• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn you and your lightweight reactor!!! Only one I could snag was an eclipse 176 or so. Thanks for the info!

I'm not an MVP/Axiom guy but I've noticed a lot of it has been sneaking into my bag lately.

Anyhow, I lost one of my Felons over the weekend (apparently forgot to pick it up which I typically never do) and am considering trying out the Fireball. For me the Felon is very workable compared to something like a Firebird.

Anyone know how the Fireball stacks up to the Felon or how it compares to a Firebird?

I guess I'm looking for a fresh Felon flight or a beat Firebird type flight if that makes sense.

I'm not an MVP/Axiom guy but I've noticed a lot of it has been sneaking into my bag lately.

Anyhow, I lost one of my Felons over the weekend (apparently forgot to pick it up which I typically never do) and am considering trying out the Fireball. For me the Felon is very workable compared to something like a Firebird.

Anyone know how the Fireball stacks up to the Felon or how it compares to a Firebird?

I guess I'm looking for a fresh Felon flight or a beat Firebird type flight if that makes sense.

In my experience that is fair, I've had three Felons and two Fireballs and the flight is quite close. Fireball is more HSS that some Felons, but it doesn't fade quite as hard. I mainly throw that type of disc forehand. But the Fireball I can get to go decently far backhand as well.

But the Fireball I can get to go decently far backhand as well.

Thanks. I am backhand dominant and I like the Felon over most other similar discs because I can push it straight for a reasonable distance before the inevitable fade kicks in. The one I lost was lighter and had actually kicked my Vultures out of the bag because they flew similar lines and distances and were easier to come by.

I have a Fireball on the way and am hoping it is closer to a Felon than the Flare that I have which is definitely Firebird type beef.

Thanks. I am backhand dominant and I like the Felon over most other similar discs because I can push it straight for a reasonable distance before the inevitable fade kicks in. The one I lost was lighter and had actually kicked my Vultures out of the bag because they flew similar lines and distances and were easier to come by.

I have a Fireball on the way and am hoping it is closer to a Felon than the Flare that I have which is definitely Firebird type beef.

The Flare is a beefcake. I use it a ton for FH shots and can bust out some crazy lines.

Where you see that?

Dealer email, I've been getting them but havent ordered since 2011?ish. Just the one time to spread some gyro love... Ang get soft and medium stormtrooper ions.. Wish I still had those..

I looked but I didn't see the flight numbers.. If I remember it was a speculative 5 5 -0.5 1 or 5 5 0 1 I'd love 5 5 0 0

Also, if anyone in here has any max weight (or close) N Wraths FSOT, I'm looking for a couple. Feel free to PM.

Thanks, Mud

Replacement for the Axis? Same numbers. I have a heavy Axis and hoping to get something lighter. Mid 160's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I could dig a replacement for the Axis. I throw the heck outta a plasma one, but have no backups and don't wanna play the oop game. So once she's gone, maybe I'll take a good look at one of these.

Seems like too much overlap with Matrix / Reactor to be a popular disc. Unless it's like a First Run Matrix...

What's different about a first run matrix? I had one domey, traded it for an absorb81 insanity... never threw it.

I also support the axis replacement, I used to throw the heck outta one but then I discovered lighter (170g) tangents. Took the compromise of control over extra distance. The axis is right between a comet and buzzz, I always felt it was a very solid design with the protruding lip. I don't feel like these new discs will go as far but the Theory had a ton of glide with a similar lip, by then my Tangents were nicely broken in.

I've been trying to get the number of molds I throw down for a bit and I'm having trouble with my mids. I throw Buzzzes currently and I love them, but the newer runs have been a little bit to OS for me....I can push them about 320-330' and they don't want to flip over. This is great, but at anything shorter than that, I'm finding my Buzzzes to be a little bit too OS.

I'm wondering about the Hex vs. the Matrix for this slot. I'm leaning Matrix because of the electron option, but I could definitely be persuaded anyway at this point. My local shop has a bunch of used Vectors that are tempting, but obviously being out of production makes things a little trickier. I feel like the Reactor is a little too similar to the Buzzz in terms of HSS, too. Thoughts?

I've been trying to get the number of molds I throw down for a bit and I'm having trouble with my mids. I throw Buzzzes currently and I love them, but the newer runs have been a little bit to OS for me....I can push them about 320-330' and they don't want to flip over. This is great, but at anything shorter than that, I'm finding my Buzzzes to be a little bit too OS.

Well according to flight numbers, since I haven't thrown a Matrix it has same turn but more fade (-1 2)... the reactor has less turn and a touch more fade (-0.5 1.5).. Seems like the hex at -1 1 would be the appropriate replacement unless you just got a X Buzzz. Of course haha there's always an Envy, always reminded me of a slower Buzzz

Pulled out the insanity yesterday for a yard round, first time in a month.... Good results, used it as a Relay OS, between the Relay and my Crave... when I feel like I've got my swing back better it will have bag space again.

Kinda thinking Relay, insanity, crave, tesla.. With the plasma wave sitting in the wings for optional max distance.. It will flip and turn great but I'm not pushing that kind of speed right now and the insanity really is a nice ride. Insanity is more flip to fade, but late flip...

Also pulled out my old yellow plasma envy's.. One is beat to turn or straight really well, the other is straight to beefy.. What's this 5 yrs on those? Haha finally broke one or two in out of my stack of 10.

Well I got my "flash" volt yesterday, 165 neutron, a little domey. Happy to get a light freak one of those, played it against my 165 flat top crave. Both at an 8.5-9. I haven't seen any craves with as much dome as the volt..

End result was the volt was more stable at distance but much straighter for the first 3/4 of flight. Not the distance I remember getting with them but a very nice ride. It seems to turn a bit more or at least flatten out and ride a bit while the crave is always using power.

My fission volt is flatter at 162g... is flat more the norm with a fission Volt?

Status
Not open for further replies.