to gel with any of the trilogy discs other than the Pure, which was kicked out by the Atom. I throw flat backhand.
One of my friends throws lots of trilogy molds. He throws big flex forehands.

My experiences with MVP are pretty much exactly identical. I used to throw buzzz/roc and pure, but the introduction to the crave, envy and atom changed all that entirely. Especially the envy basically declared all midranges useless up to 300ish+ ft. I have always liked a flat profile on the disc and that is what MVP can provide like no other brand. I do still carry a mixed bag with some additions to MVP's line such as the verdict, stiletto (broken-in one that is absolute money, potentially replaceable by the phase or motion, but would take too long to reach that golden state. perhaps if i losed the stiletto...), splinter and a 150-160 g boss for max distance

The envy, crave, atom, photon and resistor were game changers for me. I just plain love the consistent feel MVP can provide in general. No other brand can produce such consistency between different runs in drivers.

Despite all this hype it's not all positive. The volt, clash, ion, anode, vector and amp for example never worked for me, quite the opposite; I felt like losing ability. Hence this all kind of hints toward the obvious fact that different things work for different folks ;)

Certainly. I'm bagging (core bag) four different brands: Innova, MVP, Lat 64, Dynamic Discs... and Prodigy might be in there when I test out my new 400 PA4 when the rains go away. People find what agrees with them and what works for them.

If it weren't for putters, I could see myself throwing an all-MVP bag. They have good stuff.

Sooo, now that the circuit is over, when will we see Inertia in some sweet Plasma?

Spent some time hucking my circuit Plasma Inertia today. Its flatter than I had hoped - pretty much the same as Neutron. Flies like I remember too, like my Insanity with a bit more stability. While I've always liked the Inertia, for me, the Plasma is a wash. Prettier than regular N though!

Status
Not open for further replies.