• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crave is similar to a TL and Insanity is a like 10speed Valk or an old style pearly Beast
Yeah, they have flight numbers and I could find stuff on the individual discs, it's more the plastic that I couldn't figure out. Like I said, Cosmic Neutron and Plasma (the one she has is swirly) just seemed the same to me so I couldn't figure out where the plastic fell on the DX/Pro/Champ/Star spectrum. I'm old; all plastic has to be described to me in Innova-speak.

So I'm guessing from what has been said that Neutron would be on the Champ-ish end and Plasma on the Star-ish end? What is Proton, then?

I think I had an Electron Spin at one point so I get Electron, it's like if DX and Pro plastic had an illegitimate baby.

I have an old Ion that is Proton Medium and I can't figure out how it is different from the Neutron Signal.

Basically discs I get, plastics are baffling.

Yeah, they have flight numbers and I could find stuff on the individual discs, it's more the plastic that I couldn't figure out. Like I said, Cosmic Neutron and Plasma (the one she has is swirly) just seemed the same to me so I couldn't figure out where the plastic fell on the DX/Pro/Champ/Star spectrum. I'm old; all plastic has to be described to me in Innova-speak.

So I'm guessing from what has been said that Neutron would be on the Champ-ish end and Plasma on the Star-ish end? What is Proton, then?

I think I had an Electron Spin at one point so I get Electron, it's like if DX and Pro plastic had an illegitimate baby.

I have an old Ion that is Proton Medium and I can't figure out how it is different from the Neutron Signal.

A Cosmic Neutron Crave is the most stable one of the newer runs, Plasma is glider for me.

My Plasma Insanity is more stable than my Cosmic Neutron Insanity.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Some molds Plasma is less stable, some they are more stable.

As far as feel goes

Proton-Champion
Neutron-Star
Plasma-GStar
Electron-Premium grade base plastic

Proton is like hard champion or champ at -10
Neutron is like a soft champion or a gummy champ, maybe a champ star freaky hybrid.

Plasma is more star plastic
Soft Neutron is G star.
Electron is DX

Cosmic is Sparkle champ? Haha like they added some metal flakes for the stability.

Proton is like hard champion or champ at -10

Neutron is like a soft champion or a gummy champ, maybe a champ star freaky hybrid.

Plasma is more star plastic

Soft Neutron is G star.

Electron is DX

Cosmic is Sparkle champ? Haha like they added some metal flakes for the stability.
How dare you compare Soft Neutron to anything Innova?! Blasphemer!

This is only for the under 13speed discs because the 13 and 14speeds were after they intentionally started making very domey discs...

Regular Neutron and Proton generally aren't that much different flight wise, maybe a half point more OS depending on that particular disc, it's more about PLH, flatness and if there's a shoulder. If its flat topped with little or no shoulder it will be more OS than one with a bit of shoulder and/or a very slight dome... and like any manufacturer, if its got a higher PLH than a different disc of the same model, it will be a tad more OS.

Plasma is intended to have a very slight dome and some shoulder, which generally makes them a tad less OS than Neutron or Proton and while Plasma wears a little faster, all three are premium type plastic.

I haven't thrown any of the Cosmic blends yet but from what i hear, it tends to be a bit more OS than the N and P.

Last edited:
Threw the Trace on a few more holes over the weekend. It was rather windy and I will admit they don't hold up in a stiff headwind as much as I was hoping for. Even on a healthy hyzer it popped right up and started turning right. While it did finish back left at the end it still left me way right of my intended landing zone. In calm conditions the two I have fly very true to the numbers. Both of mine are cosmic neutron. One is pretty flat and the other is pretty domey. The domey one is noticeably more stable than the flatter one. Just sharing my findings.

Threw the Trace on a few more holes over the weekend. It was rather windy and I will admit they don't hold up in a stiff headwind as much as I was hoping for. Even on a healthy hyzer it popped right up and started turning right. While it did finish back left at the end it still left me way right of my intended landing zone. In calm conditions the two I have fly very true to the numbers. Both of mine are cosmic neutron. One is pretty flat and the other is pretty domey. The domey one is noticeably more stable than the flatter one. Just sharing my findings.

Trace doesn't have GYRO

:p

Check the PLH?

So what's the gyro version of the trace, then?

I have several Traces in different plastics, and PLH difference is definitely a thing to keep an eye on.

I don't think they really have a gyro version. No matter what the MVP/Axiom flight numbers say, they don't have a disc in that speed range with the glide that the trace has.

I've never thrown one but I would think the closest would be a Plasma Photon maybe? But that's only if the Plaz Photons are like the other plaz discs I've thrown and are a bit glidier and a tad less OS as the N or P versions of the disc.

Has anyone else thrown a Plaz Photon and confirm or deny this?

I don't think they really have a gyro version. No matter what the MVP/Axiom flight numbers say, they don't have a disc in that speed range with the glide that the trace has.

I've never thrown one but I would think the closest would be a Plasma Photon maybe? But that's only if the Plaz Photons are like the other plaz discs I've thrown and are a bit glidier and a tad less OS as the N or P versions of the disc.

Has anyone else thrown a Plaz Photon and confirm or deny this?

Haha I'm not sure on that either, I haven't thrown the trace but if the plasma debacle extends to the Photon like what it did to the Tesla I would say NO!! Haha, I think I had a plasma photon, super flat top, beefy but I don't quite remember. The lighter weight early run fission are in there though.

I think it's something they are probably working on though, it seems to be a popular mold and it would sell like hell if it was gyro.

Haha I'm not sure on that either, I haven't thrown the trace but if the plasma debacle extends to the Photon like what it did to the Tesla I would say NO!! Haha, I think I had a plasma photon, super flat top, beefy but I don't quite remember. The lighter weight early run fission are in there though.

I think it's something they are probably working on though, it seems to be a popular mold and it would sell like hell if it was gyro.

Ok... So a Plaz Photon that looks like my Plaz wave... Slight dome and some shoulder...:D

I love my Pilots (and I guess I'll count the Stabilizer too since it feels identical in the hand for me...). I throw a proton and am working on beating up a firm electron for straight-turn overs. But I'm finding that they're generally a little bit too stable for what I'm looking for in a go-to putter thrower. The flight numbers (minus the electron) are closer to 2/5/0/2. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Or did I happen to get 3 Pilots that are beefy?

My only experience is with Eclipse and Cosmic Neutrons. Other Streamline molds I've tried seem to be more OS in Cosmic Neutron than Proton. I'd say they fly like 2/5/0/1 for me. They definitely don't have the 2 fade of my Envy.

Since I'm quite happy with my Envy/Proxy pairing, I've never actually thrown my E Pilots. Only ever used them as putters.

Any news on the next Eclipse 2.0 release? Can't find anything on it.

They typically don't give out much info until the next release is announced. In this case, they have been revamping their ordering system and announced last week that there May release will be delayed a bit.

Since I'm quite happy with my Envy/Proxy pairing, I've never actually thrown my E Pilots. Only ever used them as putters.

I tried that but found I actually preferred my Envy/Envy combo.

I have an electron that I've thrown for probably three years. James Conrad would shed a tear because this thing would remind him of old greenie. I bag it along with a fresh cosmic neutron or plasma.

Status
Not open for further replies.