• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nockamixon DGC indefinitely closed

I think I played it only once near the beginning of my DG journey. Sad I can't play there again and compare notes to how I improved.

Man, I sure hope so. Nocky is easily one of the best courses in SE PA, I played it maybe two or three times a year when I lived in Allentown.

Don't look now, but a little birdie informed me that Nockamixon may be coming back into the SE PA disc golf scene.

Nice. I don't usually play courses more than once when traveling, but I would love to play Nocky again.

Any word on the tree situation, and how it affects the disc golf course? Last I heard there were a lot of ash trees being taken down.

Nice. I don't usually play courses more than once when traveling, but I would love to play Nocky again.

Any word on the tree situation, and how it affects the disc golf course? Last I heard there were a lot of ash trees being taken down.

Not a peep. I only got word of course clean-up getting underway.

Not a peep.

That's odd. 'tis the season for Peeps.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230407-162150.jpg
    Screenshot_20230407-162150.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 210
Our local legend Larry LaBond told me he played on Climo's card in worlds there once. I'd love to play this course someday (and shoot far worse than they did!). Just looked it up, 2005. That was when I was at my best, but like half a stroke per hole worse than their caliber. I guess the Beast and Surge would've been state of the art? No Wraith just yet. No Pigs or Harps or Zones or Deputies or Roc 3's or a thousand other things we take for granted today. I'm babbling on, aren't I?

Our local legend Larry LaBond told me he played on Climo's card in worlds there once. I'd love to play this course someday (and shoot far worse than they did!). Just looked it up, 2005. That was when I was at my best, but like half a stroke per hole worse than their caliber. I guess the Beast and Surge would've been state of the art? No Wraith just yet. No Pigs or Harps or Zones or Deputies or Roc 3's or a thousand other things we take for granted today. I'm babbling on, aren't I?

yah but you didnt start talkin about your cousins or brothers or uncles so you aint doin too terrible

yah but you didnt start talkin about your cousins or brothers or uncles so you aint doin too terrible

yup. Used punctuation too. Not quite Casey level babbling.

Ya also gotta love how Nocky is still #5 on DGCR's top 25 PA course list and it hasn't been open for some years now.

I think they are concentrating on clearing holes 14 thru 18 first. The attached is a pic of hole 17 tee and part of fairway after some initial clearing. It's a start! (Oh man, I can feel the bogeys coming already! :D)

Attachments

• 62699~2.jpg
    62699~2.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 52
This is such exciting news. I really started bagging courses in 2018-2019, right as Nockamixon closed. I've since played 144 PA courses, mostly in the Eastern half, and Nocky is my white whale.

Wow,
Great news. Just short of 400 courses played world-wide and it's in my top 3. Kevin and Bryan did a great job. I can still remember 12/29/2004 when Cubby and I played THREE full 18s there. In over a dozen years of playing a LOT of dg with him, it was the only time I've ever heard him say that he had had enough disc golf for one day!