• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently he doesn't throw your bag anymore.

Heh. Oh I think we still have a fair amount of overlap.

And, in other news, I am very interested to hear what folks think about the Reactor.

Last edited:
sorry I snagged that inertia

Apparently he doesn't throw your bag anymore.

Gyro thread is kinda dead lately, I guess all y'all are butt-hurt over them dropping molds. Envy is still my primary throwing putter and my seasoned 168g N Inertia is kinda magical. Unfortunately I can't seem to duplicate it with new or used Inertias I've tried.

Haha, I know.. I've got a couple 155, 157 white (i hear those are the money) first run inertias that are awesome. I just got a 159 white off Monocacy

Have you tried the insanity's? I was thinking about it in but I'm hesitant... I have a bunch of inertias I wouldn't say they are all over the place but it's tough getting a new one to where mine are now and I can't shop in person and check PLH. I got a 165 plasma insanity but it didn't handle the same, I feel like it would get there if I didn't lose that thing with its stupid dirty gold color first.

Ps loving the ohm tonight :D

Haha, I know.. I've got a couple 155, 157 white (i hear those are the money) first run inertias that are awesome. I just got a 159 white off Monocacy

Have you tried the insanity's? I was thinking about it in but I'm hesitant... I have a bunch of inertias I wouldn't say they are all over the place but it's tough getting a new one to where mine are now and I can't shop in person and check PLH. I got a 165 plasma insanity but it didn't handle the same, I feel like it would get there if I didn't lose that thing with its stupid dirty gold color first.

I've actually been bagging a N Insanity around the same weight lately and it just doesn't flip up as sweet as my money Inertia. Threw them both doing field work yesterday and definitely noticed the difference. I have a few Insanitys as well, searching for the magic.

I've actually been bagging a N Insanity around the same weight lately and it just doesn't flip up as sweet as my money Inertia. Threw them both doing field work yesterday and definitely noticed the difference. I have a few Insanitys as well, searching for the magic.

Have you tried Plasma Insanity? That's the magic disc, imo. :D

Have you tried Plasma Insanity? That's the magic disc, imo. :D

I got this one used 8+/10 but it scaled at 176g and it's almost puddle top. Been a while since I threw it but I think I remember it being less stable than my others.

Attachments

• IMG_20200429_214848.jpg
    IMG_20200429_214848.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 21
I got this one used 8+/10 but it scaled at 176g and it's almost puddle top. Been a while since I threw it but I think I remember it being less stable than my others.

Hmm, never seen a puddle top Plasma Insanity before. Most of mine have a little shoulder and then a gentle dome.

Hmm, never seen a puddle top Plasma Insanity before. Most of mine have a little shoulder and then a gentle dome.

I'll maybe post some profile pics of it with an N and a P. My proton actually has the higher dome. P Insanity was actually my intro to gyro drivers and it's definitely easy distance. I found that Inertia in a used bin and like the flatter profile for FH.

How can you identify a first run Inertia? I have one other that is close to my fave but it's grass green so I don't bag it.

Hmmm I would call my insanity more of a flat top with an "edgy" shoulder line right where the inside of the rim is.

Only way I know my inertias are first run is because I remember buying them. First driver available in sub 170g weights. It was either with my dealer order when I spread the love in 2011.. 2012? or shortly after. I was just as excited for those as regular production Ions. Have you tried the plasma inertia?

Last edited:
I'll maybe post some profile pics of it with an N and a P. My proton actually has the higher dome. P Insanity was actually my intro to gyro drivers and it's definitely easy distance. I found that Inertia in a used bin and like the flatter profile for FH.

I get preferring a flatter profile for FH, flatter discs just seems to release more cleanly.

The Neutron Insanitys that I have seem to be flatter than their Plasma brethren. I don't know if that is why I prefer how the Plasmas fly for me.

How can you identify a first run Inertia? I have one other that is close to my fave but it's grass green so I don't bag it.

I dunno runs but Inertia was approved in 2014 and it has been a few years since I used Inertia as my main DD, so . . .

Last edited:
Haha I was thinking about that.. The volts came in on my dealer order, I know I awaited the inertia because of the weight. Two very solid discs out of the gate.

I love my proton insanity. Been my go to driver for a few years now. Recently added a plasma wave to try an eek a little more distance out. Haven't thrown it enough to really know what I have there. But I'm a huge insanity fan. Granted, my sample size is only one. But that one is money!!

ive been searching for a slightly more stable insanity/inertia. is the lift somewhere between wrath and those 2?

I have heard that about the lift but can't comment. I love inertias, the disc that has stolen a heavier inertia/stable spot is a neutron Wave. My DD's are usually 157 ish. Wave winds a tighter S or more stable downhill for me. Feels good too.

Wave to Inertia is kinda like Envy to Atom feel and flight difference. With reversed glide, the Wave is my longest disc.. I'm just going to stop now.

ive been searching for a slightly more stable insanity/inertia. is the lift somewhere between wrath and those 2?

The Lift flies like the numbers suggest -1.5/2 turn (if you throw 350+). It has some dome so it has a gradual predictable turn and more glide. I would say its Streamlines best disc.

Its closest to a inertia but better in every way. *The cosmic Lift are coming out a tick more OS when new.

Example: if i have to place a drive down a long tight straight fairway 350+, im pulling this disc.

I lent a buddy a plasma 170 proxy and a 165 electron spin.. He let someone else throw it.. Short answer is I'm not sure about parting with the Spin but the guy dug the proxy. Either way I said whatever if he likes em it's more money for the SE Ohm fund haha. Going to be throwing those a lot I think.

I'm also curious about Reactor Intel.. I don't really need that these days, Relay/ Envy do a lot of that work but the numbers and stuff sound pretty awesome. I just want to know if it's as awesome as it sounds... it will just get me hyped up more for their next step down, touch glidey, gyro mid Haha.

It's going to have a wing like a vector and throw like a heavy 176 (to be exact) Vertex, glide like a lighter beat to sweet Axis and ignore wind like a Tangent. It will be called the? Capacitor!! that's my call.

Last edited:
. . . I'm also curious about Reactor Intel..

Yes I am very interested to hear more about the Reactor. Usually if a new mold is great (or even not great lol) you hear people raving about it online. Silence is not encouraging.

I'm currently throwing a Fuzion Truth as my stable-ish mid. If Reactor is similar to the Truth and fits my FH grip I would probably do a showdown. If Reactor is more stable/OS than the Truth I might carry both.

But I'd love to get some feedback rather than adding to my already embarrassing pile of discs I'm trying to sell. :D

Look man, I was chilling in the hot tub and I thought about it from an electrical perspective. I still want to back Capacitor as a name but Inductor would make more sense..

There's a time constant for charging rates.. I think it's 2 x Pi x R (resistance)x I (inductor(nope wrong formula cut that)) x C... there's a correlation there, maybe it's IRC squared but.. technically, or non so really, an inductor smooths the curve and a capacitor stores energy and absorbs the punch. Capacitor should be the other end of a Reactor on the stable side and Inductor should be a touch disc..

If they made a new plastic it could be a D-Capacitor haha

Last edited:
Yes I am very interested to hear more about the Reactor. Usually if a new mold is great (or even not great lol) you hear people raving about it online. Silence is not encouraging.

I bought one. I have yet to throw it because of staying at home unless working or getting groceries. I figure there hasn't been much discussion of the Reactor because of the virus situation. When folks can get out and throw more, you'll hear about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts