• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Feature: Shop Listing

Premium listings have orange icons and are highlighted and first on the list in any search that includes them so it's very easy to spot them.

I really don't want to add a bunch of ancillary features to the store directory. It's meant to be pretty basic.

Gotcha, well it is an excellent feature! Well Done! :thmbup:

The shop looks amazing Mike. Wish I knew about it when I was passing through Madison last year.

I wish there was someway to know what type of stuff a particular shop stocks. Right now we've got the sporting goods stores that just stock Innova and the more pro shop style stores all together. I completely understand why Tim doesn't want to do comments or ratings on shops (that's a big nasty door you don't ever want to open). I just wish there was a way to know what to expect when you go to a place.

If a shop has a premium listing they can list brands of bags, discs, photos, etc. Take a look at Glide's page.

I wish there was someway to know what type of stuff a particular shop stocks. Right now we've got the sporting goods stores that just stock Innova and the more pro shop style stores all together. I completely understand why Tim doesn't want to do comments or ratings on shops (that's a big nasty door you don't ever want to open). I just wish there was a way to know what to expect when you go to a place.
I was thinking the same thing but it's easy enough to look them up on the net and get a good idea of what they have. We are lucky to have 2 disc only proshops here in Boise. One is not on that shop list yet, I'll be seeing them today and will let them know. If you come through Boise you need to see this place... like the playboy mansion of disc golf. You will want to live and die there.

I was thinking the same thing but it's easy enough to look them up on the net and get a good idea of what they have. We are lucky to have 2 disc only proshops here in Boise. One is not on that shop list yet, I'll be seeing them today and will let them know. If you come through Boise you need to see this place... like the playboy mansion of disc golf. You will want to live and die there.
You can add them to the list yourself. If they want premium listing, they have to contact Tim.

can stores be removed? Theres a bunch of dunhams listed near me that have been closed for years.

You can email me and let me know which ones should go.

Excellent addition TimG, yet another reason no other site stacks up to DGCR.

Holden's burned to the ground this morning

Holden's Party Store, (located across the street from Kensington Metropark) burned to the ground this morning. :(

They intend to rebuild, but will be out of commission for a while. They had a pretty good selection of discs, including brands like MVP, Lat, Westside...

Hopefully no one was hurt.

Last edited:
Holden's Party Store, (located across the street from Kensington Metropark) burned to the ground this morning. :(

They intend to rebuild, but will be out of commission for a while. They had a pretty good selection of discs, including brands like MVP, Lat, Westside...

Hopefully no one was hurt.

Beat me to this Bogey. I had heard nobody was hurt. Pretty sad, this party store has been a Milford and Kensington institution for over 4 decades.

Thanks, I've marked it as inactive for now. If it's back in action at some point I can just turn the listing back on.

will let you know Tim... :popcorn:

After my round at Kensington yesterday, I went out the north exit of the park and saw that Holden's is rebuilding ... things are looking good. :thmbup:
Will confirm when they are open for business again.

Tim

Is there anyway to turn on/off certain major box sports stores like Big 5, Sports Authority, Sports Chalet, etc...? I normally buy my stuff online but if I'm in an area and I lose a disc, like a Gator, which is not normally carried at aforementioned stores, I would rather go and support a local area disc golf shop than a big box store. Plus, the local shops would have more selection, so losing that Gator might not be a big problem. And the prices at a local shop are typically cheaper than a big box store.

There isn't any way to turn them off. Although you can just skim through the list easily enough to find the closest local store (assuming there even is one).

Latest posts