[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

Yesterday I picked up a used Electron Atom 2022 Circuit Challenge, its my first experience with an Atom. I think its a regular, not stamped with firm or soft. Good grip, already beat in by previous owner. Practiced with it today straight flyer a balance of a few ending turns and fades backing off power, a few throws laying into it dead straight wherever my release point was aimed at. I did poorly on standstills with it my strong point, had a hard time getting a feel for it, but that can be worked on. Good putter as well with the practice basket tonight, straight in even with a 10 mph wind from different angles, misses were from missed aim. Plumas Disc Golf has them new online.
ooooh those are good atoms.

@Sheep I'm finding that out I love the grip it's great on a three-step but not much distance I can throw my other Putter's further on a standstill the disc is very well beaten in and there's a reason why the previous owner turned it in so maybe he got his best use out of it. It's straight with no flutter so I think on my next online order I'll pick up a new one and just see if I get more out of it. I actually use it on the course yesterday as first disc 3 step for short range. but I didn't dare use it on a standstill because it was just horrible the day before in the practice field. Something to work on.

Putting just as straight with no flutter I actually used it C2 and out with no wind I dropped a birdie range it at 75 ft and Flash chains on another one about the same distance. I had used it with my practice basket along with the pixels the evening before.

This weekend we're going to have some 15 mph wind so I'll give it the stress test in that three step and the putting and I'm on way practice field now so I can work out that standstill

I'm surprised the electron Atom isn't going further, neutron atom was definitely one of those discs that went exactly as far as you throw it (no extra glide). Unfortunately glide/distance vs wind resistance/accuracy is a normal trade off.

That's kind of why the pixel is getting so much play for me right now, good glide, distance and accuracy without turning over in the wind or steep downhill.

I'm figuring out the detour better, the amount of spin is what affects it the most for flight.

I'm surprised the electron Atom isn't going further, neutron atom was definitely one of those discs that went exactly as far as you throw it (no extra glide). Unfortunately glide/distance vs wind resistance/accuracy is a normal trade off.

That's kind of why the pixel is getting so much play for me right now, good glide, distance and accuracy without turning over in the wind or steep downhill.

I'm figuring out the detour better, the amount of spin is what affects it the most for flight.
Atoms go sneaky far.
The electron atoms are far more throwable than Electron envy's if you ask me. They hold up WAY better.

The part that made that run of electron atoms good was the plate firmness was perfect.

I don't think the atom is really an Envy replacement for a driving putter.
But an electron atom can sure keep up with them if you're a good thrower.

But I'd speculate as well that Atoms are less forgiving to off axis torque than envy's.

@Sheep I'm finding that out I love the grip it's great on a three-step but not much distance I can throw my other Putter's further on a standstill the disc is very well beaten in and there's a reason why the previous owner turned it in so maybe he got his best use out of it. It's straight with no flutter so I think on my next online order I'll pick up a new one and just see if I get more out of it. I actually use it on the course yesterday as first disc 3 step for short range. but I didn't dare use it on a standstill because it was just horrible the day before in the practice field. Something to work on.

Putting just as straight with no flutter I actually used it C2 and out with no wind I dropped a birdie range it at 75 ft and Flash chains on another one about the same distance. I had used it with my practice basket along with the pixels the evening before.

This weekend we're going to have some 15 mph wind so I'll give it the stress test in that three step and the putting and I'm on way practice field now so I can work out that standstill

I'm going to be honest, I think i'm brain damaged or something.
But I'm trying to read this and it will not compute in my head, and it is irritating me.

I think the three step thing is shutting my brain off.
Whats a three step?

Is this like the texas 2 step? haha

I'm going to be honest, I think i'm brain damaged or something.
But I'm trying to read this and it will not compute in my head, and it is irritating me.

I think the three step thing is shutting my brain off.
Whats a three step?

Is this like the texas 2 step? haha
The Corey Ellis three step. I started form building in late 2020 starting with standstills, followed by one step, and then two step, now three step spending a lot of time in each. probably within a month when the warm weather stays I'll start with a four step and that will be it. no run up for me, I'm too old for that.

The Corey Ellis three step. I started form building in late 2020 starting with standstills, followed by one step, and then two step, now three step spending a lot of time in each. probably within a month when the warm weather stays I'll start with a four step and that will be it. no run up for me, I'm too old for that.

Yeah, got me there.
Got nooooo clue on that one.

OTB has a following on pre-order: Eclipse Servo, proton soft Tempo, prism proton hex, proton soft glitch, color Eclipse drift, and proton soft paradox. Then there is the eclipse crave and glitch that have been on pre-order the past couple weeks, release date 6 April.

The servo, crave, and hex I definitely have an interest in. the others I need to do a grip test in the store.

Yeah I'm not real interested in that release but a proton soft vanish sounds cool. Hopefully a sign of some softer drivers to come.

In the Electron plastic it seems that in some molds from firm to soft to medium the grip can be different. Such as the Pixel, and Anode. Or the same as in the photo with the medium Atom and Cosmic Firm Atom. Or is it possible it's just the way I grip and size of my hand? I've only experienced different grips in the same mold from plastic to plastic such as the Eagle Envy is different compared to both the Eclipse and Plasma Envy which feel the same. Waves all feel the same. Is it just me?

Some fun evaluations:

Firm Pixel in C1 is dead straight putting up to 25 mph wind, no lift. No longer have the Soft Pixel would drift fade and lift in the wind putting. Firm will not be used for approaches, putting only.

Cosmic Firm Atom from my Soft Pixel trade. At this time using as a C1 putter only evaluating with the Pixel. Hits chains its in, but can drift fade. So far good up to 10 mph wind, see what happens at 25 mph. If it loses out to Pixel, I'll then check out for approaches. It's the most stiff disc I've ever had.

Which ever disc wins out, I'll have two. Gotta feeling it will be Pixel, but going to give it a month.

Medium Electron Atom used, love it as a putter C1 except 15 mph wind and greater. C2 and out straight in, and have dropped one 84-feet. Straight in approaches, and now picking up more distance. Will pick up a new one to compare. Standstills are a struggle still, but that's okay because.....

My second Eagle Envy arrived, lost the first one which had a lot of turn. The current one seems to have a better grip and starts as a turn, fading back in. I can feel the power, and greater distance than some mids whether approaches, Standstills, and wind doesn't matter. Likely to be my Workhorse approach putter, and can use other approach putters for shorter distance.

Medium Electron Matrix dead straight and wind doesn't matter. Great for the woods hitting gaps. Straighter than my Lizotte Hex. Will work on more distance and look forward to compare to a Proton.

Medium Electron Terra does what I was hoping a Neutron would do from a year ago. Greater distance, powerful standstill, greater fades/hyzers. Fun to throw into a crosswind, will fade/hyzer and skip across the Fairway. Not for downwind.

A year ago I had a Medium Electron Anode outstanding grip, not good for the wind. Should of kept it for summer play. This past week grip a Firm Electron Anode and didn't like the grip. Past it up.

So my current adventure is grip testing other Electron Molds as I see them.

Attachments

• 20240320_122003.jpg
    20240320_122003.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240319_115904.jpg
    20240319_115904.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
In the Electron plastic it seems that in some molds from firm to soft to medium the grip can be different. Such as the Pixel, and Anode. Or the same as in the photo with the medium Atom and Cosmic Firm Atom. Or is it possible it's just the way I grip and size of my hand? I've only experienced different grips in the same mold from plastic to plastic such as the Eagle Envy is different compared to both the Eclipse and Plasma Envy which feel the same. Waves all feel the same. Is it just me?

Some fun evaluations:

Firm Pixel in C1 is dead straight putting up to 25 mph wind, no lift. No longer have the Soft Pixel would drift fade and lift in the wind putting. Firm will not be used for approaches, putting only.

Cosmic Firm Atom from my Soft Pixel trade. At this time using as a C1 putter only evaluating with the Pixel. Hits chains its in, but can drift fade. So far good up to 10 mph wind, see what happens at 25 mph. If it loses out to Pixel, I'll then check out for approaches. It's the most stiff disc I've ever had.

Which ever disc wins out, I'll have two. Gotta feeling it will be Pixel, but going to give it a month.

Medium Electron Atom used, love it as a putter C1 except 15 mph wind and greater. C2 and out straight in, and have dropped one 84-feet. Straight in approaches, and now picking up more distance. Will pick up a new one to compare. Standstills are a struggle still, but that's okay because.....

My second Eagle Envy arrived, lost the first one which had a lot of turn. The current one seems to have a better grip and starts as a turn, fading back in. I can feel the power, and greater distance than some mids whether approaches, Standstills, and wind doesn't matter. Likely to be my Workhorse approach putter, and can use other approach putters for shorter distance.

Medium Electron Matrix dead straight and wind doesn't matter. Great for the woods hitting gaps. Straighter than my Lizotte Hex. Will work on more distance and look forward to compare to a Proton.

Medium Electron Terra does what I was hoping a Neutron would do from a year ago. Greater distance, powerful standstill, greater fades/hyzers. Fun to throw into a crosswind, will fade/hyzer and skip across the Fairway. Not for downwind.

A year ago I had a Medium Electron Anode outstanding grip, not good for the wind. Should of kept it for summer play. This past week grip a Firm Electron Anode and didn't like the grip. Past it up.

So my current adventure is grip testing other Electron Molds as I see them.
Nice!!!!

The eagle envy feels a little tall to me, some of my eclipse feel similar, electron is a different mold (feels rounder and shallow). I tend to prefer flat or puddle top envy with a medium to low shoulder... premium and electron atoms used to feel crazy different.

Sad to hear you dumped your soft pixel but glad you got another atom. I've worn the fade out of mine and got some turn happening, I'm not sure if I like it but I can play it well enough. Still maintains fade with the right nose angle but I can bank a slow anny with a little comeback. The soft pixel is still the top runner in the yard box... but the temperature has warmed up and it might be time to pull out the "good plastic".

Sometimes I wonder about "Throwapixel" but then I look in the yardbox and see 6 envy I'm working on right now.

The detour might go to the basement soon... after a head to head with a 180 soft uplink and a SE FR hex.

Well the 180 uplink made it out to play again, I love being able to control a 180g anything!! Just a cruise missile I don't know why I even give the detour yardbox space I can't control it worth a damn. I think people that want a beefier theory might dig it, I'm more of a tangent guy. Tried it in the yard again I think I need more spin and better angle control.

Took the pixel out tonight as well (after a winning doubles round) vs the eagle envy... they are a lot more similar than I thought. The eagle envy has broken in a little and it was windy getting some solid tight anny S's with it. The pixel is similar but slower to turn and its less defined and more panning.

The pixel is not only crawling into the bag but it found the top putter pocket for 1/2 the holes. Hit some long-shots and specifically 2 downhill 50' putts. Threaded some trees on a few approaches also downhill. Almost aced 9 at my place through the center, getting it through means hitting a 30" box 15' ahead and threading straight through another 2' box another 70' after that and carry straight another 40'. When people play at my place I love to be a total shit and throw it through there so other people try 😄

Hey I just noticed eclipse orbitals on the May 9 release... might try one of them again.
I'm there! Maybe I can squeeze more distance out of an Orbital. More than a year ago an Eclipse Wave.fast off of tee, about 200 feet out looked like it was being shot out of the sky. I've wondered if it would of been a better summertime disc? An Eclipse Orbital in May should be a good indicator.

April 6th Eclipse Crave and Glitch, grip test for the Glitch, not concerned about the Crave. Both will be at my local PIAS.

View attachment 336208Eagle an' the Pixel is getting a run for it tonight!!!
Two rounds this morning I was putting alternate with the Pixel and Electron Atom Firm. Just about all my approaches were with the Eagle., I dropped in a 120 footer standstill Pixel, but it was thrown as second disc behind the Eagle, not counted for scoring.

The Eagle put out a video on a short course this morning Protons Thrill, Servo, Pyro, and of course Eagle. His next video he's going to be talking about disc being released for the OTB Open, he's already throwing them. He also threw the Watt.

Picked up an Electron and Proton Atom yesterday. I played 6 rounds the previous 2 days and was trying to see if I was jiving with the neutral and understable throwing putters I own and they just don't quite do what I want. Plus I'd probably have to bag two totally different molds, and I'd prefer to use the same mold for both slots if I can.

I won't get to throw them until this weekend, but having thrown a friend's I have decently high hopes. They fit my preferred dimensions, feel good in my hand and I have good experience with MVP putters.

Latest posts