• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hand a chance to look at them more indepth. Electron volt could be interesting. Especially since the term "new baseline material" is used for it and vector. That might be the firm electron. Obviously I, and anyone else in this thread, want to know more about the new putter and mid. But also they still have enough resisters from last year's stamp that they want offer them for the winter challenge. I wonder if they will be discounted and I can get more on the cheap.

Man, might add Volts and Vectors back to the bag once Electrons are available everywhere. Been hoping to see Electron Vectors for years!

Unrelated question to the circut events.

Does mvp make anything really lighat weight outside of the few fission molds? I'm looking to put a few discs together for my wife and would like to make it out of mvp, as they are from her hometown. I think a fission volt is likely to still be to much disc for her. A fission or light switch would probably work. No idea on if they make any light mids either. Can anyone point me in the right direction before I spend a few hours going between all the various sites looking for the lightest ones I can find?

...Does mvp make anything really light weight outside of the few fission molds? I'm looking to put a few discs together for my wife and would like to make it out of mvp, as they are from her hometown...

Putters will be easy, plenty of choices under 160. Mids start at ~165. Fairways go up from about 150 (love my 151 N Relay).

Yes! Finally! Of course it was just a question of time for Electron Anodes to drop but the E Vectors were almost more than I could hope for. Not sure what to expect from E Volts though? Easy wear FR-esque Volts?
Although only 'Electron' was mentioned, I hope this was just an omission to specify the type of Electron for Volt and Vector so firm electron could be launched together with these.

Does mvp make anything really lighat weight outside of the few fission molds? I'm looking to put a few discs together for my wife and would like to make it out of mvp, as they are from her hometown. I think a fission volt is likely to still be to much disc for her. A fission or light switch would probably work. No idea on if they make any light mids either. Can anyone point me in the right direction before I spend a few hours going between all the various sites looking for the lightest ones I can find?

They make the switch down to 153g in the regular premium plastics. The Matrix goes down to 160g. If you go to the MVP homepage they give a general weight range for their discs. Though if you are making a bag for your wife, you may want to check out the Axiom page as they offer more color options. Inspire 155g.

The only criticism I have is the claimed disc capacity. MVP claims 12-15 discs (which includes 2 in the front pocket and 2 more in the side pocket), and this is a bit of an exaggeration IMO. I only carry FWs, mids, and putters. I can fit 3 FWs, 4 mids, and 2 putters in the main compartment, plus one more putter in the front pouch.

FWIW my buddy uses a breaker bag and he said last night the most he can put in there is 18 which is too tight to realistically use. Surprisingly 17 discs could work lol i was suprised.

I think most bag disc estimates use driver sized discs. Pockets and materials also stretch to make bags easier to remove discs once used a little. Your 2 putters and 4 mids in the main compartment are like 9 drivers really. Its like being able to fit 3-4 drivers vs 2 putters in a bubble mailer :)

I have Craves, Atoms, Switches and Anodes down to 150g.

Any of the 6, 7 and 10 speeds all come stock 15x-17x i think all putters as well these days.

Fission down to 13X in tesla/photon and 15X in volts which are still OS vs tesla/photons in ultralight wts.

Holy crap, MVP is going balls-out with releases and tourneys this year. :hfive: :clap:

This is worthy of a Ron Paul "It's Happening!" gif.

Didn't think this warranted its own thread but for those of you who putt with MVP/axiom what disc do you use? Ive been screwing around with that spot in my bag so I'm looking for others' experiences.

What mold and plastic is your MVP/axiom putting putter?

Don't know if I would drive with the spin...but I'm enjoying it in the hand. Also use electron atoms for in the circle putting.

Main putter: 174 Proton Soft Anode
Practice (backyard) putter: 167 Plasma Anode
Rain Putter: 168 Electron Soft Ion

I primarily use the Anode mold due to my inexperience and lack of spin control, so I count on the extra glide from outside 25'. I practice with the Plasma as it holds up much better than the other two when banging it 50-100 times a day.

Didn't think this warranted its own thread but for those of you who putt with MVP/axiom what disc do you use? Ive been screwing around with that spot in my bag so I'm looking for others' experiences.

What mold and plastic is your MVP/axiom putting putter?

Soft Electron Ion 172-175g is my putting putter. Throwers are Envy / Proxy / beat Atom

Don't know if I would drive with the spin...but I'm enjoying it in the hand. Also use electron atoms for in the circle putting.

Spins drive fine. IME with some hyzer they'll hold a straight line a little past 300', which is further than most throw putters on a course. In calm conditions they can shape a wide variety of approaches and short drives.

Main putter: 174 Proton Soft Anode
Practice (backyard) putter: 167 Plasma Anode
Rain Putter: 168 Electron Soft Ion

I primarily use the Anode mold due to my inexperience and lack of spin control, so I count on the extra glide from outside 25'. I practice with the Plasma as it holds up much better than the other two when banging it 50-100 times a day.
I've never thrown an MVP disc until I got a used Anode for pretty cheap. I wouldn't putt with it, but it's so much fun to throw! I don't throw super far, but I've had it hit 300' lines before. It's got some crazy good glide!

Took another look at the player packs and something jumped out at me. Is anyone actually going to pick axiom in an mvp vs axiom challange? Sure, new plastic choices, but the mvp has two new discs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts