• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nockamixon DGC indefinitely closed

Vague update!

Fundraiser tournament 9/23. 5 holes currently tournament ready, 1 more will be by then. 3 other are playable.

Conveniently, my birthday....not sure if I can participate though.Screenshot_20230828_221356_Chrome.jpg

Oh man, I'm going to keep my eye on this thread...if this place is fully open by the time I'm up there in October, I am SO going there and playing it and getting my butt kicked!

Bad reviews because of [bad] nature?

Still probably my favorite course out of the 60-70 I've played. I canceled last minute to play it maybe a month before shut down...figured I could reschedule. I haven't been back since but man do I miss it.

Question: OG back 9 a la right of the building to start and finish by the pond? Or newer "back 9" left of the building that finishes at the parking lot? I'll always view left of the building as #1 lol

Bad reviews because of [bad] nature?

Still probably my favorite course out of the 60-70 I've played. I canceled last minute to play it maybe a month before shut down...figured I could reschedule. I haven't been back since but man do I miss it.

Question: OG back 9 a la right of the building to start and finish by the pond? Or newer "back 9" left of the building that finishes at the parking lot? I'll always view left of the building as #1 lol
OG back nine is the one you are describing as the "newer" back 9.

OG back nine is the one you are describing as the "newer" back 9.
No.

10 years ago you started to the left. Straight, right turn, straight, pond on your right (not a worry unless a BAD kick). 2 up towards that weird concrete pad. 3 hard dogleg right.

10s teepad is next to the building, lay up, drive shot 2, and keep going because its long. Heading towards the creek.

Am I crazy?

Or do you mean the old layout to me is the current one available to play?

No.

10 years ago you started to the left. Straight, right turn, straight, pond on your right (not a worry unless a BAD kick). 2 up towards that weird concrete pad. 3 hard dogleg right.

10s teepad is next to the building, lay up, drive shot 2, and keep going because its long. Heading towards the creek.

Am I crazy?

Or do you mean the old layout to me is the current one available to play?
Yes, you are crazy. You probably weren't around for the beginning of the course. They switched the nines during Worlds in 05. Later on, we switched it back.

I've been playing 23 years...

Okay I'm crazy lol (not sarcasm I've definitely lost a few brain cells)

So how does one go about stopping reviews of an 18 hole course that is in the process of reopening? With all of the effort we've put into reopening, and it's been a herculean effort, it is a slap in the face to the volunteers to read reviews that are largely malinformed. I reported one, but I don't feel it should be my job to police the general public, who for some reason, feel it's necessary to pass along misinformation. Any advice on how to suspend it would be appreciated. I can't find a way to contact anyone associated with this website. Thanks.

So how does one go about stopping reviews of an 18 hole course that is in the process of reopening? With all of the effort we've put into reopening, and it's been a herculean effort, it is a slap in the face to the volunteers to read reviews that are largely malinformed. I reported one, but I don't feel it should be my job to police the general public, who for some reason, feel it's necessary to pass along misinformation. Any advice on how to suspend it would be appreciated. I can't find a way to contact anyone associated with this website. Thanks.
Reach out to @greens. When tim ran the site, he would put a hold on reviews for courses under construction, but you needed to ask.

Pretty sure the first time I played, hole 1 was on the left. Next time I played it was on the right.

Well, you're probably right, what would I know.

I already admitted defeat here via which #1 is which, but a hill I'll die on is starting left is the superior layout.

Which do you prefer starting on?

I already admitted defeat here via which #1 is which, but a hill I'll die on is starting left is the superior layout.

Which do you prefer starting on?
I prefer starting on the hole that tees off next to the bathrooms (yes, the crazy dogleg one). I like to get this beast of a hole out of the way first! Lol.

I hear you pork, but I'd like to tackle something like that warmed up.

Opinions and stuff lol

Latest posts