• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going deeper down the MVP rabbit hole here. My Proton Wave has become my main workhorse driver. I can get it to fly pretty straight or go a little understable, and I'm consistently getting my best distance with it. My first MVP disc was a Neutron Impulse which I loved, I lost the Impulse a week ago and decided to do something squirrely and replace it with a Neutron Virus. Damn, the Virus is REALLY understable! I think it's gonna take me a minute to figure out how to use that one. I also got my first Volt, Proton. The Volt replaced my JLS that I just lost, and I think I like the Volt even better. I'm still learning how to get the maximum speed out of it, but hot damn can I throw it straight!

I'd like to get a Tesla to counterbalance the Virus. I also want to get a lighter Volt in Plasma plastic. Have one that's a little less stable than the Proton. I want to get something in the 6.5 speed class, but I can't figure out what would fill a hole in my bag best. Also, I've only thrown Wizards up to this point, but the MVP putters are sexy. I'd like to get an Anode and maybe an Ion to try out.

Going deeper down the MVP rabbit hole here. My Proton Wave has become my main workhorse driver. I can get it to fly pretty straight or go a little understable.....

....I'd like to get a Tesla to counterbalance the Virus. I also want to get a lighter Volt in Plasma plastic. Have one that's a little less stable than the Proton.

You're on to good molds.. Look at a fission Wave if the virus doesn't work out, a Cosmic Wave for more stability.

Explore the volt, fission volts are available under the 170g weight unlike neutrons.. (Or plasmas?? Dunno). Another solid choice

I like my fission Tesla.. Very workable in light weights.. Didn't like the tesla in Plasma its a pig. Depends what you want from it!

Relay is the understable/ straight fairway next step up from the impulse I think.. But basically you have a prime gyro bag in the works.

Enjoy buddy!

Is CN Wave more stable than the other plastics? We have yet to confirm this. Mine is still travelling.

About MVP making Octane in fission plastics. - I would definitely buy it!

Is CN Wave more stable than the other plastics? We have yet to confirm this. Mine is still travelling.

About MVP making Octane in fission plastics. - I would definitely buy it!

I've heard yes. Mine has arrived, but yet to be thrown. Tomorrow or the next day I should get out and see. Will throw it heads up with my Plasma and see. Im hoping so!

So, question for the MVP guys. I am looking for a more straight stable and slightly OS counterpart to my gilas. I was looking at the matrix (electron) and reactor (neutron). I am coming away from throwing an element, and have been tempted to pick up the Vroc, or Göte again, but those are a tad slower than I want when compared to the element. The axiom molds looked more interesting to me, but I've made a vow to stop throwing OOP plastic. So how do the matrix and reactor compare?

I prefer Matrix over Reactor but they are VERY similar. The Matrix has more left to right and right to left movement than Reactor. Reactor will basically take the line you put it on. Therefore Reactor tends to be more release sensitive.

That's what I see. My matrix doesn't turn. It just fades less the farther I throw it. At my max with it (about 280') it's just straight with a tiny fade.

FR Neutron Matrix is one of the longest discs in my bag. I get a ton of turn and a ton of fade. I can push 350' in right situations. It's longer for me than the faster Neutron Crave. I had similar results with Reactor - but I just couldn't release it clean enough consistently. I tend to lift the Nose up.

Got to take the CN Wave out for a few test throws on the course today. Been awhile since I yhrewy, and it was rainy, but.....
Definitely less flippy than my plasma, but with the same distance. I threw it on the same hyzerflip line I throw my plasma, and it didn't really flip up,just held that angle to the ground. Shows a little lateral wiggle, but even my best throw (about 360') with it, it didn't move a whole lot. Basically just straight to fade on a flat hard rip. My plasma would have needed up 20' farther right on the same line. I absolutely love it! Have a feeling I could even throw it on a shallow flex line and it would come back for amazing distance. My plaz wouldn't ever come back on a line like that.

Basically, it was my plasma crave, 100' longer.

20:20 for those Lid fans...

Geez thanks for the post I would have missed that...

I'm amped up, I knew some stuff was coming this looks promising. Glidey fairway, some "pandemic" virus knockoff. Better reaction fairway at low speeds... well tuned plastic.. Not ready to release a understable mid because it's not "perfect" **** I guess I will wait. I'm fired up on this. A little overdue. That was a huge stack of prototypes even discounting the 4 streamlines!!

You mean the missing volt/ crave/ (relay glide) fairway.. **** yeah!!

And a overmold lid!!!! :D

I gotta watch that again...

Last edited:
IMHO they really don't need to release so many new molds. A better idea would be to stick with the current molds and come up with a (numbering?) system which specifies the stability of the mold, depending on it's production run, plastic, "dome'ness" etc.
MVP's slogan is "The leading edge of disc golf". So they should find a way to accomplish that.

That would bring us from guessing what we are buying ---> knowing what we are buying.

Last edited:
I just realized that my wording was confusing ("pardon" my second language). What I mean't is that I would be happier if my Volt numbers were:
8 4 0 2.5 for Cosmic Neutron
8 5 -0.5 2 for Fission
8 5 -1 2 for Neutron
8 5 -2 2 for Plasma

as an example.

It's going to be an overmold pole cat!!!

...and they gotta introduce some new discs, they took so many away!

I love that they do this. Giving us a little insight as to what's coming Is awesome. Also, as someone who's worked behind the scenes in injection molding, I really like hearing that they are moving everything in house, and taking time to really get the molds and the plastics right. Unlike a lot of DG companies, these guys are doing things the RIGHT way. Its not easy to take the route they have, to ax a huge chunk of their lineup, including some really popular discs, and to have trust that it's best for the long term. They have a vision and a plan,and they are sticking with it! Playing the long game is scary and can be pretty risky. Good for MVP!

Makes me happy to be an unabashed Gyro fan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts