• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All i know is this odd ball pop top insanity is more OS vs flat proton/neutron. Seems like the 7/10 speed really is threshold like zam mentioned. Ive thrown some domey OS innova and other brand putters which werent as OS as flst tops yet with vectors and roc3s or tangents etc a little dome adds stability. Discs are weird!

gave the virus a good run today. at 174 it behaves more like my 160 insanity and i can deal with that. i may snag a 160 virus as i search for a 150 class insanity as well. l

the wrath was stellar today i throw it in 155 and no winds today so it got pulled a ton. fun fun disc 150 mvp/axiom is amazing for my older arm! got rid of my last proton mold today i am don't with that plastic i am all neutron all day. hoping for a plasma envy and proxy soon.

any who today was a day i remember why i love disc golf. 68 degrees calm conditions and a challenging course with a good friend and my wife floating around taking pictures.

gave the virus a good run today. at 174 it behaves more like my 160 insanity and i can deal with that. i may snag a 160 virus as i search for a 150 class insanity as well. l

the wrath was stellar today i throw it in 155 and no winds today so it got pulled a ton. fun fun disc 150 mvp/axiom is amazing for my older arm! got rid of my last proton mold today i am don't with that plastic i am all neutron all day. hoping for a plasma envy and proxy soon.

any who today was a day i remember why i love disc golf. 68 degrees calm conditions and a challenging course with a good friend and my wife floating around taking pictures.

:thmbup::hfive:

Zam is partiality correct on thinking an MVP disc with weighted rims will act differently than a single shot disc. It is all about weight distribution vs lift. MVPs discs will have less weight distribution difference than a single shot discs, so there will be less difference in turn to fade. There will be a difference though.

I need to find two volts, both 165 and the same color, but one plasma and one fission and run some tests. I do know that my 168 plasma volt is much straighter than my 162 fission, but that is too much weight difference to tell how much the extra dome on the Plasma is changing it

Last edited:
Zam is partiality correct on thinking an MVP disc with weighted rims will act differently than a single shot disc. It is all about weight distribution vs lift. MVPs discs will have less weight distribution difference than a single shot discs, so there will be less difference in turn to fade. There will be a difference though.

I need to find two volts, both 165 and the same color, but one plasma and one fission and run some tests. I do know that my 168 plasma volt is much straighter than my 162 fission, but that is too much weight difference to tell how much the extra dome on the Plasma is changing it

Slightly different molds as well. PLH was lower by a tick on original Ns and new Plasmas.

241733_g.jpg

Had a blast with the MVP TeamFam gang over the weekend!

Got to run around the factory again! Saw some sweet plasma rimmed Axiom and a few more the Bros had hidden throughout the factory. Stamped some of he new 2016 PDGA member discs too! Awesome company!

+1 on this! About 65 degrees here, beautiful day, great disc golf. Could not ask for better. I played through one family playing as a group. The daughter was 8 or 9 years old, carrying a bag of discs and throwing them pretty darn good. She was just loving it. Surprised that there were not more people at the park, it being a Holiday and all.

If I could like this post I would.

241733_g.jpg

Had a blast with the MVP TeamFam gang over the weekend!

Got to run around the factory again! Saw some sweet plasma rimmed Axiom and a few more the Bros had hidden throughout the factory. Stamped some of he new 2016 PDGA member discs too! Awesome company!

Was this an overmold blend for normal release or just a test run? Sounds like it would look awesome. Any pics?

Wish I didn't live a country away...

Not sure how much you can say Donny, but were the overmolds Plasma? Axiom? Sounds crazy cool.

Wed. Proton photons and virus come.. Hope I get a chance to throw a few! Really excited for photons. Its becoming a favorite as well as virus.

Not sure how much you can say Donny, but were the overmolds Plasma? Axiom? Sounds crazy cool.

picture.php

pretty sure this is the pic, it is someone else's. I only took one picture while at HQ this time. There were only a few out and they got snatched up. I can't say if they'll be a production disc or not. They had "easter eggs" all over the place so I can't really say much :)

You had to be there, or on TeamFam to see most of the pics from this epic day. Heard a lot of people say it was the greatest day of their lives ;)

Glad my course could be a part of it. I think our next one will be in the spring

That is awesome! Would have LOVED to be there, but...well....it's on my bucket list. Glad you had a great time with the gang. :thmbup:

Predictions on Nov releases?

Due to receiving a suuuper soft N Tesla in the last order (so cool and unexpected), I think a soft N release in other molds is close. Sweet candy Proton Wave... and Shock!? Not sure what else...

Had a disc idea for MVP - like the Tangent blurs lines between putter and mid, a mid to blur that line to fairway. A 15.5mm mid-way...

Pretty sure that's the Axis and Vector.

I would however like to see some Axiom variants of these molds

As far as predictions, I'd guess more of the current lineup in different plastics....hopefully more Electron. Maybe we'll see a couple new molds by Christmas.

I would think a Relay compliment by Christmas

Pirate I'm not sure there's enough of a gap distance wise. My Axis and Vector go just about as far as my Crave.

But then again I'm all for new molds, why not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts