• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All my other volts show a very clear -1 if not -1.5 turn and no way NEAR as OS. I've used about 8 other volts in a variety of plastic, but I've also gotten a few flippy volts that were instant rollers. So maybe they vary as well, I'd be interested in comparing PLH at a store if I can ever get to one :\

ive gotten those turd roller volts too

yeah i didnt compare the plh either maybe hit up gggt

also i throw way less d in the winter so everything is moar os but these were right on par with my other flat n volt and my plaz is much straighter than the n in any season

as far as im concerned the cn volts are just like regular ol n volts just cuter

All my other volts show a very clear -1 if not -1.5 turn and no way NEAR as OS. I've used about 8 other volts in a variety of plastic, but I've also gotten a few flippy volts that were instant rollers. So maybe they vary as well, I'd be interested in comparing PLH at a store if I can ever get to one :\

link your video on here

link your video on here

I'll try to upload it to Youtube then share the link, but not til later ;) its short but sweet - it was actually when playing BRP league yesterday, and my buddy on the last hole is like "You're gonna get an ace and I'm gonna film it" I was not thinking that, haha but I felt the extra boost to perform and sure enough it was a good shot. But you see how I forced over the throw and aimed WAY right and it fights HARD

I'll try to upload it to Youtube then share the link, but not til later ;) its short but sweet - it was actually when playing BRP league yesterday, and my buddy on the last hole is like "You're gonna get an ace and I'm gonna film it" I was not thinking that, haha but I felt the extra boost to perform and sure enough it was a good shot. But you see how I forced over the throw and aimed WAY right and it fights HARD

is that the one you hit basket on

Saw that shot on FB, heck of a throw.
My cosmics are more stable than the regular N's as well, for what it's worth, even lighter weights. Different mold, the flashing comes in a different spot vs regular neutron and the wing sits noticeably higher.

The electron envy starts a little stable like a neutron and moves to a very straight flight quickly within a month or so, after a solid year and a half it develops enough high speed turn to drift left and finish left (LHBH) on a steep downhill. Still pretty straight on the flat though. I feel like it is now less stable than my plasma proxy.

If I lost one of my main plasma 165 Envy I would just grab a 170 electron soft as a quick fix while I season a new plasma

I'll tag onto this since my experience is similar, but not quite the same.

I went through about a 4-5 month stretch where I paired Electron Envies with my Neutron Soft Envy. I used the Electrons for putting, approach, and less stable drives. For drives, they did season in relatively quickly to Proxy territory, and then kept getting less stable from there. I thought they complemented a premium Envy pretty well for driving once you kick the "new" off of them. However, I never really clicked with them for putting and approaches. If I had more success putting them then there's a good chance I'd still be using only Envies and Zones for my putter molds. They are definitely worth at least giving a chance.

is that the one you hit basket on

haha yep that's the one! Man, I WANTED IT after he called it out too - my buddys like Ace, for sure - and the other goes 'mark it a 1' Joking of course, but to hit basket was sweet. I actually called out that it was gonna hyzer out early and land OB in the moat, haha but I cut that part out.

I threw a stable Patriot on my first throw and basically parked it so my second shot was an ace run regardless. Came close :) (Cali League)

haha yep that's the one! Man, I WANTED IT after he called it out too - my buddys like Ace, for sure - and the other goes 'mark it a 1' Joking of course, but to hit basket was sweet. I actually called out that it was gonna hyzer out early and land OB in the moat, haha but I cut that part out.

I threw a stable Patriot on my first throw and basically parked it so my second shot was an ace run regardless. Came close :) (Cali League)

on that hole was the wind r to l or basically non existent

do you have any aces out there at brp

i havent been since they upped the price to $8

on that hole was the wind r to l or basically non existent

do you have any aces out there at brp

i havent been since they upped the price to $8

you can see the flag in the background - it was a left->right mostly and about 5-7 mph, so it played a little part I'm sure

And yeah I have aces there but not many - Hit hole 9 which is the lil guy most people hit, then I hit 13 during this years Majestic, I got to tell Kevin Jones right after as he was the first person I saw haha. I have hit chains and basket on plenty others...SO CLOSE

Sounds like someone was stashing a pile of FR volts if they had that much turn off the shelf...

I've never used a first run - but I had an eclipse, plasma and a neutron that were all FLIP CITY. brand new too - so....idk what run things were but in all those plastics, its just odd.
I now don't buy a volt unless I can compare PLH . when you find a nice one though hot damn they are nice discs.

I've never used a first run - but I had an eclipse, plasma and a neutron that were all FLIP CITY. brand new too - so....idk what run things were but in all those plastics, its just odd.
I now don't buy a volt unless I can compare PLH . when you find a nice one though hot damn they are nice discs.
I'll tell ya what-if you find a volt that's weird I'll snag it from ya ;) I bag them as my primary driver and a flippy new one is a great backup to my super beat Neutron. Especially if it has a dome :D

I'll tell ya what-if you find a volt that's weird I'll snag it from ya ;) I bag them as my primary driver and a flippy new one is a great backup to my super beat Neutron. Especially if it has a dome :D

wish i woulda known you a few years back when i had this crappy flippy domey neutron one

it was a beautiful bright pink too

never put my number one it cuz i didnt want it back once i finally lost it lolol

How do the Fission and Electron Volts fly compared to Neutron? It has been years since I threw Neutron, and I did have FR Fission but can't remember how it flew or what happened to it... I really like Electron after few rounds but it is hard to trust it as a straight flyer when you never know when it has taken one hit too much.

Little less stable and beat in quicker. But think gold line kind of quicker vs baseline kind of quicker. Glide for days and go a long, long way.

If I come by some I'll try to send a message ;)

I ended up selling my flippy ones - I gave one to a buddy and honestly I don't think he has EVER thrown it, I'll see if he still had it.

Dayuuuum check out this stiff, pre #'s, super high PLH Volt I just found! On the left is my most overstable newer Neutron Volt for comparison. I can't wait to test it out.

Attachments

• 20191210_214048.jpg
    20191210_214048.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 29
That looks... very, very stable

Anyone digging the Stabilizer? Recently added some more D to my throws and have been using it a lot more recently. It's got a really nice straight flight and glidey finish, I'm loving it for carving up lines in the woods. Also great for open shots, rip it hard to the right and let it come back left.

That looks... very, very stable

Anyone digging the Stabilizer? Recently added some more D to my throws and have been using it a lot more recently. It's got a really nice straight flight and glidey finish, I'm loving it for carving up lines in the woods. Also great for open shots, rip it hard to the right and let it come back left.

I like it, but ended up bagging Entropy instead. Less glide and more comfortable for forehands.

I tested my stashed Envies yesterday. They are even better than I remembered. Although I overthrew all my approaches by 10 meters...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts